“Disappointing Experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Beaufort
Two Suns Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 5 Beaufort B&B and Inns
Evans, GA
“Disappointing Experience”
Reviewed 8 August 2012

When I arrived there was no one around to check me in. I called out "hello" several times and finally went outside where I had seen a man working in the yard. He turned out to be the host and although he had seen me go in, he hadn't made any effort to acknowledge my arrival. He showed me to my room and said nothing about the complimentary wine - which I was looking forward to after a long drive. I had no idea how to get back in touch with them to tell them that there was a dirty towel hanging in my bathroom. There were 3 of us (I paid an extra $30/night for the 3rd person) and we never had more than two bath towels - and they were pretty worn. The breakfast was OK, but nothing special compared to other B&B's I've visited. When I checked out I had to ring the bell 3 times over the course of 15 minutes before the hostess emerged from their private section and that was only after the maid went in to get her for me. I heard her tell the maid that she had heard the bell and I wondered why she didn't come out or acknowledge me in any way. I was not happy when I left.

Room Tip: The pink room with the extra bed is not on par with the rest of the inn. If you want to partake the...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Angela R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Mansfield, Georgia
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We had the "skylight" room which is basically the attic. The air was not on when we arrived so it was quite warm (May). We left to visit the area and the room was very well cooled when we returned. I did expect more from the breakfast and the hosts are not overly social. Not that I minded but there was another couple there who requested the complimentary wine who were turned away for having too many. We were on the porch with them the afternoon and not sure why they were denied when that is advertised on their website. Not the best B&B I've ever stayed in, the view from the front porch is incredible and the breezes wonderful.

Room Tip: Don't get the "skylight" room if you want a view from your room. Otherwise the view fr...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle K
Loganville, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 22 June 2012

My husband and I spent the weekend at Two Suns and thoroughly enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere. Henri and Patricia were so very accommodating. I drink Diet Coke at breakfast and Henri was so happy to accommodate me. We decided to have an impromptu lunch on the porch with items we had bought at the farmer's market. Henri and Patricia were so gracious and provided us plates, napkins and silverware. They were a joy to talk to and were very forthcoming about their lives, especially with their travels and past careers. It was a real joy to spend time with them and I feel like we developed a relationship that will bring us back to Two Suns. The house is beautifully furnished and clean, the breakfasts were somewhat unusual, yet very palatable, and the B&B was full both nights were there with both first-timers like us and returning vacationers.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Welcome, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 18 June 2012

My husband and I and our 2 friends thoroughly enjoyed our weekend stay at Twosuns. The 4 of us have traveled together for years and I must say that Twosuns is near the top of the list of places we will visit again! Patricia and Henri were excellent hosts. The house is beautiful and tastefully decorated. We felt completely at home. Our room, The Library, was most comfortable. And the porch..... Absolutely wonderfufl! The view of the bay was magnificent! And let's not forget the food! Delicious and not overwhelming. At some B&B's the hosts seem to think that you won't eat anywhere else all day so they give you HUGE breakfasts. Patricia and Henri prepared delightful meals that left us completely satisfied and ready to go for the morning and not looking for a place to take a nap! Only one problem and that was the lack of sufficient parking. But overall, our stay was memorable for all the right reasons!

Room Tip: The Library is handicappped accessible. There is one room with a skylight and one with a sleeping p...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Canton, Georgia
Reviewed 10 June 2012

This was my Wife and my first experience at staying in a Bed and Breakfast. We stayed in the Library and were very confortable. Henri and Patricia were excellent hosts and were very accomodating. Our first day there I mentioned that I had never has an expresso and every morning of our stay, Henri fixed me an expresso. We thouroughly enjoyed gettign to know Henri and PAtricia and learn about their facinating lives. Henri did his best to educate my "country" pallet with with his French cusine. My Wife and I spent several relaxing hours sitting on the beautiful front porch looking out over the Beaufort waterfront.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I have to agree with the other reviewers who commented on the rudeness of the two innkeepers. Any question was answered w a terse and sarcastic reply. They advertise a wine or ice tea refreshment hour daily. We had to request wine and were made to feel we were being done a favor. The other guests in the parlor were offered nothing at all. I often stay at B & Bs and have not experienced anything quite as off-putting as this was. There was no one in the parlor area except myself and the wife of another guest I had struck a conversation with when Henri rudely told her that her one piece of luggage MUST be moved.she nicely replied that her husband was bringing in things from the car and would get it. Henri promptly and loudly replies no, no, I mean NOW! She mentioned that it was heavy, but struggled to get it upstairs, while Henri, a healthy, strong man, offered no assistance. It was terribly rude and completely uncalled for as it was not blocking anything. The room was small and we could hear every noise made on the other side of our door. And........I totally do not get the big deal about the gourmet breakfast. Basically it was some type of a custard and a quiche type dish. I was very glad we had reservations for only one night and moved on to a much happier and hospitable inn for the remainder of our stay. I would NOT return.

Room Tip: Just don't go!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
14 Thank joybgunter1

Travellers are raving about these Beaufort hotels

Greenville, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 8 May 2012

We spent 2 nights at Two Suns in April, 2012. Our room, the Library, on the main floor, was well-furnished and comfortable, the handicap-equipped bath was well-suited for a disabled person; the shower was a bit cramped for a non-disabled person.

The view out the front of the inn is of Beaufort's beautiful waterfront, with sailboats anchored along the river. The walk to downtown is about 1/2 mile, a bit farther than my wife could walk comfortably.

I had two nice visits with Henri, the innkeeper, early before breakfast-time, and a nice visit with Patricia at checkout. Some have said they are unfriendly; I found the opposite to be the case. They will give you as much space as you demand, but as much interconnection as you want.

Breakfast both mornings was very tasty, and was enough, but not too much food. Both were unique, French-inspired meals that we enjoyed while looking out at the lovely view.

One thing to keep in mind is that at Two Suns, you will pay about $100 less per night than at the other places up the street, which makes it a very good value.

Room Tip: If the Library is available, you won't have to climb a long flight of stairs to the upper floors...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple