“Patrons for over 15 years” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Japanese, Asian, Sushi
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Beaufort, South Carolina
“Patrons for over 15 years”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

The reason I was prompted to write a review for this restaurant is after writing a terrible review of a restaurant we visited in the same night. After spending $66 for a supposed to be nice seafood dinner out of town we were starving and decided to go to a restaurant we have ate at for many years with no negative experiences. We enjoyed a nice sushi dinner over a large saki that really made my husbands birthday night for a meager $40. I am thankful that we decided to spend some more money on dinner that night since we both would have gone to bed hungry and dissatisfied House of Tokyo was able to make us feel like we got the birthday dinner we had been longing for. Not only was the sushi prepared in the most beautiful fashion but tasted so pure and fresh and the chef even let us share this most wonderful tasting strawberry flavored dessert called Mochi ice cream, which will now be ordered every time we dine because they were absolutely the most delicious light tasting dessert I have ever had in my life! The service is wonderful, polite and always helpful. We have enjoyed this restaurant for many years and they have never disappointed and in fact went above and beyond expectation last night by giving us the birthday dinner we had longed for and topping it off with the most delightful dessert!

• Visited March 2014

Clemson, South Carolina
“Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

The food is always good here and the it has a great environment. The servers are also fairly friendly.

Visited August 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Best Japanese restaurant in the area!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

The hostess was really nice and friendly, she came and talked to all the customers and made sure that we all had something that we enjoyed. The sushi was spectacular and I felt like I got a bang for our buck! We had hardly any wait time and it was a great atmosphere.

• Visited December 2012
Kingston, OHio
“So-So”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

After a hectic day of traveling was in the mood for a quiet and calming dinner. A fan of Japanese cuisine, saw this place and decided to dine...was seated at a wobbly table which right away was annoying. I ordered water while my wife ordered the hot tea; very hot and perfectly brewed. At this point the tv in the corner which nobody was watching was annoyingly loud and distracting with two talking heads debating, had to ask them to turn the volume down. I ordered the Gyoza appetizer which was beyond horrible...dry and old. Pork Teriaky was good as was my wife's noodle bowl. After paying for my meal I commented on the Gyoza and how nice it would be if they would play some calming Japanese music vice the irritating tv noise and was informed that the staff was Korean so no Japanese music at The House of Tokyo. Hmm... Will not be back.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Great sushi with awesome price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

Outstanding sushi and combination Fried rice!!
Their sushi and combination fried rice are my favorite menu all the time.

• Visited November 2013