“Still yummy!”
Review of Saltus River Grill

Saltus River Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Saltus River Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 164 Restaurants in Beaufort
Price range: US$35 - US$45
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Scott Street
Description: Historic Beaufort's Urban Seafood Grill. The Saltus Kitchen is home to a cast of talented characters committed to the culinary art form, experience and presentation. From it comes our area's freshest sushi, mind-blowing steaks and seafood and an unsurpassed level of quality. The Sonoma-Style Patio has offered countless guests a chance to unwind, to breathe deeply, to sip slowly and to laugh often. Perfect for a variety of events, our nook along the Beaufort River provides an exceptional experience. Reserve your seat today. (843) 379-3474
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I had not eaten at Saltus in many years until this past weekend. I was a little nervous that they would not be as good as i remembered them being. I should not have worried! The service and food were as good, if not better, than I remembered them being years ago. We sat at the bar and the bartender was prompt and helpful. I had a specialty drink and it was delicious and complex. My friend had the special fish and I had the salmon. Both dishes were fantastic but my friend definitely made the better choice. The fish she ordered was local. It was fresh and flavorful. The sauce was divine and I could have eaten bowls of it! As I said, the salmon was delicious as well but the special of the day is the way to go! The atmosphere is upscale and comfortable and the location is great to take a stroll along the water before or after dining. There are few options when in quaint Beaufort and Saltus is not to be missed!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,049)

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Our neighbor, a Shrimp & Grits fan also, decided to take us here. Nice friend, huh? We got the chefs attention when we said that Husk restaurant in Charleston had the best S & G. He spent some time pre-meal talking about food with us, and let me tell you, he is passionate! Anyway...the Service was outstanding, and excellent service is not commonly found in Beaufort. The Pinot Noir from Oregon outstanding (although pricey), and the Shrimp and Grits were awesome. A slightly different version than Husk, but with more shrimp in the Saltus version. We were very pleased with our evening at Saltus Grille...

2  Thank Phil H
Reviewed 14 August 2014

During a visit to Beaufort, we had dinner at Saltus River Grill. What a delightful experience. We had fried green tomatoes, potato soup, Dorado, and crème brulee. Everything was cooked to perfection and seasoned just right. Our server was attentive and pleasant. We sat inside because it was really hot and humid, but we had a great view of the river. Definitely one of the highlights of our trip to Beaufort.

1  Thank June H
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Upscale in vibe, great wine list, deliciouds food, attentive service, rational prices. What more could one want! We will definitely return on our next visit to Beaufort.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Very good food and service. Halibut, blackened dorado -each served with imaginative and elegant sides, artfully presented. The jazz group made conversation challenging. Would not have been an issue if we had dined outside. A nice place.