“We enjoyed ourselves” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Saltus River Grill

Saltus River Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Saltus River Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 160 Restaurants in Beaufort
Price range: US$35 - US$45
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Sushi
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, View
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Scott Street
Description: Historic Beaufort's Urban Seafood Grill. The Saltus Kitchen is home to a cast of talented characters committed to the culinary art form, experience and presentation. From it comes our area's freshest sushi, mind-blowing steaks and seafood and an unsurpassed level of quality. The Sonoma-Style Patio has offered countless guests a chance to unwind, to breathe deeply, to sip slowly and to laugh often. Perfect for a variety of events, our nook along the Beaufort River provides an exceptional experience. Reserve your seat today. (843) 379-3474
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“We enjoyed ourselves”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

My wife and I celebrated her birthday here and were not disappointed. The service was comfortable and consistent. We started with a dozen oysters which were crisp and tasty but were more expensive than any we have had in SC, GA or FL. We decided to go salads and small plates... both salads were crisp and tasty, but nothing special. The steamed local clams were excellent, the beer broth was perfect with the clams and chorizo and we loved the grilled baguettes. The crispy pork spring rolls were my wife's favorite, the braised pork bellies were tasty. I thought the treat of the night was the country style pate of South Carolina quail and chicken livers... again, the baguettes were a hit. The only disappointment was the whole grain mustard. It was pretty average, to me. We had a nice pinot noir from Schug to go with our dinner. The creme brûlée we had for dessert was pretty good. We enjoyed ourselves and recommend it the next time you are in Beaufort.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank philly099

Cary, North Carolina
“Still yummy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

I had not eaten at Saltus in many years until this past weekend. I was a little nervous that they would not be as good as i remembered them being. I should not have worried! The service and food were as good, if not better, than I remembered them being years ago. We sat at the bar and the bartender was prompt and helpful. I had a specialty drink and it was delicious and complex. My friend had the special fish and I had the salmon. Both dishes were fantastic but my friend definitely made the better choice. The fish she ordered was local. It was fresh and flavorful. The sauce was divine and I could have eaten bowls of it! As I said, the salmon was delicious as well but the special of the day is the way to go! The atmosphere is upscale and comfortable and the location is great to take a stroll along the water before or after dining. There are few options when in quaint Beaufort and Saltus is not to be missed!

Visited August 2014
Charleston, South Carolina
“Nice Night Out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Our neighbor, a Shrimp & Grits fan also, decided to take us here. Nice friend, huh? We got the chefs attention when we said that Husk restaurant in Charleston had the best S & G. He spent some time pre-meal talking about food with us, and let me tell you, he is passionate! Anyway...the Service was outstanding, and excellent service is not commonly found in Beaufort. The Pinot Noir from Oregon outstanding (although pricey), and the Shrimp and Grits were awesome. A slightly different version than Husk, but with more shrimp in the Saltus version. We were very pleased with our evening at Saltus Grille...

2 Thank Phil H
South Carolina
“Fabulous Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

During a visit to Beaufort, we had dinner at Saltus River Grill. What a delightful experience. We had fried green tomatoes, potato soup, Dorado, and crème brulee. Everything was cooked to perfection and seasoned just right. Our server was attentive and pleasant. We sat inside because it was really hot and humid, but we had a great view of the river. Definitely one of the highlights of our trip to Beaufort.

1 Thank June H
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Delicious!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Upscale in vibe, great wine list, deliciouds food, attentive service, rational prices. What more could one want! We will definitely return on our next visit to Beaufort.

Visited July 2014