“Shore Bird Photography June 2014”

Lowcountry Photo Safaris
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a wildlife photography tour in the Lowcountry of South Carolina (mostly Beaufort County). We have 2hr ( for groups of 3 to 5 people) or the customary 3hr tours (1 to 4 people). The trips run around the calendar year the first three hours & the last three hours of the day (weather permitting), in a 19ft Carolina Skiff. Trips are seasonal and focus on the wildlife activity of the moment.
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Photographing shore birds on Eric Horan's boat was an experience I would like to repeat. Eric is knowledgeable about wildlife and an expert at guiding the boat to the best areas around Hilton Head Island and Pinckney Island to find wildlife. He expertly maneuvered the boat to slowly approach wildlife so that they do not startle and fly off. I was able to get some photos that I am proud of.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Great morning, perfect lighting, and hit all the great spots. Got several great shots and learned a few tips. Thanks Eric, great job. I will plan another trip soon.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Eric Horan is one of the most knowledgeable bird photographers guides I know. He, knows the birds, the behavior and most important where the birds will be at any given time. Being a photographer himself he knows where to position photographers for the best shots.He freely gives advice on camera settings for any given situation.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

My husband and I just finished our third outing with Eric Horan. We have never been disappointed! Our trip to the Santee River was exceptional! As others have noted, Eric has a passion for the natural world and helps you to experience this part of the country in a close and personal way. While I like to try my hand at photography, my husband simply goes along with his binoculars and has as much fun as I do. We highly recommend Eric if you want an opportunity to experience the beauty of the natural world without the interruption of mankind.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Eric was extremely knowledgeable of the local birds and exactly where to find them. We were able to photograph them in excellent late afternoon lighting. Outstanding tour. This wasn't our first with him and won't be our last either. He's the best.

PhotoGuide-Eric, Owner at Lowcountry Photo Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2015

Dianne, Thank you so much! Always nice having you aboard to share these wildlife experiences. We have the same passions for wildlife, wildlife conservation and wildlife photography so I couldn't be in better company. The Charleston is a crowd favorite because of the excellent early and late day light and the fact that the seabird nests are below the level of our lenses @ high tide. This makes for easy image making of not only chicks in the nest, but before that, the eggs themselves : ) Hope to see you again soon!