“Great hotel with spacious rooms”

Holiday Inn & Suites Beaufort at Highway 21
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
Reviewed 16 July 2011

My daughter & I stayed here for one night and was pleasantly surprised at how spacious the rooms were. The room was clean, the beds/pillows were comfortable and the pool/jacuzzi area was nice & clean as well. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 July 2011

My daughter and sister and I stayed here for two nights for my nephew's graduation from boot camp. I stay at a lot of hotels and a lot of Holiday Inns. We arrived very late (2300) and check in was still very smooth. Lobby had obvioulsy been newly remodeled. Elevators were clean, worked well and had helpful info on the various specials (recommend the 4.99 breakfast special). We had a "suite" which was 2 queens in one room and a pull out sofa in the other with microwave and half-fridge. Daughter and sister raved about how comfy the beds were. A/C worked great. Bathroom was so clean I couldn't tell it couldn't tell it had been used before (no stray hair...). Pull out bed was not so great (3" foam mattress), but what do you expect - fine for two nights. The hotel was having issues with the internet and went through the trouble of putting a letter under every door explaining the problem and that they were working on it - that is simply attentive management!! Paid roughly 150/night including taxes.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank phsinv
Reviewed 5 June 2011

We have checked this property out in advance and made sure we only spent time in Beaufort from Tuesday through Friday due to a weekend convention in the city, which to us meant that all the hotels there will likely fill and that the resulting service may not be as good.

Upon checking in we noticed that our room while clean overall, did have 3 spots on the carpet at the couch that looked like blood or possibly grease, that have not been looked after throughout the period of our stay.

The main problem we encoutered was inability to access the wireless internet in our room. Once we were able to actually be "in" the system would immediately pull us out. We are fully experienced with passwords and upon calling the front desk, all they did was to refer us to an 800 number that kept advising us that the system is "slow." My wife even approached the Chief Engineer about the problem and he was of no help although very polite.. Frankly, the business center computers worked just fine so, it seems that it is really a question of not paying enough for the service to the rooms. .

Our encounters with all employees were pleasant and we did use the restaurant. There are a couple of suggestions for the restaurant breakfast service: . Have sufficient pens available when presenting the check. The server should have a computer station in the restaurant area, rather than having to walk to the front desk in order to have a room charge validated.

Overall I would still recommend this hotel but, having noticed that they won the 2010 Award they should strive to have better internet service.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gorgonzola_11
Reviewed 3 June 2011

In our opinion this is a very lovely, clean, and total relaxing hotel close to down town and has all of the anemities one needs while staying in Beaufort.
The pool is lovely, fitness center is up to date, the grounds are well kept, the patio out from the bar area allows you to inhale the sights and sounds of the marsh and the staff is excellent.
This is our third time here and I would rate it a A for sure. You cannot beat their breakfast, and the orange juice is so fresh like we just squeezed those oranges our selves.
There might be other 's in the area, and they might be cheaper, but our room was just lovely and you would have never known that there were 3 weddings in this hotel.
We slept soundly.

Room Tip: I do prefer a higher level room, myself,
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2011

I stayed here when my brother graduated from the USMC recently. I had a reservation problem that I discussed with the front desk, who were rude and unhelpful. I then requested to speak with the manager, who was also rude and unhelpful. Although the rooms were clean enough and the location close to Parris Island, I would not recommend this hotel, nor will I ever stay at a Holiday Inn again.
Also, the pool was indoors (who has an indoor pool in SC), it was very small, and had an extreme amount of cholirine in it, to the point my eyes were watering. Also, there is very little space to lay out in the sun. The only redeeminjg quality was the bartender, who was very curteous and helpful when we had some questions on dining spots in the area.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank eflynn35
Reviewed 24 April 2011

We went to pick up my son for graduation from USMC bootcamp. Easy to find the base, very clean. great bar and pool. Would stay here again. Beds were REALLY nice and was happy with my decision.

Room Tip: I would sign up for their rewards program before
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank janeinpenn
Reviewed 12 April 2011

We LOVED this Holiday Inn! It is gorgeous and the rooms are wonderful. They have a nice quaint bar with outside seating for nice chill nights and a wonderful resteraunt with in room service as well. It's located near downtown but not in downtown. The ONLY con and it's not a negative con just a con, is that it's not really near anything. A couple bars in walking distance and some chain resteraunts that you can get anywhere. Other then that we loved the area and this hotel made it better!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple