Holiday Inn & Suites Beaufort at Highway 21
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Nice, comfortable and clean rooms. The guest relations staff are amazing and it was nice to be able to ask them questions - they are very knowledgeable on the area. The indoor pool was great and not too busy. The restaurant was well priced and good food. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bktraveller1
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn & Suites Beaufort at Highway 21

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

My stay was for two days beginning on July 3rd 2014. I found the check in process slowed by the lack of a room being ready. I called prior to my arrival and spoke with the same clerk checking me in and gave her my GPS based arrival time. I went to the room to take pictures without my luggage in the photos. Once in the room I observed a long hair under the covers and a super dirty floor. I immediately notified the housekeeping since she was outside my door. The fan in the bathroom was dangling and probably should be repaired. I walked around to check out the rest of the hotel and to get photos. The two clerks still are unpleasant and could learn about service with a smile from the night clerk Candice. She is what saved this hotel from being a 2 rating along with other various maintenance crew members. The first morning I went down stairs to grab breakfast from Albergotti's Grill. Sadly that was not possible since I was advised there was a 40 to 45 minute wait. This hotel endures Marine graduations regularly so why were they not prepared for one occurring during the 4th of July holiday. I did not notice that many guests, so I just went off site looking for food since one extra person was going to overwhelm them. Hotel parking is shared with the hotel next door, though I doubt it was planned that way . The hotel next door is a bit run down so imagine the types that were hanging out over the balcony, so you should be extra alert when returning at night alone. Overall if you have to attend a graduation in that area it appears that the Holiday Inn is the best hotel available. In my case I wanted to be in Hilton Head and waited to late to find anything in that area that wasn't run down.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SassySabby
Reviewed 6 July 2014

this is our second time staying at the hotel, and we have been happy with the hotel.Rooms are clean, spacious with lovely views of the marsh. Dinner at the hotel restaurant was suprisingly good, enjoyed their outdoor seating. On site indoor pool and pop corn at the lobby from 4-7pm was a huge hit with the kids. Service at the front desk and restaurant was excellent. would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank meghana
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Despite booking early, paying in advance, and arriving well after check-in time, our rooms were not ready when we arrived, resulting in a long wait time. Not what the doctor ordered after driving from Orlando FL to Beaufort SC. As a form of apology, the desk clerk gave me three passes for free drinks at the bar. This is a really handsome-looking Holiday Inn. The building and the furniture appear to be relatively new. It's a shame that previous guests have been so unkind to the furniture and fixtures. Some fixtures are loose, torn, or missing. Some furniture (e.g., desk and occasional chair) is wobbly. The refrigerator in my room ticked like an old-fashioned kitchen timer. I reported it and was told that it was defrosting, which could take several hours. It was still ticking when I checked out the next morning. However, menu at the on-premise restaurant was more accomplished than I expected. We ordered an 8-ounce filet mignon, a pecan-crusted tilapia, and chicken tenders. The food and service were delightful. There is also an attractive bar on the lobby level that closed at 10:00pm on the night we stayed (July 03rd). Both the restaurant and bar feature patio seating. Complimentary Wi-Fi was fast and convenient, as I was not required to login every time I turned on my phone or iPad. An indoor pool, fitness center, and conference facilities are located on the property. Everyone expects a bathroom exhaust fan to be noisy, but one wouldn't expect it to sound like a lawnmower. On the other hand, I did not expect to find a selection of towels conveniently stored in the bathtub/shower. Nice touch. Complementary rain forest alliance certified coffee was available in the lobby during breakfast. All things considered, I would give them a second chance.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ty C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Beaufort at Highway 21, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Ty C,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am pleased to hear that you found our hotel and staff highly commendable. On the other hand, I sincerely apologize for the difficulties you had experienced at check- in and the inconvenience the condition of room amenities may have caused you. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Thank you for your time and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed here while on family business. The room was well-appointed, attractively decorated with a nice sink, microwave, coffee machine, sink and counter area. Everything was very clean and the maid service prompt and friendly. A short drive to the historic district, this hotel is near to a number of dining choices.
I also ate in the hotel three times. A steak special with sauteed summer squash and red potatoes was excellent. An very large omelet was accompanied by the best home fries I have had in a long time: crisp diced potatoes with fluffy centers, not at all greasy. The final meal was a disappointment as I found the pork chop special dry and the collard greens very overcooked.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We reserved a king room/ suite with a sofa bed for 2 nights at this hotel and it looked very nice and welcoming upon arrival. After we checked in (close to 11pm) and got to our room we were surprised to see this gigantic jacuzzi bathtub and mirrored walls that took up 3/4 of the room and two double beds or extremely small queen beds. We thought the jacuzzi in the center of the room was very odd but nothing to be alarmed about. Then we noticed the sofa cushions were excessively worn and warped- they didn't lay flat against the frame. The matching chair however, was just the opposite. It looked dirty and worn but also seemed as if the center of the seat was caving in. Next my husband pulls the bedspread away from the pillows and begins to brush "something" off of the sheets with his hand. He said he expected to she clean crisp sheets and instead the sheets looked wrinkled and kind of dull. Then I get to the bathroom and realize that we are in a handicap accessible room which kind of explained the massive jacuzzi tub!?? This wouldn't have been an issue at all except for the fact that there was BLOOD spattered on the wall by the toilet! When we called the front desk to notify them of the issue the clerk told us the hotel was sold out and there was nothing they could to to assist us until the next morning when the manager came in. What!?! Okay we understood the hotel was completely sold out but there wasn't anyone around to clean up the blood in the bathroom that we were stuck with! Terrible, gross, unsanitary, disgusting! The next morning the manager apologized and gave us another room but it still seemed gross and nothing will ever encourage me to come back to this hotel. Never, ever, ever.

Room Tip: Unless you need it, stay away from the handicapped accessible room on the 4th floor!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ShDR
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Beaufort at Highway 21, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear ShDR,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay, particularly your room allocation. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional details regarding your stay.

Again, thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 23 June 2014

After a 13-hour drive we arrived at 12:30AM and needed a room: we didn't think there would be a problem. We drove up to the lobby door, made eye contact with the female night clerk inside, smiled, and walked through the first glass doors.
She looked at us for a minute and then scuttled away into the back.
Mind you, the interior set of glass doors are only opened after hours by a card key or being buzzed in.
So we picked up the house phone and called the front desk.
And called.
And called.
After standing in the foyer for 15 minutes, we gave up.
And went to the Hampton Inn a few blocks away.
Where Angela gave us a friendly welcome AND allowed us to sleep in an actual room.
End of Story.

(Just so we're clear on this: neither the vehicle nor our physical appearance contained any elements that might have scared the flapjacks out of an otherwise competent hotel desk clerk and Normal Human Being. Just ask Angela.)

Room Tip: Two tips: Have reservations. Arrive before they lock the front doors. Otherwise there won't be...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family