“Is A Good Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn & Suites Beaufort at Highway 21

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Holiday Inn & Suites Beaufort at Highway 21
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
Valdosta, Georgia
“Is A Good Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

This is a very nice hotel. Clean, comfortable and pleasant. Is the best hotel in Beaufort right now, in my opinion. I was just disappointed THIS time with the breakfast. I reserved my room with the breakfast. The room rate was a little bit more because the Water Festival is going on (which I didn't mind). But when my children and I went down for breakfast, we were told it was a buffet style breakfast (included bacon, link sausages, country honey ham, scrambled eggs, grits, and biscuits & gravy). When we asked about pancakes, we were told it is not included but that they could make us A pancake. The breakfast also only included one 8 oz glass of orange juice for each person. Any more we would have to pay. A regular room rate was $130 a night for that particular night. With the breakfast, it was increased to $150 a night. We were told we we only had a $20 voucher for all of us together. My daughter ate free since she was under 12. But the buffet was $9.99 plus tax. So, I STILL had to come out of pocket for $1.84 for the tax. I've just never heard of such so I was disappointed in that. But overall, the hotel is very nice and I would still recommend it to anyone. I would just suggest not getting the breakfast included rate and just seeing what they are offering that particularly day and if you want true buffet breakfast, go to Golden Corral which is not far away at all.

1 Thank Keisha B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Mooresboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

My family came in town for my retirement and we needed a place to stay so we decide to try Holiday Inn. The rooms are comfortable and the staff was friendly. The kids enjoyed the pool even when it got crowded. If I ever find myself in Beaufort again, this hotel will be at the top of the short list of options.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Kramer6492
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Staff is very attentive and they ask you if you are coming for a Marine Graduation, if you do they are very kind to congratulate us for our new Marine... Close to plenty of restaurants and few are within walking distance... all in all a great place overall!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank DOJAMFAM
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Nice, comfortable and clean rooms. The guest relations staff are amazing and it was nice to be able to ask them questions - they are very knowledgeable on the area. The indoor pool was great and not too busy. The restaurant was well priced and good food. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bktraveller1
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

My stay was for two days beginning on July 3rd 2014. I found the check in process slowed by the lack of a room being ready. I called prior to my arrival and spoke with the same clerk checking me in and gave her my GPS based arrival time. I went to the room to take pictures without my luggage in the photos. Once in the room I observed a long hair under the covers and a super dirty floor. I immediately notified the housekeeping since she was outside my door. The fan in the bathroom was dangling and probably should be repaired. I walked around to check out the rest of the hotel and to get photos. The two clerks still are unpleasant and could learn about service with a smile from the night clerk Candice. She is what saved this hotel from being a 2 rating along with other various maintenance crew members. The first morning I went down stairs to grab breakfast from Albergotti's Grill. Sadly that was not possible since I was advised there was a 40 to 45 minute wait. This hotel endures Marine graduations regularly so why were they not prepared for one occurring during the 4th of July holiday. I did not notice that many guests, so I just went off site looking for food since one extra person was going to overwhelm them. Hotel parking is shared with the hotel next door, though I doubt it was planned that way . The hotel next door is a bit run down so imagine the types that were hanging out over the balcony, so you should be extra alert when returning at night alone. Overall if you have to attend a graduation in that area it appears that the Holiday Inn is the best hotel available. In my case I wanted to be in Hilton Head and waited to late to find anything in that area that wasn't run down.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SassySabby
usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

this is our second time staying at the hotel, and we have been happy with the hotel.Rooms are clean, spacious with lovely views of the marsh. Dinner at the hotel restaurant was suprisingly good, enjoyed their outdoor seating. On site indoor pool and pop corn at the lobby from 4-7pm was a huge hit with the kids. Service at the front desk and restaurant was excellent. would stay there again.

Location
1 Thank meghana
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Despite booking early, paying in advance, and arriving well after check-in time, our rooms were not ready when we arrived, resulting in a long wait time. Not what the doctor ordered after driving from Orlando FL to Beaufort SC. As a form of apology, the desk clerk gave me three passes for free drinks at the bar. This is a really handsome-looking Holiday Inn. The building and the furniture appear to be relatively new. It's a shame that previous guests have been so unkind to the furniture and fixtures. Some fixtures are loose, torn, or missing. Some furniture (e.g., desk and occasional chair) is wobbly. The refrigerator in my room ticked like an old-fashioned kitchen timer. I reported it and was told that it was defrosting, which could take several hours. It was still ticking when I checked out the next morning. However, menu at the on-premise restaurant was more accomplished than I expected. We ordered an 8-ounce filet mignon, a pecan-crusted tilapia, and chicken tenders. The food and service were delightful. There is also an attractive bar on the lobby level that closed at 10:00pm on the night we stayed (July 03rd). Both the restaurant and bar feature patio seating. Complimentary Wi-Fi was fast and convenient, as I was not required to login every time I turned on my phone or iPad. An indoor pool, fitness center, and conference facilities are located on the property. Everyone expects a bathroom exhaust fan to be noisy, but one wouldn't expect it to sound like a lawnmower. On the other hand, I did not expect to find a selection of towels conveniently stored in the bathtub/shower. Nice touch. Complementary rain forest alliance certified coffee was available in the lobby during breakfast. All things considered, I would give them a second chance.

Location
1 Thank Ty C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Beaufort at Highway 21, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Ty C,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am pleased to hear that you found our hotel and staff highly commendable. On the other hand, I sincerely apologize for the difficulties you had experienced at check- in and the inconvenience the condition of room amenities may have caused you. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Thank you for your time and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Best Regards,