“Not too impressed this time !”

Holiday Inn & Suites Beaufort at Highway 21
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
Emerald Isle, North Carolina
“Not too impressed this time !”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

My family stayed here for 5 nights. When we arrived in our room, the bedding was stained and looked as if it has not been changed. I know the sheets are suppose to be clean after every guest, but I think a new comforter would be appropriate as well. Our room was skipped twice from housekeeping, and we did not have the do not disturb sign on. I had to call both times for new towels and trash bags. The breakfast was ok, waitresses were pleasant. I think a complimentary breakfast would be wonderful, as most of the HI hotels I frequent offer that. The free morning coffee was super strong, so beware , if your caffeine sensitive. The pool and hot tub were nice, but employees need to keep up with the area because we noticed trash and dirty towels all on the floor .We will probably chose another hotel next time we are in town.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Beaufort at Highway 21, responded to this review, 14 September 2014
Dear Usmcwife926,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments online. I am pleased that you found our pool and hot tub facility to be in excellent condition. However, I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize if the condition of the room disappointed you. This will be rectified in order to ensure that similar incidents do not happen again in the future. We take the confidence our guests place in us to rectify unsatisfactory circumstances.

Pam G
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Venice, Ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

We were driving from Charleston to Savannah so decided it was worth the lower price to not stay downtown. Great choice in our opinion. It's an easy 5 -7 minute drive into downtown and parking was easy.
There a sub sandwich place a stones throw from the hotel, although I highly recommend some of the wonderful dining places in downtown.
Easy free parking, free popcorn and sweet/unsweetened tea in lobby during certain times. Room was clean and spacious, although it would have been nice to be placed in a room on a higher floor (we were on 2nd floor) that didn't overlook the parking lot. We could hear hallway /parking lot/faint street noise although people were generally quiet by 10:30PM. We opted not to go into the indoor pool /jacuzzi since it wasn't very nice and reminded us of a Y public pool.
Overall well worth the money.

• Stayed August 2014
Dobson, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

We went to Beaufort SC for a quick weekend trip. It was 4 of us. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone. The staff was awesome, our second night there the ac went out in our room and the lady at the front desk immediately gave us another room. The hotel restaurant was delicious. James our waiter was awesome. The kids loved him and we saved money because the kids eat free each time. If you are looking for a nice hotel close to everything this is the place for you!! We will be going back again!

Room Tip: Our room had a gorgeous view of the marsh.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

I spent 2 nights at your hotel and I must say that the room was gorgeous and the bed was comfortable. I have lived in Charleston, SC my whole life and I have never been to Beaufort and to be honest you have a beautiful city. The front desk staff was very nice and very helpful. The only downside I have about the room is the cable channels, I think that it needs an upgrade, other than that I loved it and I am looking forward to staying at your hotel again in the near future.

South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Many issues prompted me to give this hotel a poor rating. Our check-in was difficult because the clerk could not speak clearly- she mumbled and spoke so fast we could not understand her. The supervisor had to step in. Our room faced the parking lot, rather than the marsh - probably because we got a great deal online and were not paying the full price. Upon arriving in the room, we had to ask the housekeeper to remake our bed because it looked like someone had been laying on the pillows and the bedding was very wrinkled. After they changed the linens, the bed still looked awful. The a/c unit was very LOUD, even with the use of ear plugs. The overall workmanship in the hotel was substandard - the transitions between the carpet and tile was a joke, the paint on trim was juvenile, the carpet was stained. The lights in the bathroom were so dim it was difficult to put on makeup. We received a VIP coupon for a $3.95 breakfast, not including coffee. There was an elevator special for breakfast for $5.95 that included coffee and hash browns that was actually cheaper.....so why bother giving a VIP coupon? They have stopped giving Priority Club members free breakfasts, but give us a useless VIP coupon. Come on, Holiday Inn....get your act together. I'll stay elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: I would not recommend this hotel. Too many issues with standards not being met. If the hotel is rate...
1 Thank June H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Beaufort at Highway 21, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Dear June H,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We deeply regret to see that you did not fully enjoy your time as our guest. We do take all of our reviews that we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Warrenville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Checkin was a breeze and room was ready on time. The hotel room was exactly as described. Nice furniture and a comfortable bed for us to enjoy. Hotel was convenient to shopping, beaches, and dining. I would stay here again and would recommend to others also.

Stayed August 2014
Boat
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

The hotel looks modern and up to date, but after checking in and looking more closely it was obvious that the room was very dirty. The furniture needs to be moved and the carpet given a good vacuuming. It wouldn't take much to bump it up to an acceptable level, but I would not stay in this hotel again unless I knew it had been cleaned up.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Beaufort at Highway 21, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Dear BeezBoat,

Thank you for letting us know how your stay was with us. I am happy to learn you like our newly renovated hotel. However, I apologize if the housekeeping service and cleanliness of the room amenities fell below your expectations. I appreciate your feedback and allowing us the opportunity to address these issues with our whole team.

Again, thank you for your feedback and suggestions. I hope if you get back to the area, you will consider staying at our hotel.

Zelyn N