“Great Value!”

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 3 July 2014

A pleasant fresh smell greeted me as I opened the door to the very spacious room. It was a good first impression. The beds were comfortable and the AC worked well. Everything looked clean and in good condition. Everything in the bathroom was fine, except for the dangerously slippery bathtub. Beware!
We had a room on the first floor which was good for loading and unloading the car, but it was a bit too noisy with people going in and out the door. The hotel itself was on a quiet side street.
I don't know who came up with the idea to put comforters in all the hotels these days, but a comforter in the middle of summer in SC just doesn't work. We took the comforter part out of the sheets and just kept the sheets. Then we requested a blanket. It's an inconvenient process to have to go through.
I'm very disappointed that Comfort Suites has decided to nickle and dime their customers by trying to charge $1.50 to use the safe in the rooms. Tell them you want to opt out of it when you check in.
I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs may be quieter. The backside has a nice view of woods.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brooksglo
MasterkeyCares, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Beaufort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Esteemed Guest,

Thank you very much for posting this graceful review about your stay with us
It felt really nice and encouraging to hear about your positive feedback about our spacious room, beds, ac and more. I am really very apologetic to learn that the bathroom tub was slippery, I have already issued instructions to have it changed. I have also discussed the matter of charging for the safe with my management and I am hopeful we shall come up with an amicable option. Also the next time you check in the housekeeping will take care of the comforters. It is our privilege that you have decided to stay with us the next time you are in this area.

Looking forward to serve you in a splendid way the next time you visit us.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Beaufort

Reviewed 2 July 2014

The lobby was nice and clean, front desk workers kind and polite, the beds were very comfortable and the breakfast was adequate and well stocked. However, the furniture that housed the fridge had apparently been damaged by a leak of some sort and would not close due to being warped and coming apart. It was an eye sore. More importantly, the second day of our stay, we returned to our room to be welcomed by a very harsh chemical smell as soon as we exited the elevator to our floor. I called the front desk and was informed it would "go away in a few minutes." When I pushed the issue and asked about the chemicals, specifically that I was inhaling, I was informed it was porcelain cleaner that was used for the bath tubs. Our windows obviously could not be opened and there was no exhaust fan in the bathroom, therefore, there was no ventilation. We left for a few hours and came back to a less pungent, but still present odor. A warning as we walked out that morning would have been appreciated. I plan on returning to Beaufort in the near future and will look for lodging elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2014
MasterkeyCares, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Beaufort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Guest,

I appreciate your posting a review about your stay with us. It was nice and kind of you to applaud the good points about our hotel like the clean lobbies, well behaved front desk workers, beds and breakfast.

It was extremely disturbing for me to learn about the irritating odor in our room due to the cleaning process. I will co-ordinate with the housekeeping staff and ensure that such a thing is never repeated in the future. Kindly accept my apologies for the discomfort caused to you.
I assure you of a comfortable and serene stay with us the next time you are in this area. Do give us a chance to serve you better.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

So I made a reservation, confirmed for a king bed. Arrived and got a room with a queen bed. Was told they were remodeling some of their king rooms, but no mention of it on their web site, so none were available. Also told that the manager did a pre-assignment of rooms, but I guess even being a "gold" member of their frequent stay program could not get me my room I reserved and confirmed. I was also told the hotel was sold out, so any hope of changing rooms was off the table.

So I asked the front desk clerk if the room was near the elevator and she said no. Get to my room and its right next to the elevator. Get into the room and its old and worn out. The furniture is worn out and so is the carpet. The bathroom is in horrible shape.

So breakfast this AM. Eggs, cold. Sausage, cold. Coffee impossible to drink the flavor is terrible.

And the smell of sewage out side when we arrived last night, from where I don't know was rather disgusting.

I would not waste my time or my money.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Marine-0311-Grunt

Dear Guest,

I am apologetic about the lack of co-ordination between our hotel and the website which caused you inconvenience, will look into the matter personally and make sure it does not repeat in the future. There was also some amount of negligence by the front desk staff, will rectify that as well.

Should also ensure that the pantry and room service functions to the optimum. All in all kindly accept my heartiest apologies for the overall inconvenience you faced.

Looking forward to your future stay with us which would be satisfying and a memorable one for you.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

My husband let me pick our honeymoon. We being on a budget and I wanted to go to the beach and my husband loving the outdoors, I thought of Hunting Island State Park. Which is right outside Beaufort, SC. We had a wonderful stay at the Suite. ALWAYS polite and SUPER friendly workers. The spa was very nice!!! Everything was CLEAN!!! We had no problems with anything. The people at the desk greeted every time, everyday we went in or out. Breakfast was a bonus! We wanted a place that offered free breakfast (Not just your cereal and fruit and bread breakfast). There was always fresh eggs, yogurt, cereal, a waffle maker, oj machine, apple juice machine, milk, water, coffee.....and so much more. We would pig out on breakfast and then head to the beach for the whole day. I smoke and my husband don't so we made sure to get a smoke free hotel and I was scared they wouldn't have a smoking area. But they did! The lady at the desk said I can smoke anywhere on property as long as I wasn't near a door and picked up my butts. The beds...oh the beds are really really comfortable!!! Soft, yet firm. All around great stay at this hotel!!! Would recommend to anyone!!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the bottom floor, but I say any floor is great. The walls are thick enough we never he...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
MasterkeyCares, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Beaufort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

It was a pleasure to welcome you and your wife for such a unique occasion. We are delighted you had a wonderful experience and enjoyed the friendliness of our staff, the facilities of our Suite and Spa and all other amenities. Let us congratulate you both once again and we wish you a lifetime of happiness together. We hope we’ll see you return to celebrate an anniversary in the future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Beaufort is a great little town, very historic, many interesting things to do.
Hotel is super. Staff is very attentive, place is sparkling clean and has great breakfast area.
You will be happy staying here!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MasterkeyCares, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Beaufort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It is a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Comfort Suites Beaufort. Your compliments of our friendly staff, hotel and its facilities are very much appreciated, thank you once again and we hope to welcome you back next time when you are in the area.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

The rooms and people are just the best. On that basis I highly recommend this hotel. However, the breakfast is really lacking. Totally redundant and really not impressive. They need to provide more than scrambled eggs and sausage. Some variety would be appreciated.

Room Tip: Comfort suites are very roomy and relaxing. The problem I had was with the a/c. I needed to have...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank JoAnn B

Dear Guest,

We appreciate knowing the things that please you as well as those areas that need our attention. We sorry to hear that you were not pleased with our breakfast selection. You will be happy to know we are in the process of improving our selection on our breakfast menu. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced during our breakfast bar. We strive to please all of our guests and appreciate your comments.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stop through for a graduation and it was excellent. the hotel was clean, the staff was very friendly and the breakfast was good. There is a Golden Coral across the street that is very convenient and a Wal-Mart just a little up the street for anything you may have forgotten It was worth it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
MasterkeyCares, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Beaufort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We strive to ensure all of our guests needs are met and we pleased that you enjoyed your stay. It is great to hear you found our location satisfactory to your needs. We value your business and your feedback and look forward to seeing you again.

Warm Regards,