Best Western Sea Island Inn
Oasis Inn(Beaufort)
Good 3.5/5
  • Room Service
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsgreat locationbest westernsparris islandhistoric districtwithin walking distancewaterfront parkbreakfast room isno elevatorshops and restaurantsbay stnice poolmarine graduationin townantebellum homesyogurtcomplimentary breakfastmarine base
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 January 2009

After emailing the local Chamber of Commerce, the BW Sea Island Inn mailed us a post card with a discount for the first night. The discount was an added incentive, but I liked how they took the time (and the opportunity) to mail the card directly to us. I booked through the Internet at the BW web site. We were delighted with the location. The Sea Island Inn is located in downtown historic Beaufort, right on the marina. There's a wonderful little park with swings where you can sit and watch the sunset. The price was affordable and the room was absolutely lovely. Their complimentary breakfast was good. The staff is friendly and helpful, especially since we had to have brakes put on our car prior to leaving. There are restaurants within walking distance. We ate at Luther's. J.J. was an excellent waitress and the pork chops were simply fabulous! There is a great seafood restaurant within driving distance, but a little hard to find. It's worth finding because the food is excellent. It's called the Dockside. Jared was our waiter and he not only had a great sense of humor, he told us some great stories about the area. It's just a short drive over to Hunting Island State Park from the hotel, where you can hike the trails or climb to the top of the Lighthouse, which affords an excellent view. You can walk from the hotel and check out the local graveyards and churches, which are full of history and look at the mansions, art, and architecture of the area, all while staying at a great location like the Sea Island Inn provides.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank MBrown4059
Reviewed 11 December 2008

US Marines graduation from boot camp. Excellent choice. Pleasent quiet, secure area. In downtown 10 min from Parris Island. Easy to get to base. We had a great time and the service was great. The rooms where clean and bright. TV, Mirco, mini frig.what else could you ask for. The room had 2 queen beds and a table to eat at. Would stay again if needed to. This was very clean., room by the pool and was not loud.

1  Thank nay007
Reviewed 30 October 2008

Very pleased with this older hotel, more like an Inn. Right downtown in Beaufort. Close to everything. The continental breakfast was unbelievable, hot and cold items. And all the staff were so sweet and accomadating. I would recommend this hotel for families and girl trips, but also golfing guys too, cause it is very affordable. We went for a girls trip for the shrimp festival and it was perfect. Thanks to the hotel for a great stay. And Beaufort is an excellent place to go for a long weekend.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank TRAVELERLOVE
Reviewed 12 August 2008

Motel in the historic district, had large, comfortable, very clean rooms (not usually found in some of the motel chains). Staff was excellent. Our experience is that Best Westerns located in historic districts are typically very nice). The Beaufort one is located just across the street from Beaufort Bay (Intracoastal Waterway) Except for some sightseeing at other islands and Hunting Island State Park - we didn't need to use our car as one can walk the historic district quite easily and there are a number of restaurants and shops within the immediate area. Truly enjoyed our visit and the Best Western and plan to return again next year for a longer stay

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lily040
Reviewed 20 April 2008

We went to Royal Palm for a wedding and decided to spend a night in Beaufort after. I had done a little reseach on Trip Advisor and saw this hotel. I didn't make a reservation before we left in case we changed our plans. We got to town and stopped at the hotel. They quoted us a rate of $149 per night. I had seen a special rate of $129 for "race fans." I'm not a race fan but am alwaysl willing to save $20! When I asked about the rate the young man at the desk told me I could make a reservation at the computer in the lobby. That's what I did. That seems ridiculous to have to do, but I did it to save $20. They didn't have a room ready for us to check into but told us we could leave our motorcycle there and walk around.

The location is wonderful. You are right across the street from the waterfront , all the restaurants and the park. What a fun place to visit!

The rooms were clean very large and mostly quiet. The continental breakfast was one of the best I've had before. All kinds of things like eggs and breakfast meats. Waffles can be made as well. That's a wonderful thing to have before you take off. The shower and bathroom were fine too. The linens and beds were comfortable.

We'll visit again and stay here again too. There wasn't another hotel within walking distance that we could find. I'll check to be sure, but I'd stay here anytime.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple