“Just ok”

Econo Lodge Beaufort
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
Reviewed 12 February 2013

It was ok for 1 night. The room was clean and there was plenty of room. The downside was you could hear everything from people walking in the room above you, toilets flushing, doors opening and closing, people talking. Also the bed was hard and uncomfortable. The last working the front desk was pleasant. I did not have time for breakfast, though it was very crowded. A family member said the waffles were good. The location was good and if renovated, would be even better. The pool looked nice- again no time to use it and it was pouring down rain, so getting back to the room would have been a really cold walk

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank traci2316

Reviewed 15 September 2012

I was in Beaufort for my sons' Marine Corps graduation. After 20+ years in the military myself, I have seen plenty of cheap and grubby hotels. This Econo Lodge is truly an "all-star" among the filthy, nasty hotels of America. The mold spewing AC would not shut off. (Broken switch!) The toilet ran constantly. The carpet was filthy. The bed was full of sand fleas. The parking lot was full of trash. The free "breakfast" was comical. The "orange juice" was just orange colored water. The pastries were cut into tiny, dried up sections. The "coffee" was just brown water. Yes, the hotel is cheap, and normally, I would say "you get what you pay for." But with this hotel, you get exactly nothing (except a skin rash). Next time, I will pay twice as much to stay in the Hilton. I stayed at the Econo Lodge two nights, and when I got back home, I actually had nightmares about this hotel! Not every hotel can claim to produce PTSD !!! On top of everything else, when I checked out, they told me they couldn't give me a receipt! They have to email it to me. So now, I am wondering if they will try to make additional, unwarranted charges to my credit card. I almost hope they try it. I would love to sue this hotel. Stay tuned!!!

Room Tip: You would do better to sleep in your vehicle!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank TimothyJWilliams
Reviewed 1 September 2012

DO NOT book at this hotel. We arrived and were told that we had booked a smoking room. DID NOT book. I then asked to see the room. The walk to the room was behind the building basically passing room after room with large old coffee cans with water and cigarette butts in them. Looked VERY "SHADY." I opened the door to the room, and found the odor DISGUSTING. I did not even walk into the room based on that. We left and went up the street and stayed at Hilton Garden Inn.

Room Tip: My tip to you would be DO NOT BOOK. Sleep in your car before sleeping in their room
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I was staying for a marine graduation. The location is good if you are planning on visiting Parris Island. The rooms were pretty clean. The carpets made my feet a little black. The only thing I really disliked was that I saw a group of men hanging in the parking lot around midnight and looking into the windows of cars in the parking lot. I knew there were security cameras but we let the front desk know and they didn't seem to care. Otherwise is comfortable for a short stay.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Shelby24grace
Reviewed 22 July 2012

We Drove From Boston - It Was The Worst Hotel Ever, The Rooms Were Filthy - The Lobby Smelled Really Bad Fan Was Broken In The Bathroom Made The Clerk Change Our Room Because The T.V Screen Was Green And Fuzzy.Micro Was Greasy. Chair Was Stained. Outside Was A Mess . Actually Witnessed Someone Going Into The Room With A Leaf Blower To Clean The Floors ( If You Can Believe THAT ) Could Not Be Refunded Cause Said We Went Through Third Party. Could Not Use Senior Dis. Or AARP. Something Should Be Done Cause My Mother Got Ripped OFF !!!! Have Pics & Video.. 2nd Room Broken Shower !!!

Room Tip: No Room's Are Good
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Lisa R
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I stay here quite a few times, nothing to brag about. Yes it is ran down, with a poor paint job and that's suppose to be new and remodeled. Last two stay I start to itch alot, well dis visit I woke up to find that I was the main course to hell of lot of bed bugs. First time in my life I ever experience something like dis.Plus when I checked in room was nasty, hair in sink and tub, half eaten pizza n fridge, sink leaking foul smelling water. Lol but da bed was made up. Lol ....... NEVER CATCH ME N DAT TRAP AGAIN.... PS STAY AWAY FROM ROOMS 103 AND 106,unless u wanna be a blood donor to da bugs.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Babyboyentzzz
Reviewed 29 May 2012

The Hotel from HELL. I really think the owners wrote the reviews below, this place is beyond gross. We stayed over a holiday weekend and when we saw the place we tried to find somewhere else but because it was a holiday we got stuck in the hotel from hell. It's falling apart, it very dirty and smells like a dump. During the stay we ended up killing countless bugs (including roaches) and when I called the front desk to tell them the room was gross and there were bugs they didn't care. The owners and staff should all be ashamed for this crap hole.

Room Tip: Don't stay in this hell hole.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family