“The Indoor Pool Was Terrible”

Econo Lodge Beaufort
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
“The Indoor Pool Was Terrible”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

On a recent overnight trip to visit relatives I decided to stay at this hotel for their indoor pool. The room was really bad. Dirty carpets. The refrigerator didn't get cold. When I went to take a shower I lifted the shower knob and the entire water fixture lifted up out of the wall. It went back in the wall and I could still take a shower but come on really the made should have caught that problem. Our beds were clean and comfortable. The indoor pool had no lights. The entire room was dark. The water was freezing cold and upon entering it looked dirty so I took the kids back to the room. The hot tub has a sign on it that says permanently closed which was not stated on their website.The other thing is I felt very unsafe staying here. I had people walking back and forth outside of the room all night. There were always cars coming and going and people talking loudly in the walkways

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Staff was very rude, except for manager. Rooms flooded during our 2 night stay. Rooms were comped but still a hassle. Bathrooms were dingy and not very clean. Bed was uncomfortable and noise level was high.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Greeneville, Tennessee
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We have stayed at this motel before and it has progressively gotten worse each time.
We arrived the day after the motel had been " completely booked" due to a military graduation.
Things were bad right off the bat. No internet connection in the room...this is the second stay in a row that this has happened. When we asked to be moved to a room with a connection we were told there were no other rooms. The next morning we went down to the "deluxe continental breakfast" at 7:30 ( it starts at 6:30) to find there was hardly any food !! A few pieces of bread and cereal and oatmeal. The waffle machine was empty and we asked them to refill it. We were told that they were completely out !! Apparently the owner didnt buy enough supplies to accomodate patrons after the graduation crowd. We were also told that he owns the Holiday Inn behind the Econo Lodge and he puts all of his money into that motel !! The staff was very short with us...almost angry....I am assuming that they have to deal with many angry customers....We will never stay here again.....I advise people to pay a few extra dollars and go elsewhere....I will !!

Room Tip: All rooms are the same.....go to a different motel !!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Beaufort hotels

Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Although a bit dated it was nice. Proximity to water front park was perfect. I will defiantly stay there again. Wasn't much of a breakfast though. Indoor pool, refrigerator and microwave in room with pullout sofa made it more relaxing.

• Stayed April 2013
Manassas VA
Reviewed 12 February 2013

It was ok for 1 night. The room was clean and there was plenty of room. The downside was you could hear everything from people walking in the room above you, toilets flushing, doors opening and closing, people talking. Also the bed was hard and uncomfortable. The last working the front desk was pleasant. I did not have time for breakfast, though it was very crowded. A family member said the waffles were good. The location was good and if renovated, would be even better. The pool looked nice- again no time to use it and it was pouring down rain, so getting back to the room would have been a really cold walk

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank traci2316
Wintersville, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 15 September 2012

I was in Beaufort for my sons' Marine Corps graduation. After 20+ years in the military myself, I have seen plenty of cheap and grubby hotels. This Econo Lodge is truly an "all-star" among the filthy, nasty hotels of America. The mold spewing AC would not shut off. (Broken switch!) The toilet ran constantly. The carpet was filthy. The bed was full of sand fleas. The parking lot was full of trash. The free "breakfast" was comical. The "orange juice" was just orange colored water. The pastries were cut into tiny, dried up sections. The "coffee" was just brown water. Yes, the hotel is cheap, and normally, I would say "you get what you pay for." But with this hotel, you get exactly nothing (except a skin rash). Next time, I will pay twice as much to stay in the Hilton. I stayed at the Econo Lodge two nights, and when I got back home, I actually had nightmares about this hotel! Not every hotel can claim to produce PTSD !!! On top of everything else, when I checked out, they told me they couldn't give me a receipt! They have to email it to me. So now, I am wondering if they will try to make additional, unwarranted charges to my credit card. I almost hope they try it. I would love to sue this hotel. Stay tuned!!!

Room Tip: You would do better to sleep in your vehicle!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TimothyJWilliams
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 1 September 2012

DO NOT book at this hotel. We arrived and were told that we had booked a smoking room. DID NOT book. I then asked to see the room. The walk to the room was behind the building basically passing room after room with large old coffee cans with water and cigarette butts in them. Looked VERY "SHADY." I opened the door to the room, and found the odor DISGUSTING. I did not even walk into the room based on that. We left and went up the street and stayed at Hilton Garden Inn.

Room Tip: My tip to you would be DO NOT BOOK. Sleep in your car before sleeping in their room
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family