“Budget Travel”

Econo Lodge Beaufort
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This is basically a budget-friendly way to sleep. The rooms aren't top of the line, but they are mostly clean.

I had one bad experience, the air-conditioning the first room we got didn't work properly. We thought it was fine when we walked in because it was so hot outside that anything seemed to be an improvement. But an hour later the water bottles were sweating and so were we. I was suffering through heat and thinking it was terrible that we only had cable channels 2-13. I went to the front desk and the nice young lady there quickly switched us to another room.

The new room had icy cold air, so cold that we had to turn it down to keep from freezing. The new room had issues as well: the phone didn't work, there was no coffeemaker in the room, there was damage to the wall going into the bathroom that they tried to hide with carpet. But we did have all the cable channels, this room had a converter box and the other one didn't.

The pool was inside, but we didn't end up using it. It's not the Ritz, but it's clean, inexpensive, and they accept pets. Next time I'll book a cottage or something that accepts pets. This wasn't bad for a single night, but I wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask about cable boxes and AC.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
ECONOLODGE414, General Manager at Econo Lodge Beaufort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2015

Dear Guest,

Mehul Vashi
Econologe
843-525-9366

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Rooms are old and run down. Not a big deal. Wifi doesn't work. Not a big deal. TVs are outdated and don't work with digital channels. Not a big deal. YEAH RIGHT! How many analog channels you watched lately? Save your money and get a tent! Place sucks!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank AWminchey

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Econo Lodge.
Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations on your recent visit.I have shared your feedback with my staff to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.
Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Beaufort.
Kind Regards,
Mehul Vashi
Econologe
843-525-9366

Reviewed 27 February 2014

This hotel basically lies about itself on its website. The wifi does not work at all. I was told by front desk they refuse to pay for a new certificate. It made it hell to plan the rest of our trip and book hotels. My husband was all excited for the hot tub after driving 15+ hours through holy hell ice and snow to get here only to find out the hot tub is permanently closed and the pool was over chlorinated and not that warm. The kids swam twice and each time their eyes burned them so bad and swelled up. It was close to Parris Island and took us about 15-20 minutes to get there. There were plenty of places nearby to eat. It was alright for the price. I would not stay here again however.

Room Tip: Back side of hotel a lot quieter than my daughter's room in the front.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Brandy H
Reviewed 29 January 2014

The only reason i didnt give it 5 stars is because the hot tub was closed. Otherwise, it was very good for the money. Its not the Ritz Carlton people. My room was very clean and the staff was more than helpful. They even allowed me an extended check out so my Marine after graduation could come back and change before we flew home. Im not sure what the other bad reviews want for $70 average a night. Its probably competting motels just giving a bad review. Dont believe the hype, this place was clean and close to grocery store and restaurants.There is a firehouse sub shop right in the parking lot. Great subs! Its about a 20 min ride to the Parris Island front gate.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Billy252525
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I WASNT PLEASED WHEN I FOUND OUT THAT I HAD TO STAY AT THIS HOTEL.i was very pleased and shocked when i was gretted by a tall slender african american night audit he got me checked in fast and i loved it the room was great clean and very comfortable i wish all front desk clerks were as nice and accurate as him. when i checked out the front desk was super nice and even called a cab for me i wasnt expecting that kinda service from an econo lodge but i guess thats why you cant judge a book by its cover oh price was nice as well

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 October 2013

On a recent overnight trip to visit relatives I decided to stay at this hotel for their indoor pool. The room was really bad. Dirty carpets. The refrigerator didn't get cold. When I went to take a shower I lifted the shower knob and the entire water fixture lifted up out of the wall. It went back in the wall and I could still take a shower but come on really the made should have caught that problem. Our beds were clean and comfortable. The indoor pool had no lights. The entire room was dark. The water was freezing cold and upon entering it looked dirty so I took the kids back to the room. The hot tub has a sign on it that says permanently closed which was not stated on their website.The other thing is I felt very unsafe staying here. I had people walking back and forth outside of the room all night. There were always cars coming and going and people talking loudly in the walkways

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Staff was very rude, except for manager. Rooms flooded during our 2 night stay. Rooms were comped but still a hassle. Bathrooms were dingy and not very clean. Bed was uncomfortable and noise level was high.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaufort
Quality Inn at Town Center
Ramada Hilton Head
#17 of 28 in Hilton Head
Holiday Inn & Suites Beaufort at Highway 21
Days Inn Port Royal/Near Parris Island

Been to Econo Lodge Beaufort? Share your experiences!