“So Charming!”

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
Alexandria, Virginia
“So Charming!”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Joyce greeted us upon arrival as we walked through the heavenly smelling kitchen. She could not have been more welcoming. This was our first visit to Beaufort and The Rhett House was the perfect spot. Blocks to the center of town and the waterfront. Our room was right off the front foyer so it was very easy to bring in our luggage. Joyce offered us a map and details about walking the town. When we returned from our walk Joyce brought my daughter and I glasses of Champagne and we were able to meet other guests in the front room. In the morning the breakfast was right there in the very pleasant dinning room. The grounds are beautiful. Don't miss staying at this Southern Gem!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Josh G, Front Office Manager at The Rhett House Inn, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Shamus01,

Joyce, Joyce, and Joyce! Obviously Joyces 5 star service left quite the impression during your stay! Your review of the Rhett House Inn was short and sweet with a side of brilliant! You summed it up when you said "The grounds are beautiful. Don't miss staying at this Southern Gem!"

I see that you wrote you had an easy time bringing up your luggage. I would like for you to know for your next trip with us that no matter where your room is or how much luggage you have, we would be more then happy to get you comfortable, serve you some complimentary champagne and carry your belongs for you!

Thank you so much for staying with us, tell your friends!

See you soon,
Josh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
NSW
Reviewed 18 April 2014

If you are planning a road trip that includes Charleston and Savannah, don't forget to add in a day or two in beautiful Beaufort. The Rhett House Inn offers the perfect lodging while in town. Set on a quiet street, only a short walk from the main shops and marina, the Rhett House Inn boasts gorgeous period style accommodation, sumptuous breakfasts, and great service. Joyce and Josh were so welcoming, and offer five star service to their guests. An extra special treat are the pies set out every evening - and the best way to enjoy them is to sit on the beautiful porch on a spring evening like we did. The Rhett House is delightful in every way!

Room Tip: Room number four is on the second level and has easy access to the upstairs porch.
AngieNSW,

WOW! I am so happy that Joyce and I had such an impact that you included us in your spectacular review! I'm glad you enjoyed our location. Being only a short walk away from Bay Street in Downtown Beaufort, our guests enjoy a walk back in time to our beautiful Henry C. Chambers Waterfront Park, and the tastes of Beaufort's restaurants.

I push every staff member of the Rhett House Inn to provide 5 star customer service at all times, and I am very glad to hear how much you enjoyed it.

Thank you and welcome to the family!

York
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here one night while visiting Beaufort on our way up north. From the minute you arrive, the staff makes you feel at home. The B&B is beautiful with so much Southern Charm! We stayed in room #4 on the second floor. The room is beautifully decorated and very clean! The champagne upon arrival is a very nice touch along with the cookies & tea, afternoon appetizers and the desserts served in the kitchen in the evening. We would not hesitate staying here again!

Miskatha,

Hello and welcome to the Rhett House Inn family!

I am so thrilled that you stayed in room 4. Not only because it is one amazing room, but because it is my favorite! From the moment you walk into the Rhett House Inn, you are taken back to another time, greeted with complimentary champagne and ushered to a spectacular room. What could be better!

Being Beaufort's only AAA 4 Diamond Inn, we pride ourselves on being the best. Everything about the Rhett House Inn, from our magnificent gardens to our well trained staff will keep Beaufort dear to your heart for many trips to come (take it from me, I came down here from NY and never went back).

Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to seeing you in the near future!

Saint Simons Island, Georgia
Reviewed 14 April 2014

From the moment we went in the back door into the kitchen I was hooked. The wonderful smells and the amazing staff swept you away and made you fell like you just stepped back in time. I have never done a review, that is how much I loved this place. I had to share so no one would miss the chance to stay here!
We stayed in a cottage and the room was perfect all the way down to our screen door and porch with two rockers. The linens were top quality and so clean and fresh. Beautiful and spacious.
I want to thank everyone for the amazing service and the food! From breakfast on the porch to cookies in the afternoon to the cheese and meats and the after dinner desserts ( I had all three) in the kitchen, all were amazing!
Anyone who has the chance has to stay here! You will be not want to leave!
Don't forget a bike ride! Also The Sanctuary Club!
We will return in the fall for sure:) Thank you!

Room Tip: We stayed in a cottage, room 11. It is their pet friendly room. Ground floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Hbeachdog,

From all of us here, thank you for your fantastic review! Here at the Rhett House Inn our plan for every guest that walks threw the door is to give them a true southern experience. From our delicious homemade southern breakfast, to our delectable homemade desserts, we try to keep you guessing as to what our AAA 4 diamond inn can do next!

Thank you so much for staying with us and we cannot wait to welcome you back!

Josh
Woodinville, Washington
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Very relaxing and comfortable! Felt right at home from the moment we checked in. What hotel greets you with a glass of champagne on arrival?
You get very spoiled with the delicious sweet treats and tea in the early afternoon, the
hor d'oeuvres served before the dinner hour, and then the most amazing homemade pies when you come back from eating out.
And the breakfasts are amazing! Their cook, bless her heart, is one gifted lady!

DebbieKelly24,

Your review title says it all! I came down here from New York several years ago and I decided to do just that, live here! I love the amenities that we offer for our guests, and the fact that our staff is constantly going above and beyond. When you stay with us at The Rhett House Inn, Beaufort's only AAA 4 Diamond Inn, not only will you see this beautiful city from a different perspective, but you will feel like royalty doing so. Now onto breakfast! I see you had nothing but great things to say! Our cook Beverly is great at what she does and prides herself on her southern grits( her secret recipe)

Thank you for choosing us when making your getaway plans, and I know we will see you again!

Boston
Reviewed 6 April 2014

My wife and I have just spent an extremely enjoyable 3 nights at the Rhett House Inn.We have stayed there there several times in the past but our last stay was about 6 years ago.Overall everything was as good as we had remembered.Great Breakfasts with several choices including eggs, pancakes,French toast. The serving staff at Breakfast was particularly helpful and friendly..The rest of the staff was also very helpful and friendly but we had more contact with the staff at breakfast. There is tea and lemonade and homemade cookies from Noon to 5 PM. And from 7-9 PM a choice each evening of several delicious homemade desserts such as cake and pies.
I had emailed the staff prior to our arrival regarding a problem We had in booking a tour and they promptly resolved the issue and we enjoyed a great tour of the Gullah..
Regarding the state of the building it is an older building but overall in good condition and work was being done there on our recent stay.
We stayed in Room 9 where we have stayed in the past and enjoy it for its location ,private entrance and private sitting area outside the room.
Overall we truly enjoyed our stay and will definitely return.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank trot7
Trot7,

Thank you for leaving a fantastic review! I would first like to apologize for the scaffolding that was erected during your stay. Being almost 200 years old, we put in a lot of time and effort into preserving this beautiful home and I am very happy that you noticed! I am glad you brought up breakfast! We recently added multiple items to our menu, and are glad you thoroughly enjoyed that southern treat! Being Beaufort's only AAA 4 Diamond Inn, we try to set the bar as high as possible so that we have guests like you who always come back to us!

Thank you and I look forward to seeing you soon!

Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 March 2014

You feel like Scarlett in Rhett's house...from the curved stairs leading to the veranda, entering the well appointed, gracious main floors, and arriving at a large and beautifully decorated guest room. The hosts could not have been more gracious. Champagne appears on arrival, iced tea, lemonade and cookies are offered in the afternoon, and decadent desserts in the evening. There are bikes and beautiful gardens. All of which more than make up for the smallest, but clean and functional, bathroom I have ever seen.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Diana H,

Hello and thank you for staying with us! It was our pleasure to treat you like the royalty you are during your stay with us. I am thrilled to hear that you took part in all our amazing amenities, and even happier that you enjoyed everything!

I hope you will stop in and say hi if you every find yourself back in the enchanted city of Beaufort South Carolina!