“Pretty Neat”

Breeden Inn Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed 16 November 2012

This was the last stop on our road trip through Georgia and South Carolina. A bit pricier than we usually spend for lodging, I booked the "hunter's retreat" for my wife's birthday present because I thought she would really like it. She did and here is her review.

The Inn is a lovely old southern mansion, extremely well kept up and full of beautiful antiques. The gardens are beautiful and everything about the place is serene. The bed in our room was so high we had to use step stools to climb up into the bed. I felt like royalty sleeping in the tall antique bed. The bathroom for our room was private to our room although it was aross the hall but bathrobes are provided in the room so we had something to throw over our pajamas to walk to the bathroom. I absolutely loved the special body wash, soap, shampoo and conditioner that the Inn has made for them, all made with natural ingredients. The owners of the Inn even provide complimentary soda, snacks, bottled water,coffee and tea and this was all in the hallway by our room. There is a fridge and microwave for guest use, a coffee maker and cups, even a corkscrew. It seems that Bonnie and Wesley, the owners, have thought of everything that their guests might want to use while staying there. The breakfast was absolutely delicious and it was just the right amount of food. Bonnie visited with us during our breakfast and she is a delightful hostess. Wesley was at work but made a special trip home to greet us while we were eating breakfast. I thoroughly enjoyed the southern hospitality of the Breeden Inn and would highly recommend it to anyone who is thinking of staying there.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
welcome, Owner at Breeden Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2012

We enjoyed hosting you both and Thank You for your kind remarks. When time allows, breakfast conversation is a highlight of our day. It was fun serving and sharing with you during your stay here at our Inn! Wishing you many more memorable adventures as you travel through the states together! Thank You for choosing Breeden Inn to celebrate your special occasions.

There are newer reviews for Breeden Inn Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 4 September 2012

We recently stayed in Bennettsville, S.C. for a family wedding. In looking for places to stay, we were disappointed by the limited selection of decent hotels. Therefore, we were encouraged to stay at the Breeden Inn by a family member. This was the best advice we could have asked for. Bonnie, her husband, and son, are extremely hospitable and keep this charming inn in tip-top shape. The rooms were beautifully decorated and very clean. The breakfast each morning was fantastic. It's such a beautiful, charming place to stay, and I encourage anyone staying in Bennettsville or passing through to check it out. Our stay at the Breeden Inn has encouraged us to opt for bed and breakfasts more in the future.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank SWT09
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I had an awesome stay at the Breeden Inn. This is a must stop bed and breakfast.
Check out the review I put together on Globetrekkin

Room Tip: You can't go wrong. I stayed in the Carriage House.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank BoBissett
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I traveled to Bennettsville, SC for business, so I decided to stay at the Breeden Inn instead of a local hotel.  Boy am I glad I did.  The rooms are very nice and exceptionally clean.  It's one of the very few places I've stayed where it was ok to walk around barefoot; just like being at home.  The breakfast was incredible and the price can't be beat.  Do yourself a favor, stay here when traveling on business or for pleasure.

Room Tip: all rooms are good!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Jeffrey B
Reviewed 7 December 2011

My wife and I stayed here one night of our honeymoon on our way to Charlotte to fly to the Caribbean, and we were very pleasantly surprised. Our room (The Manor) was very impressive. The bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in. I've spent a lot of time in nice hotels in NYC, Boston, San Fran, etc., but this Bennettsville B&B was one the nicest places I've stayed.

Also, the breakfast was delicious. The owner (I can't remember his name) fixed us plates to go, and it was superb.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jay S
Reviewed 26 October 2010

I was in town in early October on business. We usually stay in chain hotels, but since Bennettsville is such a small town with limited accomodations we were fortunate enough to stay here. There were 3 of us traveling, and we were placed in the 3 bedroom "Retreat on Main" house! Beautiful! We were served a delicious breakfast each morning and were able to talk with both Bonnie and Wes. The last night we were in town the downtown development authority hosted a wine and cheese party in the main house. We were invited to attend and had a great time socializing and meeting some of the locals! If I'm ever in the area again, this will be the only place I will consider staying!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank SCLMMM
welcome, Owner at Breeden Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2010

We enjoyed having your group here at the Inn! You represent those who enrich our lives on a daily basis. It was a privilege to host you during both weeks and we look forward to future visits.
Thank you for choosing Breeden Inn Bed & Breakfast and for your kind words!
Wesley & Bonnie

Reviewed 31 March 2010

I booked 2 rooms for one night in May 2010 (approx. $270), received my AMEX bill and was surprised to see a charge for $600!
I called Breeden Inn to get the mistake fixed and was rudely told that there's a two-night minimum and, in 20 years, they had never heard of a one-night stay! Well Bonnie, that would've been nice to know, either on your website or when I spoke to you on the telephone!
Now they are trying to keep a $25 cancellation fee for two rooms ($50), even though it was due to either their ineptitude (which I doubt after 20 years in business) or their sneaky deception. Either way, I'm disputing that transaction.
Dishonesty makes me livid.

• Stayed: March 2010
2  Thank CMLMADDOG
welcome, Owner at Breeden Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2010

This reservation was for Darlington race weekend.We do not increase our rates for that weekend but we do have a two night minimum stay for that weekend and require pre-payment.This has been our policy for 21 years."Maddog" requested 2 rooms for 2 nights by email, of which we have a copy. In response to his email request for reservation information,I spoke with him twice by phone.Dates reserved were verbally repeated to him and room rates were discussed. He was informed of our two day minimum stay policy, as were all guests reserving for that weekend. After we ran charges through,he phoned to say they "could only stay 1 night".I again explained our two night minimum policy for that weekend and asked if he would like to cancel his reservations, to which he replied, "yes".We canceled his stay & refunded the entire amount he was charged.We're sorry "Maddog" appears confused about his own request for a two room, two night stay.When his plans changed,he expected us to change our policy.We have few dates when we require a minimum stay.Darlington weekend is one of them.We were very gracious in not adhering "Maddog" to our cancellation policy.Additional information regarding our cancellation policies is clearly on our website under Special Packages/Darlington Race, as well as under Reservation Information. The accusations by "Maddog" are simply unfounded.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bennettsville
Quality Inn
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 5 in Laurinburg
Abingdon Manor Inn and Restaurant

Been to Breeden Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!