“Acceptable for one short night...” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Bishopville
Hampton, Virginia
“Acceptable for one short night...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

This hotel is nothing fancy by any means, but Bishopville in general is a very bare.

The room was beat-up, but clean. The shower had great water pressure and hot water but did not drain well...or at all. The quickest on-off-on-off shower ever. It only took about 2 minutes for it to already be mid-calf...gross. Our toilet also didn't work without having to take the back off and do it manually. I was also upset that they didn't provide conditioner; I normally bring my own, but I figured for one night I'd make due with the hotels...Nope!

The front desk service seemed friendly for the brief second I was around.

Overall, acceptable for a single nights rest.

Room Tip: Don't stay in 106.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jamie G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Rotterdam, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel while traveling from Florida to New York. We basically just needed a place to sleep for a few hours to break up the ride. I feel that the pictures of the rooms on trip advisor are misleading. Our room was in a decrepit state, there was water damage in the bathroom ceiling tiles, as well as paint peeling off of the crown molding right above the bed. One aspect I am not happy about, and I'm not sure if this is the fault of the hotel, or of trip advisor, is that this hotel is advertised as being pet friendly on trip advisor. Considering we were traveling with our dog, this was important to us. However, after we reserved the room over the phone, upon check-in there was a huge sign in the "lobby," stating "no pets please." This was immediately alarming to my husband and I, because we had already made the non-refundable reservation. After smuggling our 30lb dog into our room and praying that nobody noticed us, needless to say we were incredibly stressed, and neither of us got the sleep we were looking for. Moreover, the staff that greeted us was less than friendly. We originally requested a non-smoking room and were first put in a smoking room that we had to change. We also requested a king bed, but were given a double room, but I didn't complain, I was so tired I just wanted to sleep. The bathroom was clean, shower was shining clean, and the towels, albiet tiny, were clean and absorbent. It was fine for a 5 hour sleep but I would not want to spend any more time than that, and I would never go back.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank shell421
Kanti P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Dear Shell421,

On behalf of the staff and management of Americas Best Value Inn, I would like to personally apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. Thank you for bringing the pet issues to my attention. As a matter of policy, we have recently decided to no longer accept pets. I am sorry that you were not informed of these changes. I have taken the appropriate actions to have the information updated on the various websites. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. We hope that you stay with us again or at another one of our Americas Best Value Inns located across the Country.

Americas Best Value Inn-Bishopville, SC

Travellers are raving about these Bishopville hotels

MILNER
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

Called at 9pm thinking this was an extended stay facility, they said that 1 night stays were ok and we checked in at 9:21. Bed is comfy, room was clean. It should be your choice if you are staying in Bishopville and want a good value

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank shereen_w
Kanti P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 26 September 2012
Dear Shereen_w,

I appreciate the fact that you took time out of your schedule to post a review with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed our clean rooms and comfy beds. If you should return to the area, we would love to have you as our guest.

Cocoa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

We started Dec 23, 24 and 25. It was clean and nice. Please start using fitted bottom sheets. We had a problem keep the bottom sheet on. Plug in the frig ahead of us coming next time please. Things we pretty good for a 2 star. We would stay there again with out a problem

Room Tip: Might bring your own sheets. Everything was clean but didn't fit
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Kathy H
Dear Kathy H,

Thank you for sharing an opinion with us. I appreciate your suggestions. We do have fitted sheets on our king beds at this time. We hope that you stay with us again in the future.

Americas Best Value Inn-Bishopville, SC
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bishopville
#4 of 4 in Hartsville
Baymont Inn & Suites Florence
The Landmark Inn
The Landmark Inn
#3 of 4 in Hartsville
Red Roof Inn Florence - Civic Center
Hampton Inn and Suites - Hartsville
#9 of 19 in Sumter

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!