“Excellent place to stay!”

Candlewood Suites Bluffton-Hilton Head
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Bluffton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta ga
“Excellent place to stay!”
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Very convenient if you are attending a Graduation at Parris Island. The drive was so easy, no congestion on the roads leading to the Island. The hotel was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. Lots of places to eat with in a short drive. Of course if you chose not to cook in your room. They have an excellent rate for people attending a Graduation at Parris Island. If ever in the area again I would definitely stay here.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank 27gator
BeautifulBluffton, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Bluffton-Hilton Head, responded to this review, 20 September 2011
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments!! We cannot wait for you to come back and visit us!! Upon myself and the rest of the staf, we are so excited you had such a wonderful stay! We love to hear about that!!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Hurricane, West Virginia
Reviewed 24 August 2011

The hotel was clean and comfortable, very quiet. Darla at the front desk was very helpful with all my question about the area she was so much help. We had young children during our visit and they had a wonderful time the location of the hotel is great. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Suzette72
BeautifulBluffton, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Bluffton-Hilton Head, responded to this review, 6 September 2011
Thank you so much for your review! We take alot of pride in our staff and always look forward to getting great feedback about them! We hope that you will come back and visit soon and are so glad that you enjoyed your stay!!

Lauren Mancuso
Director of Sales
Nipomo, California
Reviewed 22 August 2011

This hotel was clean and has a friendly staff. When asked, they pointed out the dining in the area. Plenty of parking and the bed was comfortable. The hotel is almost new, and the furnishings are far superior to most motels. Lots of granite in the bathroom and kitchenette. Nice TV and even the cairs were very good.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Grognard
BeautifulBluffton, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Bluffton-Hilton Head, responded to this review, 23 August 2011
Thank you for your response. We are very proud of the upscale additions to our room and find that these additions make us very unique to the area. Please come back and see us anytime! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay!
Lancaster, South Carolina
Reviewed 12 August 2011

I would like to start with the molded shower curtain in my bathroom. I didn't notice until the end of my shower. I called the front desk and the young man said, if you will bring it down to me, this was around 8pm at night, following my shower, he would exchange it at the front desk! Well, I figured I would like to shower again in the same room, so I complied. Next I went to eat a snack with a fork in the kitchen drawer. It had food still on it from the last use! I went to use the yellow dish liquid and wash it by hand so I could use it. I reached for a paper towel above the sink and the whole roll fell into the water and sink where I was trying to clean the fork! They use the cheapest paper towel holder that could be bought, so the roll of towels was ruined and so was my patience at this point. If you stay here, please make sure you are prepared to carry your own heavy, wet towels down each day when you need new ones. Otherwise, you only get housekeeping once a week! It is pretty shameful the rate they charge and the amenities not provided. Oh and you have to empty your own garbage each day!!! For $15 more a night, I could have stayed at the Hampton Inn next door and would have been well worth it to me.

Room Tip: Bring your own towels and plasticware to use, oh, and $10 to buy breakfast somewhere.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank KateC48
BeautifulBluffton, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Bluffton-Hilton Head, responded to this review, 15 August 2011
Kate,
Upon myself, and the rest of the hotel staff, we apologize for the predicament you found yourself in during our stay. We take pride in the cleanliness of our hotel, and have sought out the best housekeeping staff in the area. We advise that when you run into issues in your room that you alert guest services immediantly so that we can take care of the problem, or move you to an upgraded room due to your inconveinces immediantly. Unfortunately if we do not know of the issues at the time, we cannot fix them as they occur. As a Candlewood Suites Brand Standard, we do not offer daily housekeeping, nor a full breakfast in the morning as we are an extended stay facility. An explanation of these amenities can be found on our website, as well as in an insert that is placed in every key holder upon checkin, where the guest services representatives are also responsible for alerting you to our unique system.
We do sincerely apologize for the mishaps during your stay and hope that you will come back to visit the beautiful lowcountry and allow us to show you just how wonderful and hospitable the Candlewood Suites really is. As you can see from previous reviews, we really take pride in the satisfaction of our guests.

Lauren
Director of Sales
Ormond Beach
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We needed a place to stay for our trip to Hilton Head for one evening. We happened to stumble upon this listing and called for availability (we were 30 minutes away) as we could find no place to stay. The front desk person was clearly extremely busy fielding other calls and guests and still TOOK time to speak with us and handle our reservation - all with ease and politeness. Upon check in we found so many wonderful amenities and such a wonderful place with a full kitchen. We had a comfortable sleep and were able to do laundry - all we needed was our detergent - as the machines were free. We were able todo laundry and work out at the same time as they are side by side - extremeley convenient! The pool was clean, and we had a great stay. Clean and comfy with all you for a one night or week end or week long stay! The rooms were sound proof from the hallways and we highly recommend. It was also close and convenient to the beach but at a highly reduced fee.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Pawleys Island, Sc
Reviewed 9 August 2011

The suite was designed to give us everything we needed. The linens were especially nice -- we loved the towels, which were unusually luxurious given the affordability of our suite. But the high point of our trip was "Lorraine" on the front desk the morning of Aug 7. We had so many questions -- both in person and via phone -- and she answered every one kindly. She was the kind of person you hope to run into when you are staying in an unfamiliar place. We tried to tip her as we left but she declined our offer, saying "it was my pleasure just to help you." Because of our experience with Lorraine, we'll be back the next time we have business in the Okatie area.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 8 July 2011

Lisa at the Front Desk was extremely helpful in helping me get my room situated for the two nights I stayed. The hotel is kept clean and it is in a great location if you want to be near Hilton Head Island. I wanted to stay at a Marriott but the customer service at Candlewood Suites was just what I was looking for. Keep it up, Lisa!

Room Tip: If you have no preferences, just ask for the best rate
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
BeautifulBluffton, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Bluffton-Hilton Head, responded to this review, 11 July 2011
Diana,
Thank you so much for your review. Lisa is a great asset to our hotel and we are so glad you were able to experience her wonderful customer service!
I know you are loyal to Marriot but I would love to introduce you to our Priority Club Loyalty program so you can start earning points at our wonderful hotels all over the world. Please email me at Lmancuso@chrco.com if you would like more information!
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back soon!!

Lauren
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bluffton
Comfort Suites Bluffton
#18 of 28 in Hilton Head
Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head
Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head
#15 of 28 in Hilton Head

Been to Candlewood Suites Bluffton-Hilton Head? Share your experiences!