“Enjoyed our visit”

Candlewood Suites Bluffton-Hilton Head
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Bluffton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Our recent visit to the Bluffton-Hilton Head area to visit our son & his family was made even more pleasant by our stay at the Candlewood Suites. Very clean with an extremely friendly staff, our 9 day stay was great. Plenty of nearby restaurants, a Walgreens & Food Lion very close for anything we may have forgotten to bring. The room wasn't large, but plenty of space for the two of us, with a very spacious bathroom. I have only one minor complaint - the tissues were terrible! I went to Walgreens & bought a box of Kleenex because the tissues provided by the hotel felt like sandpaper. I loved having fresh coffee available 24/7 and the "cupboard" provided any snacks if we got hungry. We will definitely stay there the next time we visit our son.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Marcel B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Bluffton-Hilton Head, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Thank you very much for your 5 star review deergal!

Very nice to hear you were able to experience all our amenities during your nine day stay. That's what Candlewood Suites are all about. Especially pleased to hear you loved our service and cleanliness. I can understand about our tissues, I would prefer Puffs Plus myself if I stayed here.

We look forward to seeing you again and safe travels!

Reviewed 12 March 2014

We only stayed one night as we were in town only for the weekend for a half marathon. Check in was quick and easy, room was surprisingly nice. Very clean and spacious. Bathroom was a very nice size and large enough such that you didn't have to move out of the way to close the door like you have to in other hotels. We has a little kitchen which was very convenient. Bed was comfortable - queen sized. The chair was more like a leather easy chair and was very comfortable, Only thing I really didn't like was the bathroom tub surround...very plastic-y and cheap-y looking. Creaked when moving around in it. The staff was extremely pleasant. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 335debraz
Marcel B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Bluffton-Hilton Head, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Thank you for your comments Debra Z!

We are very pleased you enjoyed the majority of our hotel.

We look forward to seeing you again where we hope to give you a stay that is worthy of 5 stars.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I was clearing out my mother;s home in Sun City and this is a very affordable choice. The suites include a full-sized fridge, stove, microwave and dishwasher. Really convenient for families visiting relatives in Sun City. Also walking distance to two restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Bryon C, Manager at Candlewood Suites Bluffton-Hilton Head, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thanks for your wonderful review, vlbvoyager!! We are always happy to accommodate our Sun City neighbors, as well as their family and friends that come to visit them! I hope that you were able to take advantage of the special rates that we extend to Sun City residents and visitors. Should you find yourself in the Bluffton-Hilton Head area in the near future, we hope you will visit us again and allow us to make you feel at home. Thanks again and have a wonderful afternoon!

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I spent two nights here in a golf outing and I was very surprised about this hotel. Normally on these golf packages the hotels are scary but not this time. I had never stayed at a Candlewood hotel because I am a Hilton man but after this trip I may change my mind. The hotel was super clean and the bed was comfortable. Other than some of the really high end hotels this place had the best soft towels. The hotel was also not noisy which surprised me since its pet friendly. My room also didn't smell like animals.

The only thing that I wish they would have done is cleaned our room each day. It's nice to come back to a made bed. This wouldn't stop me from staying here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for the wonderful review, kidflemingo!! We are thrilled to hear of your most recent experience here at Candlewood Suites Bluffton. I hope you were well-rested and able to play well during your golf outing here in Bluffton. We are very fortunate to be surrounded by some of the most beautiful golf courses in the country, as well as to be situated away from any highway noise and in such a safe business park for our guests enjoyment. As for your comment about the housekeeping service, we are an extended-stay hotel and by limiting housekeeping service to once a week, we are able to extend the fantastic rates that our guests enjoy when visiting our property. I hope that you took advantage of the fresh towels and toiletries that we have available 24/7 at the front desk, should you have needed them. Thanks again, and we look forward to having you as our guest again soon! Safe travels!

Reviewed 1 March 2014

My company had our lodging fall threw at the last minute when we were set to work for several weeks in bluffton. I called around and spoke with Ronda at the front desk. She was very helpful with my dilemma and went above and beyond to help me house my team. We had packages delivered to us with needed paperwork and contracts. As soon as they arrived she had them brought to us at our rooms. It's rare today to find people that treat customers as if it was their own business but I definitely felt that here. The rooms were nice and spacious with kitchens for guys to buy their own food. Beds were soft. I would return for sure and recommend this establishment.

• Stayed: February 2014

Thank you very much for your glowing review, Thom6831! Our team works extremely hard to ensure that our guests are greeted with only the warmest of hospitality when they come to visit our property. We empower all of our team members to do whatever they feel is necessary to make our guests feel at home while visiting the area and staying with us at Candlewood Suites. I will certainly pass your kind comments along to Rhonda and the rest of our team. We look forward to having you as our guest again very soon! Thanks again and safe travels!

Reviewed 18 February 2014

No One can find a better place to stay while visiting Bluffton-Hilton Head! My stay was superb/the suite was excellant & the hotel personnel were the best!!! I will definitely stay there again on my next visit.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor so you don't hear rooms above. Reserve a Queen Suite & they maybe upg...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Marcel B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Bluffton-Hilton Head, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Thank you for your 5 Star review Don R!

We couldn't have asked for a more raving review, but we are especially happy you enjoyed our hotel and thought of us so much you look forward to coming back.

Thank you and hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

This was our first stay at a Candlewood. We chose it because of price and on our line of travel. It was new, maybe a year old. Building was very nicely layed out, lobby was clean and looked great. Out room was clean, comfortable and quiet. It had a refrigator, small cooking area, wired internet. There was also a laundry area to wash clothes for free that we used. Coffee upon arrival. They is no breakfast in the morning but there is a resturant within walking distance. Staff friendly and helpful with directions. It was a nice stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank daylate
Marcel B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Bluffton-Hilton Head, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thank you for your 5 Star review daylate!

We're very happy you chose to stay with us for your first Candlewood experience. I'm especially pleased you found our hotel clean and our staff pleasant.

We look forward to seeing you again in your travels back to this area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bluffton
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton,  Bluffton-Sun City
Beach House, A Holiday Inn Resort
Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head
Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head
#15 of 28 in Hilton Head

Been to Candlewood Suites Bluffton-Hilton Head? Share your experiences!