“I will never stay there again”

Candlewood Suites Bluffton-Hilton Head
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Bluffton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Charlotte, North Carolina
“I will never stay there again”
Reviewed 10 August 2010

Brand new hotel in great loaction but customer service is horrible. My wife left her cell phone charger there and we called them within 2 hours about it.. Then called every 2 days for the next week and even stopped back by a week later. Each time, a manager insured us they would check for us and then call us back. Never heard a word from them. Now, I understand that they are not responsible for items left behind but they could have at least looked for us. Obviously they didn't or they would have called us back. Either someone on the staff stole it or threw it away or the next guest in that room inheritated it. Then again, it could still be plugged into the wall!

I contacted customer ralations and they emaild me to say that the property manager would contact me via email within 48 hours. That was 12 days ago and I have not hear a word so I called customer relations today. They also showed a complete disregard for the situation.

DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gromoe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
N.Carolina
Reviewed 5 July 2010

I will never go to this hotel again! Over charged my credit card twice after booking/paying through Expedia.com, gave me a hard time when trying to give me back my funds. None of the staff seems to know how to run the computer system when they input your credit card into their system. The only woman that helped us with our issue was Linda (a red head woman) while the girl Cortney is the one who messed up my check in and brushed my credit card issue to the side like it was not her problem. On top of that, staff member had her kids running all around the hotel making noises, hogging the pool and using all the hotel amenities leaving hotel customers not wanting to use pool amenities. The kids were also in the hotel parking lot setting off fireworks and causing many hotel customers to be upset about their car's well-being. A customer complained about the issue to the mother of the kids (the staff member) and all she told them to do was move to another section of the parking lot. I will never go to this hotel ever again!!!!! Save your time and money, go to another hotel. Sure it's brand new but the staff is very inexperienced, charges things on your card and does not know how to fix it

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank germaineandtabby
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 28 June 2010

This was my first time at this hotel and a Candlewood Suites. The hotel opened the week I stayed there, so everything was fresh and new. It would definitely be good for someone who was in town for a few days, the rooms have full kitchens. It will need a little bit of time to get on its feet, but should be smooth sailing from there. The only problem was a lack of hot water.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TRBatlga
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bluffton
Comfort Suites Bluffton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hilton Head Island Bluffton
Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head
Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head
#15 of 28 in Hilton Head

Been to Candlewood Suites Bluffton-Hilton Head? Share your experiences!