“an otherwise pleasant experience”

Suburban Extended Stay Hilton Head
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Bluffton
Bluffton, South Carolina
“an otherwise pleasant experience”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

for $900 a month a very good bargain. however the last few days of my stay it was discovered that my room was messy. on October eighth they locked me out of my room, when I returned from work at about 12 a.m. I called the emergency hotline to have someone let me back in they did and told me that my room is a mess and that's why I was locked out I thought this was very strange where most hotels would've have housekeeping clean it and assess an extra cleaning fee. then on October 9th my room was okay apparently I came in I left for work came back without any problems. but on the 10th the last night of my stay I was locked out again without any kind of notification not even a phone call or text message. I find this policy very strange and even juvenile that they're punishing me for having a messy room or whatever the case maybe at this point I just know I'm locked out and not sure where I'm going to sleep tonight. especially since this is a hotel, if the room is especially messy have house keeping clean it and charge of cleaning fee.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank stephen138

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Charlotte
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Since this is a pretty bare bones hotel, I will keep my review bare bones as well. The hallway to my room smelled like stale McDonald's burgers - the entire long hallway. I was greeted at my room with a putrid smell that is impossible to describe. I set a few things down on the table and roaches came running out. Roaches were also in the bathroom. The bed was uncomfortable, the pillows were like lumpy rocks and the TV remote did not work. Later I saw roaches on the walls in the corridor. The shower was very large but there was very little water pressure. This was my first stay at a Suburban Extended Stay Hotel and I can assure you that it will be my last. Avoid this property.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Frank A
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

My wife and two kids stayed at this hotel for two months while our house was being built. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Rooms were spaciousness and clean. We were so happy to have a kitchen in the room this saved us so much money, not having to eat out every night. They had the best prices in town we did the monthly rental this was not only affordable it was cheaper then doing a short term lease elsewhere. Now that we are all settled in we send all of out out of town visitors to the Suburban and they have all enjoyed it.

• Stayed August 2013
Madison, OH
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Our first stay here was so good, we are planning a second one in 2 months. ( reservations already made!!). The accommodations were nice, our room was spacious and this place is Pet Friendly.
( we had 2 small dogs last time...only one will be with us this time ). the Suburban Extended Stay is VERY CENTRALLY located to nearly all you would want to visit in this area! plus many shopping areas nearby (if you get bored..). The thing that stood out in our minds was the courteousness and helpful nature of the staff! Every one of them we came across was eager to please us. maybe you don't have candy put on your bed or daily housekeeping, but what you get for the reasonable price is excellent! We stayed in Beaufort (pet friendly ) a time before this..and although nice, we were VERY CRAMPED! You have to remember, you get a Fridge/Freezer, Stove, Microwave, Sink Coffeemaker, Dishes,glasses, utensils and plenty of storage in this efficiency . We had the King Size Bed suite and there was still plenty of room for us to walk around. Pne would never know it allowed pets as they o ly permit smaller pets and each room is professionally cleaned before a new person uses it. This place comes HIGHLY RECOMMENDED by these two + pet Travelers from N.E. Ohio. We have Good Friends living in Bluffton, so we plan to stay here often, 5 stars from us......give it a try if you want to be centrally located to activities and want to save money to spend on your entertainment...Then THIS is the place to try.

Room Tip: If possible, perhaps you can request the room of your choice..wheelchair accessible is VERY large...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Starkeeper101
Slocomb, Alabama
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I was very pleased with this hotel in Bluffton, SC. My daughter and I where there for the Dixie Softball Traditional Ponytails World Series in Bluffton. Normally, I am a person who believes in you get what you pay for but I really was surprised by this hotel. The rooms and property were well maintained for an extended stay hotel. The front desk clerk was very helpful, courteous, and knowledgeable of the the area. The only downside for this hotel would be the lobby, hallways, and elevators were very warm and not cool. Overall, I would definitely return to this property and highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: The longer you stay, the cheaper the rate.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 6 August 2013

DO NOT STAY THERE! Consider yourself WARNED!!! Only book a room in this roach infested hotel if the homeless man under the I-95 bridge won't allow you to sleep next to him. Old, rusty appliances...towels that were once WHITE are now GRAY with strings pulled from them. My wife had to go buy sheets at Marshall's in order to cover that stained/nasty blue couch in the room so the kids won't lay on it. The pillows were thoroughly beat up. The room had a musty smell that was only amplified once the A/C was turned on. People having loud conversations in the parking lot and hallways at 3:00 am.

PROS: Running water, Electricity.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank John B
Zebulon, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2013

This hotel is in an excellent location and an excellent value. My wife and I stayed there 5 nights this summer for our first visit to the Hilton Head area and were extremely pleased. You have to remember folks that you get what you pay for. We cannot afford to stay at expensive resorts and so forth but frankly to us the kind of amenities offered at those places are not important nor worth the money. We were quite happy with how quiet the location was, the pool while yes it is a little small was never over-crowded while we were there and most of the time we were the only ones in it which is incredible being its the middle of summer. Yes it did appear that there are some people who live there long term but they didn't bother me, nor I bother them. I don't judge people for how they look or the clothes they were and I really dont care what they do as long as they dont bother me. The front office exchanged towels for us every day whenever we took our old ones up there and even accommodated me with an extra pillow when I asked. The staff could not have been nicer. On a side note when we arrived at our room we did notice a couple of ants on the bar - nothing major by far as a couple other reviews stated but I put bug spray down in our room the first day we got there - as I have done in a lot of places as a precautionary measure and we never saw another bug the rest of our time there. I wont hold that against the hotel because again, that could happen anywhere and it wasnt that big of a deal to me. Overall we were very happy with the place and on our next trip to the area will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bluffton
Comfort Suites Bluffton
Ramada Hilton Head
Ramada Hilton Head
#18 of 28 in Hilton Head
Candlewood Suites Bluffton-Hilton Head

Been to Suburban Extended Stay Hilton Head? Share your experiences!