“Home away from home”

Suburban Extended Stay Hilton Head
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Bluffton
“Home away from home”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The Surburban Lodge at Hilton Head remains my home away from home. And sometimes just my home. Each and every staff member has at one time or another went out of their way for my family. Add to this great service their great rates and you have an amazing value. Something is always going on from a chili cook off to fun pictures to just laying around the very well-maintained pool. Then it is business as usual during the week with free wifi to assist you with your work. Also the on-site laundry and fully stocked vending really help out. My room has a kitchen fully equipped with pots, pan,dishes and cutlery. Combined with a nice size fridge and a stove and you really can save a lot of money and prepare fresh food daily. Housekeeping goes the extra mile and even makes up our bed with all my wife's stuffed animals back in place. Only minutes from the beach it really is an all around functional extended-stay.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank bobby t
HiltonHeadGM, Guest Relations Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hilton Head, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you for the kind words. We're glad you enjoy your stay and consider us your home away from home. We like to make sure that we have different events throughout the year and we are glad that you were able to enjoy the chili cook-off, Movie by the pool and most recent photo booth. We hope that you will keep considering us your home away from home for all of your future needs in the Hilton Head/ Bluffton area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The staff did not take care of any of our issues, internet was down 36 hours and the ants....................yikes were all over the place in our room and roaches. The place was filthy in the halls and the cleaning staff were suspect. This place is for people who need a roof over their head, warm and that's it.
WOULD NOT RECOMMEND and NEVER STAY AGAIN

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank bruce4920
HiltonHeadGM, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hilton Head, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for your comments. While you were here we would have hoped that you would have brought these concerns to the attention of management. Please feel free to call us and we can discuss your stay.
Reviewed 4 April 2014

The most disgusting place I have ever seen. Roaches crawling out of the sink in droves and crawling into the bed. We had 5 rooms checked in at 10:30 pm vacated at 12:30 am. Couldn't stay there, will never stay there again, wouldn't send my worst enemy there. Totally disgusted and was willing to sleep in the car. Luckily we found rooms elsewhere. Came home to only have to visit doctor to find out the skin bumps are bed bug bites. Yuck yuck yuck! This place needs to be destroyed.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Traveler92366
Reviewed 28 March 2014

The rooms were roach infested and reeked of stale water damage. The General Manager literally screamed and threatened three of my sons and a new friend, ages 11-12, right in front of me. When I called him why would he ever speak to another persons child he turned his rage on me and started swearing at me. We of course demanded a full refund and left. This place is like living in a white-trash trailer park. Save your money go on over to the island.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Shocked9925
Thank you for your response. As the General Manager of the property, I would like to explain to those reading this guest comment that your children were running through our halls and stairwells unsupervised, yelling and screaming and disturbing our other guests. At no point did I use inappropriate language. Yes, you were asked to leave, and we were glad to give you a full refund. I had to make a decision to lose one guest to make 10+ other rooms happy.

If you have additional concerns, please feel free to call the hotel at 843-505-0594
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We stayed with Suburnban for several months this summer. It was the best summer we have ever had. Fell in love with Crystal and Cory they were always there for us, by the time we left we considered them part of our family. Can't wait to go back.everything was always nice and clean. My favorite part was our pool time and Crystal always made sure it was beautiful and clean. Will stay no where else but there Thanks for everything you guys

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Obviously in today's economy we search for deals. And my wife and I thought we had one. First off the smell was horrible! We thought something had died in our room. Second there were roaches and bugs through out. They moved us to another room but that was just as bad. Do not waste your money,,,find a rest stop and stay in your car.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Mark B
Reviewed 11 October 2013

for $900 a month a very good bargain. however the last few days of my stay it was discovered that my room was messy. on October eighth they locked me out of my room, when I returned from work at about 12 a.m. I called the emergency hotline to have someone let me back in they did and told me that my room is a mess and that's why I was locked out I thought this was very strange where most hotels would've have housekeeping clean it and assess an extra cleaning fee. then on October 9th my room was okay apparently I came in I left for work came back without any problems. but on the 10th the last night of my stay I was locked out again without any kind of notification not even a phone call or text message. I find this policy very strange and even juvenile that they're punishing me for having a messy room or whatever the case maybe at this point I just know I'm locked out and not sure where I'm going to sleep tonight. especially since this is a hotel, if the room is especially messy have house keeping clean it and charge of cleaning fee.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank stephen138
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bluffton
Comfort Suites Bluffton
#23 of 28 in Hilton Head
Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head
Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head
#15 of 28 in Hilton Head

Been to Suburban Extended Stay Hilton Head? Share your experiences!