“Very Nice Hotel”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Bluffton
Monkton, MD
“Very Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 10 February 2006

We were traveling for my son's Marine graduation from Parris Island and the ratings for the hotels close to the base were less than average. We searched trip advison for a hotel with above average ratings and we decided to stay at this hotel about 20 miles away. We are very glad we did! The hotel is relatively new and very clean. The room was great and the staff was friendly. They had a good breakfast and large dining area. They are also located within walking distance to a grocery store and several good restaurants.

• Stayed February 2006
2 Thank teritique

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 12 June 2005

My wife and I stayed at the Comfort Suites in Bluffton on June 11-12, 2005. We were very impressed from the time we drove up to the hotel. The hotel is new and very clean. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. The staff was friendly and professional. The hotel is located on the edge of a new shopping complex that includes a couple of good restaurants and a Kroger. The location is convenient--approximately 15 miles from Hilton Head beaches. We highly recommend this hotel and look forward to staying there on our next trip to Hilton Head.

• Stayed June 2005
6 Thank AGS_guy
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 May 2005

Stayed here for business on Hilton Head. Great Hotel, everything clean, nice. Great beds! Biggest difficulty is that at 7:30 there is significant traffic to get to Hilton Head. We had fog each morning, which caused a wreck on the 278 bridge, and it took 45 minutes to get 7 miles. Be careful about traffic!

• Stayed April 2005, travelled on business
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 January 2005

I have stayed many times in the Bluffton area and had the chance to stay recently at the comfort suites and had a great stay. I had a really nice room with or should I say suite and was also able to bring my puppy along. My room had a fridge and microwave which was helpful because I am currently relocating to the area. I also loved the breakfast available every morning and it was great to grab a fresh cup of coffee on my way to work. I recommend the waffles. The staff was excellent also especially Hinda from the front desk who helped me get to know the area. All in all and 5 star stay

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Bluffton, South Carolina
Reviewed 7 January 2005

When my wife and I moved into the Bluffton area we were forced to live in a hotel for a month while our new home was being completed. We chose the Comfort Suites at Belfair Plaza for our hotel. I must say most of the staff was extremely nice; however the General Manager was the rudest person I have ever dealt with. It turns out he had overbooked our room and wanted my wife and I to move into a smaller room for the weekend. Since we had booked the hotel for a months stay we did find this fair. We also had packed clothing for the month stay and packing it all up to move to another room would have been very difficult. I told him that this was unacceptable and went to work that day. About two hours after I had gone to work my wife called crying saying that he had just called cursing and told her that she had to be moved out by 11:00am or he was calling the police. He then hung up on her. I left work and went directly to the hotel to discuss this with him. Unfortunately, he was not there so I spoke to the nice lady at the front desk who actually agreed with me. She said she was going to try to reason with him. About 30 minutes later, I got a call from the General Manager and he proceeded to curse me out and subsequently hung the phone up. I decided to come back pack all our stuff up and go to the Holiday Inn Express. When I told them of my nightmare story the gave me the largest room in the hotel at an incredible rate. The staff at the Holiday Inn Express was fantastic. Now that I am a local resident here in Hilton Head/Bluffton, I have made it my goal to never recommend this Comfort Suites to anyone that may come visit down here. This is a georgous vacation spot, and I would hate to see someones experience be ruined by this S.O.B. of a general manager.

6 Thank jblacks44
, Manager at Comfort Suites Bluffton, responded to this review, 21 January 2005
The review dated January 7,2005 is very sad but most important so untrue. The Guest was a walk-in guest who selected a deluxe Suite for just a few nights. The Guest stated that he always stays on Hilton Head at another property at a special rate. He stated that he was with us on Comapny business and wanted to first set-up a direct billing then stated that his company would be using their Credit Card for payment. He said his stay would change from just a few days with us to several weeks depending on only if the company would pay for his stay. After the first night it was discovered that he had a pet whcih he would be charged for and that the room he was in was not a Pet Room on the first floor. The Guest Service agent advised him of the fee and he demanded that the fee will not be applied and do not place on his bill. He also stated that he was not moving. After his first due check-out date he left his family in the Suite responding that they would be extending another night. This went on and on. Finally that Suite was reserved on another one of his check-out dates and we asked to move him into a differnet type of Suite when he went crazy, cursing at the Guest Service Agent and demanding that we not ask him to move. His Suite was reported in disarray and his actions towards the staff were harsh and threating. I basically asked the guest that it was in the best interest for him to locate to the other property he spoke about on Hilton Head. That is manner was disturbing to the staff and guests on the property. I spoke to Guest Relations for Choice (Comfort Suites) and they agreed in my decision for the benefit of the guest and staff. No harsh words or disrespect was presented to the guest by myself or the staff as he was the one to provoke a incident.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bluffton
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bluffton
#19 of 28 in Hilton Head
Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head
Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head
#15 of 28 in Hilton Head

Been to Comfort Suites Bluffton? Share your experiences!