“In the Nick of Time”

Jim 'N Nick's Bar-B-Q
Ranked #12 of 198 Restaurants in Bluffton
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Athens, Ga.
“In the Nick of Time”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We'd just arrived in Bluffton, and were ready for some barbecue. We prefer more rundown barbecue joints. This one was quite snazzy. The barbecue was too tampered with for our tastes. It seemed to have pepper added versus mainly having the smokey flavor. The sauces and sides were good. We sat outside. The music was Motown and just right for dancing cheek to cheek!

• Visited June 2014

Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Very Disappointing!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I went there with my daughter and her family this past Tuesday night because it was my daughters favorite restaurant when she use to live here. What a nightmare!!! We were seated in the bar area in a back booth with 3 small children. There were drunks at the bar right next to us hollering and being loud. We had 2 waiters, one was training the other one but unfortunately neither of them could remember to check on us occasionally. The food was not good at all. Even the french fries were so bad that I had to send them back and order a different side item. My grandsons meal did not even come out till 20 minutes after the rest of us had gotten our meals. The whole meal was a complete fiasco! When the waitress brought our ticket she said that the manager extends his apologies for the meal being so late coming out of the kitchen. I asked her please get the manager for me because I had a feeling he did not even know what had happened. He came out and was nice as could be and actually did not know anything and had not extended his apologies...she just said that. I hate that I can't remember his name - maybe Mark or Eric - but he was completely gracious and comped our meal and even gave us a gift certificate to come back. I won't go back due to the fact that this was the 2nd time I had had a bad experience with them. They gave a gift certificate for that one also but there comes a time when you just have to decide that a place is just not worth taking a chance again.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank thood34
Okatie, South Carolina
“Great experience”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Although a crowd can form for lunch, we got there just before noon and the place is larger than it looks from outside. We had great service and great food. All the staff are so friendly. Service is quick, unusual for the area. They have the best onion rings and great southern sides. The fried cat fish is spectacular as are the ribs. We will definitely go back.

• Visited July 2014
Beaufort, South Carolina
“A++ all around”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I ate here for the first time over the weekend. It was by far one of the best places we have been to in Bluffton. Everything from the food, to the service and atmosphere was top notch. This will definitely be a regular place for us now!

Hilton Head, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Serious Barbeque”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

This is the real deal with melt in your mouth pulled chicken and unique sauce selection that includes one that is exquisitely hot but not over the top. Baked beans were superior. Best southern Barbeque I have had in quite some time and I am from Virginia.

Visited July 2014