Camden House Bed & Breakfast
US$71
US$73
  • Free Internet
TripAdvisor
All reviewsb bgorgeous housebreakfast was deliciousan overnight staysharon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I really enjoyed my three-day stay at this bed and breakfast. From the very beginning the owners were very welcoming. My room was immaculate, beautifully appointed and ample. When I arrived, I found there were chocolates, snacks and water waiting for me. In the afternoon, there was chilled white wine and red wine in the living room. The breakfast was different every day and it would be hard to decide which one was better. I confess I most enjoyed the homemade cheese grits, homemade biscuits and the apple turnover. The coffee was also outstanding. The location was wonderful. It was a short walk to the heart of Camden. I wholeheartedly recommend it!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kristina A
Reviewed 20 April 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at this B & B.. It is a beautiful old house and we were welcomed by Paul the owner and Marvin who worked there. There was coffee available on the landing with little cakes and biscotti. The bottled water and chocolates in the room was a nice touch too. We were invited to have wine in the drawing room at 4 pm which we took out onto the porch to relax in the sunshine and enjoy the atmosphere of the house and gardens.
It was a short walk into town where we ate at the Old Armory steak house, then had a few drinks with the locals at Sam Kendalls. The bed was comfortable and we had a good nights sleep.The breakfast the next morning was excellent, fruit salad, homemade grits, bacon and scrambled eggs with biscuits, juice and coffee, it was just what we needed before our drive back to the airport then the long journey back to the UK.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank calamityjane2016
Reviewed 14 March 2013

This place is absolutely stunning inside and out. Yes - it is old, but updated nicely. I only wish we could have stayed longer. Unfortunately our trip was cut short by a family emergency so we were basically late coming in and early out.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Euell
Reviewed 8 February 2013

This is a beautiful old house with lovely furnishings. Unfortunately our visit was spoilt by a very dirty bath tub and being awoken at 4.00am by the radiator heating which sound as though somebody was hitting it with a hammer. This unfortunately made sleep impossible . To add insult to injury our room was cold when we eventually got up. We were told by the Innkeeper that it was an old house . If the heating system had been maintained then the noise would be far less,bleeding the radiators would have helped. We will not be going back. We have used B and Bs in the South East and love the old houses and the friendly atmosphere . We have made good friends of some of the Innkeepers that we keep going back to visit. B and B Inns are our preferred way of staying on our road trips in the USA.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bee1Swadlincote
Reviewed 18 December 2012

This place is excellent. I have stayed at numerous B&B's and have to say that the overall experience here was probably the best. The rooms were well appointed with nice bathrooms. The bed was comfortable. Outdoor pool and grilling area would be nice in warmer weather. The breakfast was remarkable. The cost of a room in this wonderful B&B was very reasonable especially considering how nice this place is. The wine at sunset was also a nice touch. If you find yourself in need of an overnight stay in Camden this would be a fantastic choice.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple