“This hotel doesn't even deserve a one!”

Knights Inn Columbia Airport/Cayce
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Cayce
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

This is the worst place I have ever stayed at.Beds are uncomfortable the bed spreads have holes in them.There's a lot of drugs head and hookers who lived their. Bathtubs are dirty we had a unwanted guest a roach of course. I would not recommended my worst enemy to stay here. Its always great to read the reviews. Don't believe that people leave negative comments mess because these comments are true.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Darlene N
There are newer reviews for Knights Inn Columbia Airport/Cayce

Reviewed 12 August 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Knights Inn
3  Thank Percy W
Reviewed 20 March 2014

OMG!!! This is the filthiest, disgusting, never been cleaned, nasty smelling trash can of a hotel I have ever experienced in my 53 years. I sprayed the entire room from top to bottom with Lysol and could not get rid of the stench. I was even afraid to sleep on the sheets for fear they had never been changed and slept in my clothes and did not walk on the nasty carpet without my shoes on. I opted not to use the filthy bathroom shower as well. You could not get me to stay at this facility again even if you paid me a million dollars. I eventually hope to block this stay out of my mind forever! I do not understand how a hotel such as this is issued a business licensed to operate, pass inspection and allowed to continue to stay in business. The best thing that could happen to that place is a good fire to incinerate the hazardous filth I encountered here.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Lori R
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I booked a NON-smoking room and the room smelled so bad of smoke. The rooms were dirty, old and smelled. I booked on line and was told my credit card would automatically be billed and I could not cancel my reservations. I had proof on my confirmation that my card was billed immediately but the clerk said it wasn't paid. This place is a complete dump! It states they are 3 miles from Fort Jackson, they are about 15 minutes away.

Room Tip: Breakfast was a complete joke!!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank macsteph1965
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I booked on Hotels.com . I however had a certain set of special needs I needed to accommodate so I called them before I booked. David was more than helpful and answered all my questions. My room was clean and very usable ( not fancy ) There is a nice little pool and it even has a handicap lift !!! The Motel was quiet considering its location just off the interstate. It is all one level as well. I was very satisfied !

Room Tip: Many of the rooms have a step up to get in so if you require a motorized chair do ask for an accessi...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 October 2013

The Columbia Airport Knights Inn is only rated as a one star hotel but don't let ratings fool you. The rooms are nice and clean, the beds are comfortable and the price is good for a traveler on a budget. My room had a king bed and cost only $43.95 ($67.21 with taxes and fees added). The room also had a couch so it was a good sized room. The hotel does have some shortcomings but don't let that distract you. The complimentary continental breakfast features only doughnuts and cereal with orange juice and coffee to drink. The hotel does not offer shampoo or conditioner so bring your own and the pillows are not firm so you may want to bring one if you need it. The staff is very friendly and helped me to enjoy my stay. The hotel is composed of four buildings next to each other. If you happen to be in Columbia and you need an economical place to stay try the Knights Inn. Reserve and prepay on the internet for the best rates however if you cancel less than 48 hours before your stay no refund will be available should you cancel.

Room Tip: The rooms are quiet so you don't hear the traffic on Interstate 26 which is very close to the ho...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 September 2013

and the carpet WAS from the 1970's. I mean this was a [--] of a hotel but you get what you pay for. I could only stay one night instead of 3.
First, the other clientele...straight from jail. I mean red neck, drunk as can be. They do have a armed security guard there. So, go figure...
I myself was not worried but this is just a the ultimate low end of places I will stay.
I was worried about bed bugs (none that I could have any problems with but I do carry a can of bed bug killer you get at Home Depot and spray the carpet, sheets,etc).
The carpet, it was sticky. No wonder they have dark colored carpet....to hide the unknown body fluids (like on one chair...no way I was going to sit on it).
Sleep on top of the covers. The bathroom......well truck stop bathrooms LOOK better, and may even be cleaner.
NOT a nice place and you will NOT have a nice day.
Spend $15+ more and go stay somewhere that has at least 2 stars.
And the 'decor' was like that fro hotel from the 70's. The room I has had a door between rooms and the guy and girl in the other room I could hear talking, let alone smell the cigarettes (which most of the 'regulars' there seemed to always be smoking...must be to cover up them having no teeth....go figure.
If you have a OCD about being clean, then this is NOT the place you want to go to.
If you are running from the law, cheating on your husband/wife or trying to avoid humanity......then this is STILL NOT the place you want to go.
Seeing is believing and I believe this place should be condemned.
If I could give it NEGATIVE stars it would be a NEGATIVE 3

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank philmiami
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cayce
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Super 8 West Columbia Airport
Super 8 West Columbia Airport
#9 of 11 in West Columbia
Courtyard Columbia Cayce

Been to Knights Inn Columbia Airport/Cayce? Share your experiences!