“Good experience”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups
“Good experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

The restaurant was almost full so I was expecting a wait but to my surprise the waitress was at my table with in just a few minutes. She was very friendly, very knowledgeable and very proficient. I ordered on her recommendation the salmon and it was outstanding. Perfectly cooked hot, hot and really hit the spot. The restaurant is very well run and very well managed. I look forward to eating there again.

Visited June 2014

West Columbia, South Carolina
“THEY HAVE CHANGED A FEW THINGS!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

My husband and I went with some friends and I got the 4 course feast. They no longer carry the steamed vegetables nor the Key Lime Pie, which was a disappointment to us all. I gave the clam chowder to my husband...he loves it and I don't like it at all. I love steamed vegetables and I was looking forward to that...
We just had a great time talking since there wasn't too many people there.
Overall the meal was good. You know the biscuits were GREAT!

• Visited June 2014
Lake Charles, Louisiana, United States
“This location does not live up to the Red Lobster name and standards”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

My wife and I have never been disappointed when eating at Red Lobster before. That changed when we visited the only Red Lobster in the Columbia, SC vicinity.

We were visiting our oldest son and wanted to treat him and his family to a great meal. Unfortunately, we chose the wrong location.

It was our first and probably our last visit ever to that location.

I've never been disappointed in Haddock before, but this time when most of us ordered it, the entree was a let-down.

Never again.

• Visited April 2014
West Columbia, South Carolina
“I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

Our family went there to celebrate a member's family birthday. We ordered our food and several people got the coconut shrimp which they said was great. I got the 4 course feast and got the breaded shrimp which was delicious,{gave my clam chowder to my husband, he loves it} He said it was fantastic! We had no problem with the food whatsoever...the problem came in with the cake I had made, we had given to the hostess for them to put in the fridge. There was another birthday party there as well and it seems Red Lobster gave our cake to the other party, cut and served it to them....the person even blew out the candle on the cake??? How that happened, I have no idea...The other party stated they also brought in a cake, we were already there when they came in {with no cake}...what it came down to..they said they brought in a cake, and then they said they didn't...How in the world, could they NOT have said anything when my cake was brought out, I don't know?? Anyway, the manager said, nothing like that had ever happened like this in the 22 years that he had been managing it and the meal was on him... Still, I would have liked to have paid my bill and eaten my homemade hummingbird cake and all of us enjoyed it....I feel like it will be a long time before I can bring myself to make another one...What do you think?? So glad I made a picture of it at home after I iced it!

• Visited January 2014
Greenville, South Carolina
“Excellent Seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Excellent seafood. Usually have the broiled trio platter. Broiled crab-stuffed shrimp on that platter are to die for. So are the cheese biscuits. Wife loves the popcorn shrimp and always orders it and they happily provide it even though it is no longer on printed menu. If you don't see what you want, ask. They might have it but not on the menu. The waits can be long and the service slow on weekend nights so try another night if you can. We go there monthly and are never disappointed. Manager has been there forever.

Visited December 2013