“YIKES!!!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Cayce
Grover, North Carolina
“YIKES!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

I paid cheap and that's what I got. The room was dingy, musty and reminded me of a cut rate room that you rent by the hour. The carpet was dirty. The toilet only flushed if you held the handle down the entire time. The water in the shower was so HOT and unpredictable that I had to JUMP out because it was too hot. I wanted to use my lap top while sitting in bed but the receptacle beside the bed didn't work. The "people" hanging around outside were sort of scary so when the room phone rang at 1:30am I was NOT going to answer it. I wouldn't stay there again unless I had no other option.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Rome, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012 via mobile

We stayed here last October while attending a USC football game. We were very disappointed in the poor quality of the room. We felt very unsafe during our stay and actually checked out a night early, even though we had already paid for the night, and stayed with friends. Would not stay here again even though it was cheap and good location.

• Stayed October 2011
Lockport, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2011

When we checked in the girl at the desk was extremely rude!!! No people skills what-so-ever. Our room had the strangest odor...it was really disgusting. All night long we could hear commotion going on outside of our room. The door didn't close very well. You could see light coming in. I would rather sleep in my car then stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Cayce, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2010

conveniently located off interstate 26, just a short trip to the VA hospital, rooms are quiet, clean and well appointed for the over night or weekly stay. Prices are more than reasonable, staff is wonderful.

Swimming pool for you or the kids, Hubby and I have found our new place to stay on trips to Columbia, we be back here again..

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank starri33
South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2010

I made the mistake of coming to this hotel because of its convenient location and low rates. What a mistake!!! This hotel was absolutely awful. The manager (James Lee) was extremely rude. There were hundreds of bees everywhere! And to top it off, when I went to ask for a clean towel one evening, they refused to give me one and informed me that people who stay and pay the weekly rate only get towels twice a week (Tuesday & Thursday).

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank kellyc9490
Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2009

we stayed there on April 10th, the room had bed bugs, exhaust hadnt been clean in years , dirty towel on the floor, sink stopped up , bed was broke and under the bed was mold and mildew soooooo bad. reported them to the health department

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank jasonaly
Roseville, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2009

If you need a simple, clean & dry place to stay which is close to the airport, this one will work.
I was attending my son’s graduation from Army Basic Combat Training at Fort Jackson and had searched for the least expensive package of flight and hotel. This was the first place that came up. The place was easy to access off of the Interstate, but it is a good 20 minutes away from Fort Jackson.
This would not be my first choice if I was looking to spend a lot of time at the hotel on vacation with my family, but if you just need a place to crash with cable and a good shower, I would stay here again if the price was right.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank dakotawiner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cayce
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbia Airport
Clarion Inn Columbia-Airport
Clarion Inn Columbia-Airport
#8 of 10 in West Columbia
Days Inn & Suites Columbia Airport

Been to Masters Inn - Columbia? Share your experiences!