Motel 6 Columbia - University of South Carolina
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Cayce
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The Girl at the front desk was so kind, but that was the only positive thing. The room felt damp and gross. There were roaches running across the microwave. Opened the dresser and there was not just mouse dropping but rat droppings. The shower was GROSS. I never even undressed, I sat in a chair all night and watched the room to keep my children safe while they slept. THIS HOTEL NEEDS CLOSED! The area was loud noise coming from all around. We were traveling home from Florida and it was late when we stopped here it was our last resort. We would have been safer sleeping in the car.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TLM1971
Taneisha W, General Manager at Motel 6 Columbia - University of South Carolina, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Motel 6 - Cayce, SC #4890. Your feedback is very important to us.

At Motel 6, we strive to provide a superior guest experience, and I am sorry yours did not meet expectations.

Rest assured appropriate measures are being taken to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns and hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Columbia - University of South Carolina

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

There is plastic on the bed and when you ask to have it removed desk clerk says no and will be charged if removed. Had a guest checked into room while I was in room. Room card was deactivated at least twice a day.
The pool has a dirty look to it.

• Stayed: July 2014
Taneisha W, General Manager at Motel 6 Columbia - University of South Carolina, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Motel 6 USC

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I recently stayed at the Motel 6 in Cayce, SC on Knott Abbott Drive. Upon arrival, I had to wait 30 minutes to check in because no one was at the front desk. When the person arrived she stated that she was out back talking to someone. This person's name was Jessica and whoever assigned her to the front desk should be fired. I stayed an additional night and the next front desk clerk ieisha forgot to key my card and when I brought it back to have it keyed she tell me that it was my fault because I forgot to give it to her. I told her that I don't know what key policies you employ here and you should have asked me for the card if it had to be rekeyed. She wanted to go back and forth about who's was at fault and I ended up working away. the room did have roaches and needed to be sprayed. The refrigerator rubber around the door was missing so the refrigerator was of no use. There was no Motel 6 internet so I use the Master Inn which was slow. The most professional thing about this place was the Housekeeper's who were very cordial and service oriented. The Housekeepers had more Customer Service Skills than the Front Desk personnel. I hope that Motel 6 understand what a place like this could do to their brand and that a low end brand. Motel 6 should place a closer eye on this establishment the old Master Inn.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Terence w
Taneisha W, General Manager at Motel 6 Columbia - University of South Carolina, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Motel 6 USC

Reviewed 7 June 2014

bed bug infested. no management around on the weekends to make any executive decisions. lousy wi-fi; intermittent at best. not a place to really relax in while checking out lexington & richland counties. their proximity to the river walk is great, but i'm sure they ain't had nothing to do with that!...

Room Tip: if you gotta' stay here, ask for a room around back, or a room on the west side of the property...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Taneisha W, Manager at Motel 6 Columbia - University of South Carolina, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Motel 6 - Cayce, SC. Your feedback is very important to us.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I recently stayed at Motel 6 on Knox Abbott Road in Cayce {Columbia} South Carolina. There was no internet for the 3 days that I was there. Even though it is a "new" Motel 6 purchased around December, 2013, the logon site was still listed under Masters Inn. I went to the front desk several times, and called but got no resolution to this matter in three days. The manager did not seem to care and no one of the staff that I talked to seemed to care or know how to reset the router, if that was the problem? There was no attempt to reimburse me. The toilet had a 5 gallon tank and was constantly overflowing the standpipe. The bathroom paint was peeling and the mini-fridge bottom bar was broken. Otherwise it was a nice quiet, convenient location with comfortable bed, microwave and mini-fridge.

Room Tip: If you need to use the internet, this is not a place to stay until this issue is resolved!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Taneisha W, General Manager at Motel 6 Columbia - University of South Carolina, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

Stay away......place has been branded motel 6 now but doesn't even live up to the standards of that low end chain. Dirty smelly full of crackheads and roaches. Everything in the room is broken and or dirty. The shower water comes out rusty for quite a while. It was cheap but that was the only consolation.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank John M

Dear Carly Patterson:

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I stayed at the masters inn knox abbott drive cayce s.c. for two nights in town for a graduation. As I walked in in noticed that it was big spot in the middle of the floor looks like somebody got shot and no one tried to cleaned it up. The front desk clerk Verna was very rude and seemed to be short of breathe while she was checking us in mind you I was the 2nd in line. Then about 30 mins later the manager came in he was very rude to this young lady who asked for clean towels. They next day the housekeeping staff beat the door down wanting my dirty linen I glady gave it to her so I can grab her name of her name tag. She was an older lady named Genieva I felt bad for her maybe she dislike working there. When I knew that we were going home I was relieved but terrified of who's comming to beat the door down again. I told the lady that checked us in that they were rude and very loud yelling down the stairs. She looked confused herself.all in all I would not suggest anyone to stay her unless u know ur going to be gone before housekeeping kick your door open. BEWARE OF THE CRACK SMOKERS AND DOPE DEALERS PROSTITUTION AND KEEP EXPENSIVE THING LOCKED IN THE CAR. CHEAP BUT IS IT WORTH THE HASSLE.

• Stayed: November 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cayce
Hampton Inn Columbia - Downtown Historic District
Hyatt Place Columbia / Downtown / The Vista
SpringHill Suites Columbia Downtown/The Vista
Staybridge Suites Columbia
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbia Downtown
Hilton Columbia Center
Hilton Columbia Center
#10 of 94 in Columbia

Been to Motel 6 Columbia - University of South Carolina? Share your experiences!