“Great seafood place”

Ocean view seafood cayce sc
Ranked #31 of 41 Restaurants in Cayce
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Love eating here, and do so at least once a month. Seafood is prepared well and reasonably priced. I LOVE the sea scallops. Broiled to perfection and perfectly seasoned. (And that is hard to find in an inland seafood restaurant)

1  Thank Beth S

Reviewed 20 June 2014

This place was terrible from the moment we walked in. We were not greeted and had to ask to be seated even though the hostess was standing at the door. The hostess became our waitress. She obviously did not want to be there. I tried to order as she was leaning on a wall about 4 feet from me. I ordered the boiled platter, but the food was brought to me fried (maybe she didn't hear me because she was leaning against the wall). My friend ordered her steak medium and it came well done. I was then brought the correct food and my friend the correctly cooked steak. My scallops were chewy and the flounder tasteless. I sent the food back and did not eat. We also witnessed our waitress scratching her rear end as she was bringing out some tarter sauce. Our party had 8 people. They were each charged automatic gratuity even though the menu says it will be added on for groups of 10 or more. There were also gnats flying around our table. I could go on and on, but I am sure you get the point. There are plenty of great choices to eat in this area, this is not one of them.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

More than dirty. It is NASTY! No pride. None! There was more food on the window blinds than on our table. There was more food under our table than on our table. There was more trash in the parking lot than in the dumpster. Why eat here? Well, if you bring your church bulletin on Sunday, you can SAVE yourself 10% and dine with like-minded individuals. Wow!
I thought discrimination was illegal… but they advertise it with signs in the polluted parking lot!
Food was mediocre at best. It is hard to screw up “fried everything” – until the steamed veggies reek of way-way too much garlic (Garlic? On steamed broccoli? Really?) Our waitress hated her job too. I felt bad for her, but she was simply a bad match for waiting tables. It took 45 minutes to get our meals and drinks were hardly refilled ever.
Surprisingly, by the time we left on a Saturday evening there was a one hour wait to get in. This was beyond my imagination – but the loitering crowed looked a little rough, so perhaps they would not know a clean place if they ever saw one.

1  Thank SteveJames_in_SC
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Over about 6 months, each time the service and the food have gotten worse. The alfredo sauce was not any better than the bottled junk, and the fried food was dry and overcooked. The stuffed flounder was ok. On the last trip we had a party of 8, and the service was awful. Servings were ample. Dessert was mediocre. We wanted it to be as good as Captain George's used to be (in the same spot) but the signs aren't good. Captain D's is much better, and cheaper. Red Lobster is lots better. Too bad.

1  Thank L F
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This is a good place to get reasonably priced seafood. The service has been going down the past six months. I would recommend going at lunch when they have specials and the food is better then at night. I have been on several occasions and the service is only as good as the waiter you get. On one visit the waiter a young man talked continuously to the man behind me complaining about the tips from the old people on Mondays. I wanted to tell him he was getting a 20 percent tip based on the order. I was on a cell phone call with my son at the time or I would have spoken to the management. He continuously bad mouthed the owner and who they used for maintenance. I have been back after this and he still is employed. If I was the owner I would have fired him.