“Nice local restaurant...”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Lexington, South Carolina
“Nice local restaurant...”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Murray's in Cayce is a definite hole-in-the-wall type of establishment, hiding in a strip mall in Cayce. Stepping in almost feels like taking a step-back to yesteryear, as the decor is very much a blast from the past (this is not a dig...it adds to the charm). This was my first meal at Murray's (meeting a friend for lunch), and all-in-all, I'd have to say that it wasn't bad. I got the burger basket, and the burger was fairly large and tasted good. The highlight of the meal had to be the raw fries (wing chips to others), which I ordered "in the middle" (not floppy or crunchy). They were cooked just as I asked and were great with the provided malt vinegar. Service was fast and friendly.

The only real downside I could find was that there's no draft beer, which I find peculiar for any establishment that calls itself a bar, but with bottled beer and liquor available, that's hardly a deal-breaker. I enjoyed it. I probably wouldn't make the trek to Cayce just to eat there, but if I were meeting a friend or passing through, I'd go again.

• Visited October 2013

Pomeroy, Ohio
“Neighborhood bar and grill”
Reviewed 29 January 2012

The French Dip sandwich and the BBQ sandwiches were really good, and their onion rings are awesome. Don't bother with the catfish basket though, the catfish is definitely not hand breaded, they looked like packaged chicken tenders and had a muddy taste to them. Service was good, so overall it's a nice pace to eat.

Visited January 2012
“Best Burger in Central South Carolina. Really.”
Reviewed 16 June 2011

Murray's makes a nearly perfect burger, and for my money, it's the best in the Columbia area - and certainly the best in Lexington County. If they would properly season (salt) their burgers, and grind their beef in-house, Murray's would be nearly impossible to beat. It's in Cayce, located in an aging grocery store shopping center, just off of I-26, and not far from I-77, maybe 10 minutes from downtown Columbia.

The atmosphere is friendly, but it's homely: an old, dark, huge tavern/bar with lots of old wooden booths and tables. They have a number of different french fry choices, which is nice, I suppose.

Do yourself a favor and seek this place out.

• Visited June 2011