“Still a Good Place to Stay”

Francis Marion Hotel
Ranked #23 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Great location & a very helpful staff make up for the relatively small rooms. There's a Starbucks in the lobby and the hotel's restaurnt is pretty good as well. If you get a good rate, jump at it! Hope this is of help.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
FMH_Manager, Manager at Francis Marion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Thanks for recommending us! It's great to hear we won you over with not only our convenient location, but also our attentive staff. We'd love to have you back next time you're in Charleston!

Reviewed 4 February 2014

I recently attended a conference that was located at this hotel. I was very pleased with all aspects of my stay. Food at restaurant was surprisingly excellent! I plan to return as soon as I can so that I can take the time to explore this jewel of a city.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank fenshrink
FMH_Manager, Manager at Francis Marion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

As you probably noticed when you were here, our location is a great jumping-off point for exploring the city! We can't wait to have you back to take advantage of all Charleston has to offer. Just let us know when you're heading down!

'Til then,

Reviewed 4 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel with three friends over Memorial Day Weekend 2013 and we had a great time. Our room had two queens beds and was spacious enough for the four of us. We got a pretty good rate, considering it was a holiday weekend (They actually charged a pretty high rate for certain days and less for others, but it evened out well).

The hotel has a grand lobby and is in a great location to town. We were able to walk or take the free bus everywhere. There is a Starbucks attached to the hotel, which is quite convenient. There was also a huge Farmer's Market right across from the hotel during the weekend, which we frequented both days. All in all, this is a solid place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you, Nikki! I'm so glad you and your friends decided to spend a long weekend with us last year. We'd love to have you back next time you're down this way!

Reviewed 4 February 2014

The Francis Marion was a very beautiful, historic hotel within walking distance to everything you want to experience in Charleston. It was immaculately clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

We'd love that, Sherrie! Thanks for following up with us after your stay. I know our staff will appreciate your compliments!

All the best,

Reviewed 1 February 2014

I recently stayed here for a business meeting and was pleasantly surprised. We typically stay at large chain hotels so I wasn't sure what to expect. The place was a little quirky (my room had two bathrooms, albeit tiny bathrooms). The service was great, everyone was super friendly. The rooms were clean. The meeting rooms were comfortable and the locations was great.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
FMH_Manager, Manager at Francis Marion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

I appreciate you giving us the opportunity to show you what we're all about! Thanks for following up with us after your stay. I hope you'll think of us next time you're headed to Charleston!

Reviewed 31 January 2014

The staff of the Francis Marion did a superb job of working with me to plan and execute recent business meeting. Jessica (Sales & Meeting Manager) was very efficient and made each step of the process very easy, even on relatively short notice. The meeting rooms, AV support and meals were exceptional. The sleeping rooms are well appointed and comfortable. The staff is friendly and responsive. Located on the corner of King & Calhoun, the hotel is convenient to many of the restuarants and activities that visitors to Charleston want.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

It was our pleasure to host your meeting, Jim! Thanks for thinking of us when you were planning your event. We'd love to have you back again soon — whether for business or pleasure!

Thanks again,

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I usually stay at the Francis Marion Hotel when I travel for business. I was put on the top floor where I had a beautiful, clean and updated room! Service staff was amazing. On the morning I was leaving for meetings, Kyle and Stuart (valet/bell staff) noticed my tire on my car was flat. They were SO kind to me and offered to change my tire so that I could get on my way as quickly as possible. They took time to ensure the spare tire was put on correctly and had a map ready for me to get to the nearest tire center. These guys are amazing and every day, thereafter, greeted me by name. Service was outstanding throughout my stay. I'm very big on customer service and cannot recommend a higher quality place to stay. I will always stay at this hotel when my travel calls for another Charleston visit!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
FMH_Manager, Manager at Francis Marion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

We're big on customer service too, and reading that you "cannot recommend a higher quality place to stay" absolutely made my day! I have no doubt Kyle, Stuart and the rest of our team will be just as thrilled with your review as I am. We're already looking forward to your next trip to Charleston!

'Til then,