“Fabulous stay at Andrew Pinckney Inn”

Andrew Pinckney Inn
Ranked #21 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Columbia,SC
“Fabulous stay at Andrew Pinckney Inn”
Reviewed 10 February 2009

The Andrew Pinckney is magnificent and the location in Charleston couldn't be more perfect. It is in walking distance (even in heels) to all the Market and Battery and of course restaurants and nightlife. On-site parking is incredibly convenient and a rare find in Charleston!

We stayed in the newly remodeled rooms. Being there for work, there was plenty of space to spread out suits and laptops and enough space to comfortably work without having an "office."
The bed is probably the most comfortable "hotel" bed I've ever slept on. It was hard to make myself get up! The walk-in shower was a plus .. and it doesn't hurt that the sink was gorgeous.

As far as service .. top notch. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful without being bothersome. I would HIGHLY recommend staying at the Andrew Pinckney Inn. I loved that it didn't feel like a hotel ... feels more like a condo in beautiful downtown Charleston (with maid service)!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Didn't get to stay long enough
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
Chico, California
Reviewed 6 January 2009

Our stay in this hotel was almost perfect. The location is excellent (easy walking distance to everything). The room was large and beautifully decorated. The amenities were very nice. The housekeeping staff is friendly and helpful. I would stay in Andrew Pinkney again. In rating this property, however, my only low mark is for the continental breakfast, which was surprisingly mediocre. The breakfast area is located on the rooftop with a wonderful view of Charleston. I recommend that you purchased bagels and scones at one of the nearby coffee shops and enjoyed them on the rooftop.

• Liked — Location and room size
  • Disliked — continental breakfast
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cienpasos
Durham, NC
Reviewed 6 January 2009

While planning a New Years Eve getaway, I found a rate on the hotel website but waited a few days to book. In that time the rates went up. I called the hotel directly and they were so friendly. They actually honored the earlier rate! While driving to the hotel, I called the concierge and they made dinner reservations for us - before we even checked in! Always helpful with directions, suggestions on activities and places to go. We parked our car and walked everywhere - it was a wonderful location! Very cute room - even boasting a nice flat screen TV. The rooms are a little small - I was glad that our friends decided to get separate rooms and not share a double room. The bathroom is small, but I found everything so quaint. If I had to mention one thing - the walls were very thin. We heard hallway & street noise, but nothing that bothered us. Beautiful stay, beautiful hotel. We loved it & would recommend to others!

• Liked — Location, Friendly Front Desk
  • Disliked — Noise
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with friends
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 January 2009

This inn is in a great central location in the historic district. I am not sure what the other rooms look like, but I am thinking that we got the dedicated internet special room? I had no option to request a bed size on Orbitz, so go figure on New Years weekend, we got the room with 2 doubles, instead of the other two possibilities- queen or king. I should have known better to ask for a queen upon check in though. Our room was small, but well appointed and clean. There were some places in the room that were worn, and that could use some touch ups. It would be nice to have some mention in the notebook in the room about how to adjust the temperature of the room. It took us a few minutes to find a remote to turn on the heat. One of the things that would make this a better place to stay would be a coffee pot in the rooms. However, there is coffee service in the lobby which is easy to get to. Parking is either available in an off street parking lot owned by the inn, or in the city lot across the street, which the inn validates your ticket for you for a charge of $14. All in all, I would stay here again, but I would ask not to stay in a room with two doubles.

• Liked — Location, location, location!
  • Disliked — no coffee maker in room
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
Hilton Head Island
Reviewed 29 December 2008

We booked what the Andrew Pinckney Inn refers to as their "queen value room." I was a little nervous that it would be so small and spartan that I would be sorry I went for the bargain room.

Our queen value room was lovely, had plenty of storage space for our stuff and a great view of the Charleston Harbor. The bathroom was just as lovely and all very, very clean.

The location was excellent. We walked everywhere. There are plenty of good restaurants in the neighborhood and since the Inn doesn't have a bar or restaurant, we didn't feel miserly about taking a bottle of wine to the rooftop terrace and enjoying a cocktail there before going out to dinner

• Liked — Attractive room, location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 30 October 2008

My husband and I stayed one night at this hotel and enjoyed it very much as an affordable place to stay in an otherwise rather expensive area. We stayed in a nonsmoking room that smelled like a nonsmoking room, rather than one that had been sprayed to cover up any odour, and our room was clean and spacious. Our parking in the building next door was validated by the Inn, and we were able to just park the car for the two days and walk everywhere we wanted to go. This Inn is easy walking distance to great restaurants, the boardwalk on the waterfront and Market Street shopping. Breakfast on the rooftop was a lovely way to begin our day and the breakfast fare was continental, as the Inn advertises. I enjoyed yogurt, fresh fruit salad, orange juice, a bowl of granola with milk, two small muffins and a toasted bagel with cream cheese, along with fabulous coffee. All of this was includued in the room price. Staff were very helpful and asked us several times if everything was fine with our rooms, etc. The flat screen TV was nice to enjoy after a long day of sight-seeing. Noise was not a problem during our stay and I slept very well on a very comfortable bed. Overall, we were very pleased with our stay at this Inn and would definitely come back.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SeaTraveller45
Wilmington, NC
Reviewed 28 September 2008

I was visiting my mother in NC and wanted to take her away for a night and thought this inn would be perfect. However, we did not get to stay in the part that is pictured on the website. From first appearances the room looked cozy, however, as the night wore on it became increasingly difficult to sleep. Our room was above the side street which is also above the back of a nearby restaurant. I had to listen to all the workers who were outside talking during their breaks and the sound of garbage and bottles being thrown out until late in the night. It was disappointing, but at least my mom slept through it and enjoyed the breakfast on the rooftop. Make sure you check where your room is going to be located before you get settled in for the night.

• Liked — The views from the rooftop at breakfast
  • Disliked — The noise outsdie from the nearby restaurant and the noise upstairs when breakfast was being set up
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with family