My friend and I stayed here one night. We had a good rate, however we now know why. The breakfast area was directly above our room, so at the early hours you could hear people walking around,chairs moving. The breakfast was nice, nothing special, but nice view. A cruiseship had some in on Saturday, so there were a ton of people around. This Inn is a perfect location to get on the carriage tours, the market area. Not too many blocks from King St, where the shopping is. Lil Cricket is a convenience store if you need to bring snacks back to your room.
We did the haunted jail, but would not recommend it. The adjoining building had people working in it, lights on, people coming and going. Didn't really get any "scary" pictures or anything that looked like ghosts, but the stories were entertaining.
Can't comment much on food. We did not eat at any nice places. Had a late lunch at the Southend Brewery. Good crab cakes. The bars were packed, so we didn't go into any.
The front desk was friendly and had these yummy chocolate chip cookies with blue and white M&M's. (represent state flag) All the hotels we looked at were pricey in this area. Days Inn-friends stayed there last year and there were cockroaches in their room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the historic district and recently restored, the Andrew Pinckney Inn is at the center of everything Charleston has to offer. With our ideal downtown location, find yourself just steps away from the lively atmosphere of renowned restaurants and shops that surround Charleston’s historic City Market. For over 200 years, the Charleston City Market has been a retreat for both locals and visitors to find unique treasures delivered by over 100 vendors. And with a mild year-round climate, Charleston, SC is best enjoyed outdoors. Spend the day exploring our charming city, or soak in the warm sunshine on our rooftop terrace which boasts stunning views of the Charleston skyline and vibrant harbor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Andrew Pinckney Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Andrew Pinckney Hotel Charleston
- Andrew Pinckney Charleston