“good times” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 60 Hotels in Charleston
San Diego, California
“good times”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2010

the hotel was awesome, very quaint had an awesome time, but when I go again won't be summertime LOL too hot

Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2010

The Andrew Pinckney Inn was amazing - we got there Thursday night and were greeted by an extremely friendly staff who answered all of my questions about their hotel and the surrounding area. We stayed in the Traditional King room and it honestly looked like a room in a spa/resort. The bathroom was so nice too! We were 2 blocks away from Market Street and just another block away from King Street! We got out of our car at 3:00 on Thursday and had no need to get back in it until we left on Sunday. The rooftop breakfast was so tasty and had such a nice view of Charleston. We are going to make Charleston and The Andrew Pinckney Inn an annual trip and I highly recommend you do as well!!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2010

i stay at the Pinckney Inn each time I come to Charleston. This past week I had 6 co-workers come to town and they were so glad we were able to stay at the Pinckney. Super friendly staff, extremely clean, comfortable, well appointed rooms, and fantastic location in the historic area make this my only choice for my business and pleasure trips to Charleston. Enjoy!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2010

We read all of the reviews and booked this hotel with the hopes that most of the reviews would be correct! They seemed to all be positive and refreshing. Unfortunately, IT all went downhill with one call to confirm the reservations the day before we were scheduled to arrive. They could not find my reservations and kind of insinuated that I hadn't made them which upset me because I made them three and a half weeks prior to our trip. Luckily they called me back confirming that I did in fact have reservations but they had been put under someone else’s name with my credit card number!!!! Okay, I can look past that...maybe...granted maybe they were busy and mistyped the info. We get there and check in, we were told we received an upgrade due to the misunderstanding the day before. GREAT! We walked into the room to see a small room that does in fact have a weird odor (I had read this in a few different reviews and thought they were just crazy) and it had a tiny window in the corner with the view of the building next doors roof, I called down and asked if we could pay for an upgrade to a better room and I was given the response, “No honey we're booked up this evening sorry." Okay, I'll just deal with the room that I have then! So venturing around the room we notice they have a full length window next to the door that has measly wooden slat blinds over it. Our door and lovely full length window face the 2nd floor's small "sitting area" in which every afternoon/evening/morning there are at least 7+ people sitting in eating their breakfast or drinking and chatting. This is unsettling to me because the wooden slats are not sufficient coverage for the window especially when people are just seated facing our room. This also caused an issue when I tried to take an afternoon nap due to a headache, it was impossible to take a nap or even hear the TV over the amount of people in the sitting area enjoying their afternoon wine ( a little too much ) and being extremely loud. This also was a problem in the early AM when everyone is told to bring their breakfast down to the "sitting area" if it's too cold on the balcony ( of course it is ) on the 4th floor where breakfast is served. The whole set up of the hotel seems off to me. It's like having a bunch of company over and they're sitting outside of your bedroom waiting for you. It's uncomfortable. My husband accidentally forgot his room key one evening after running out to the car and I went to open the door to let him in while in my PJ's and I had a room full of people staring at me. The positioning of the rooms and sitting area is the biggest complaint to me. The loud people I can look over and assume it was just a onetime thing but it was every night with different people and again every morning while they were eating their breakfast. Don't even assume for a minute that you'll be able to sleep until 8. A few other mentionables.....Upon arriving back into our room after venturing out into the town for lunch the floor in the bathroom was full of water and the bathtub had dirty brown water all in it. We called for maintenance and they came assuming it was the toilet. IT WASN'T. It was from the ceiling leaking from the night before's rain storm. The shower curtain was brownish on the bottom, the soap holder had mold on the bottom of it. The day of check out, the rude house keeping staff knocked at our door twice in one hour to ask if we were checking out. YES AT 11! Upon knocking the second time she said oh, you're still here? Yes its 945, I'm still here! It seems the whole place needed a cleaning and upgrade in the staffing department. We stayed at the Harbour View Inn in Charleston last year around the same time and it was 100 times better than here. Don't waste your money or time wishing you booked a room somewhere else, DO IT!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Macusack7
AndrewPinckneyInn, General Manager at Andrew Pinckney Inn, responded to this review, 27 February 2010
I am very disappointed that you encountered various issues during your stay here at the Andrew Pinckney Inn. I can guarantee that your experience was an atypical stay for a guest here at the Andrew Pinckney Inn.

I took the time to review all the issues you mentioned so that we could take corrective steps where needed. We strive to not only meet but exceed our guest's expectations here at the Andrew Pinckney Inn. And we very much welcome your comments and suggestions. I will not offer excuses for any of the issues that you encountered during your stay but please keep in mind that sometimes there are uncontrollable circumstances that happen especially when dealing with other guest that are not as thoughtful as yourself and maintenance issues that occurred due to an act of God ie.the unusual rain storm that took place prior to your arrival.

We hope that you will visit with us again in the near future so that you may experience a most pleasant stay that the Andrew Pinckney Inn is know for in Charleston!
South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2010

We love the Andrew Pinckney Inn and always choose to stay there beacuse of the central location, comfortable rooms and friendly staff. Will see you again soon!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for taking the time to post thoughts of your recent stay here at the Andrew Pinckney Inn. The townhouse is a wonderful suite as you mentioned but it does require taking a flight of stairs to your entrance. We suggest that when staying with us again in the future to inquire about our King Jacuzzi Suite or King Deluxe Junior Suite. Both of those suites are located in our Church Street Building which houses an elevator and flight of stairs.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Regards,
Barry Hutto
Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2010

The Pinckney is located near all the attractions in Charleston. We had a suite, but there are lots of stairs!! Stairs to get to the room and then stairs to get to the bedroom. The regular rooms may be easier to get to. There is a refrigerator and microwave in the room.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
Winston-Salem, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2010

Our most recent stay at the Andrew Pinckney was about our 5th or 6th stay at this hotel. We have visited Charleston at least once a year for the last 20 years or so and wish we had discoverred this gem sooner. During our most recent stay, we had a problem with our room and the desk clerk quickly and without hesitation moved us to another, superior room. The entire staff is very friendly, helpful, and professional. I believe that the Andrew Pinckney is by far the best value in Charleston..

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share comments of your recent stay with us at the Andrew Pinckney Inn. We greatly appreciate your patronage and look to contiue offering you the finest service and accommodations when visiting the Charleston Area.

Regards,