“I will be going back”

Andrew Pinckney Inn
Ranked #20 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 16 January 2011

I booked this hotel for 3 nights and 4 days after finding it on the Charleston Tourist website. It was absolutely delightful.... I found the staff very helpful and friendly when it came to recommending restaurants, and also booked some tours for me as well... the rooms were clean, nicely appointed, and right within walking distance of everything you might want to see ( I like to walk a lot , and if you eat at some of these restaurants, you need to as well) The price was very reasonable given the location. The breakfast served hit the spot, but most of all the view on the rooftop terrace was the best... I did not rent a car and glad that I did not, there's really no need for it

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 12 January 2011

This Inn is in a very walking friendly area on the peninsula, Close to shops and restaurants. The staff is extremely professional and courteous!

The lobby is beautiful with exposed brick walls and tea and cookies!
It is a historic Inn so it leans a little and the stairs are a bit crooked. These things add to the charm. The room was decorated very well. Cozy, tasteful!
The bed was really really comfortable!
The price paid was very fair for the room...$119 in January,
This included continental breakfast on a roof top deck. There was no one around to assist or ask questions and they had the trash can outside when it was about 30 degrees but it was quite nice.
Now the not so nice part......
There was quite a bit of dust on the baseboards and under the bench and chair. There was dust on the granite bathroom back splash(above the sink) too.
We got absolute minimal sleep. On the third floor it sounded like our window was open to the street noise: Ambulances, people coughing and coming home from the clubs nearby....
The windows are old so they are not very soundproof.
The room smelled like tar rubber...not sure if that came from the street too.
We heard the upstairs folks walking in heels and then having an "intimate time" later in the night, we heard the next door neighbors having a lover's quarrel.
We called down to the desk and they were very sympathetic.
The noise subsided a bit after that.
The shower curtain was stained with a smudge right at toilet level- needed washing or disposal.
In the morning upon checkout they adjusted our rate to $79 which was very kind.
I would be torn to stay again....maybe if I brought earplugs.
There were some really good points about the place though....
maybe for younger, partying people......

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2011

My particular reason for writing a review is to describe some special care we received while at this hotel. One of our friends with whom we were traveling became ill during our stay and was hospitalized briefly. I was very impressed with the care and concern of the staff during this time. They also showed great flexibility in allowing some of us to stay on for another night, and others to check out late -- all because of this unexpected development. Everything turned out well in the end, but I will always remember the special care given to us during that time, and during our entire stay.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2011

I have been visiting Charleston for the past 15 years and stayed in a good number of hotels in the historic district until I discovered the Andrew Pinckney Inn. Beautifully furnished rooms,very clean and the most friendly and helpful staff I have ever met, specially Sandy and Barry. The complementary breakfast is delicious and plentiful, and the casserole dish is cooked by our Sandy ( what a great cook he is ). I have stayed at this hotel for 5 consecutives years, and have never been dissapointed. They make me feel so welcome. Looking forward to my next visit. Would never dream of staying any where else. Visit them and I know you will agree with me.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 January 2011

We recently stayed at the Andrew Pinckney Inn in historic Charleston. It is ideally situated for walking tours of historic Charleston. The room was small but very clean and the bed was excellent. The downside was that the hotel is on a street that backs up to restaurants and other places of business and they apparently receive deliveries starting at 4 AM. We know because we heard ALL of them. The continental breakfast is the usual line-up - nothing spectacular EXCEPT that it is on the rooftop of one of the buildings and you get to eat outside irregardless of weather.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2010

We had a thoroughly delightful time over Christmas. We found the staff helpful and friendly and able to make good suggestions (such as returning our rental car as it was needed). The sunny room itself was large and overlooked the street, but the gentle clopping of horse hooves every once in a while was soothing, and added to the ambiance of historical Charleston. The beds were extremely comfortable. The breakfast is served in a beautiful location but was outside, and freezing cold. Put something out on the patio to warm the diners, who all congregate on the second (inside) floor lounge area. Imagining Spring and Summer, the deck would be awesome, but in Winter, it is dang cold! The breakfast was not as marvelous as I was expecting but was filling and had all bases covered with fruit and decaf coffee. The sausage gravy was tasteless. Upon leaving early in the morning, the bill had not been divided as we had requested, and the staff on duty was unable to modify it. However, these are small complaints and the overall experience was great.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank olygirl49
Reviewed 27 December 2010

I booked a "package" deal online for my daughter's honeymoon in charleston, when they arrived at the hotel, they refused to honor the deal! The snide little clerk even followed the wedding party outside telling us how WE made a mistake, then the hotel manager contacted me to tell me the same thing. Funny, I booked similar packages for the rest of the wedding party at the King Charles Inn, for a similar price, and when we arrived, King Charles had it all ready to go, NO PROBLEMS! My daughter's big request for her wedding was a carriage ride with her new husband, and i certainly would have booked this elsewhere, had i known that this hotel's advertising was so deceptive. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME HERE-there are plenty of other great hotels in the historic district that cost the same, and you will have a great stay at one of them! We are all completely disgusted and disappointed with Andrew Pinckney. And you have to pay for parking.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple