-The location is perfect. It was just a minute or two walk to some of the best restaurants in town.
-The view is fantastic. We stayed on the fourth floor in a "penthouse suite."
-No one asked us if we needed help with luggage when we arrived or offered to show us to our room.
-The fourth floor hallway had a strong sewage smell when we arrived. Ew.
-We stayed in room 402 advertised as a "penthouse suite." If this was a penthouse suite, then I'll eat my shoe. The room was small, the bathroom was very small and the 'balcony' was a stained concrete extension that barely fit two worn outdoor chairs.
-The hotel is aging poorly and is in need of a renovation. Examples include threadbare/frayed bedding, worn and sun-bleached furnishings, one robe had a large tear in the side and both were threadbare. Do you sense a theme?
-People who travel relatively often will understand this- I hate it when a hotel room is full of little signs telling me how and what I can and cannot do. This is one of those places.
-The doors are extremely thin. You can hear everything that is happening in the hallway and vice versa.
-The hotel sounds nice on paper with lots of perks. Included breakfast, tea, wine, cookies. They obviously are aware that the hotel is sliding quickly and are doing everything they can to keep people happy and coming through the door at minimal cost. Emphasis on minimal. We did not find any of the add-ons worth partaking in after giving each a try our first day- the breakfast was not edible, the wine was undrinkable, etc.
Charleston is a lovely city and I'm looking forward to returning. The Harbourview has one of the best hotel locations in town but I would not stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy unparalleled service and signature amenities from this AAA Four-Diamond and Condé Nast "Gold List Award" luxury hotel. Panoramic views, vast atriums and beautifully appointed guest rooms - some with private balconies, working fireplaces, and whirlpool tubs - await your arrival. From the moment you enter one of the most historic hotels in Charleston, SC, you will find modern features and services, old world charm and unpretentious Southern hospitality. The waterfront and atrium lobbies are reminiscent of Charleston's early years as a colonial nautical trading hub. They offer the perfect setting for idle reflection, a glass of wine or just the refined sport of people watching. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Harbourview Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbourview Hotel Charleston
- Harbour View Inn Charleston