“Debated”

Harbourview Inn
Ranked #5 of 62 Hotels in Charleston
“Debated”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We so debated -having read reviews for both - between this hotel and its sister a few blocks over but did not regret our choice. I guess we would have to try the other to compare however, I cannot see what would draw one from this Inn. The location was great, the view was very nice and fun to watch the crowd, not loud during this month.
We were there 3 nights and did get a bit tired of the same breakfast even though you get several choices each choice was always the same.
Overall we were very pleased with the cleanliness, room size, view and friendly staff.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hope_star78
AGM-HarbourViewInn, Guest Relations Manager at Harbourview Inn, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Dear Hope_Star78,

Thank you for sharing your experience of a friendly staff, beautiful views and a convenient location in Historic Charleston. On behalf of the entire HarbourView Inn team, we appreciate you sharing your experience with future travelers. We hope we to accommodate and serve you again on a return visit to Charleston and we send our best to you and your family.

Please do not hesitate to contact me anytime and it will be my pleasure to assist you.

HarbourView Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (471)
gurnee, il
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stayed three nights at Harbourview Inn in a King Harbourside room (#112). I had AAA discount and before we left the price of our room had gone down. I called and they modified my room rate. The room was close to the breakfast/wine and cheese and sitting area. Also on the same floor as check in, yet is was very quiet. The bed--incredible. My husband and I LOVED the bed. I love that we were literally next to waterfront park and I was able to run across the street and catch the sunrise on the pier. We did move to the French Quarter Inn our last two nights since when I booked Harbourview did not have all five nights available. Personally based on price, the type of room we had and location I would prefer the Harbourview. The staff at the French Quarter were incredible, but our room had no view and the bed--well we were spoiled. The bathroom at French Quarter was HUGE though. I think the breakfasts at both were pretty much the same. As was the cheese and wine spread. Plus the French Quarter was about a third more than the Harbourview in room rate--and that was King at Harbourview and two queen room at FQ.

5 Thank Shell1766
Dear Shell1766,

I am thrilled to receive such a detailed review of your experience in Historic Charleston. I am happy to see our front desk team was efficient in helping you with the best available rate and it is great to see you enjoyed your HarbourSide accommodations. HarbourView Inn’s location is hard to beat in Historic Charleston and it is nice to see you took advantage of our convenient location by watching the sun rise over Water Front Park. Thank you for sharing your comparison of our sister property, the French Quarter Inn. Both properties offer great experiences, and we are thrilled to be a top choice of yours. We hope we can accommodate you again in the future and we send our best to you in Illinois.

Columbus
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My wife, daughter and I enjoyed every minute of our stay at The Habour View Inn. The hotel was charming, clean and quiet. The accommodations couldn't have been nicer- the most comfortable beds ever . I had the rare experience of getting a great night's sleep in a hotel room-something that rarely happens when I travel. The room was spotlessly clean and beautifully furnished. We felt right at home. Breakfasts on the roof top patio were such a nice way start to each day. All the staff were so kind and courteous to us and they were attentive to all our needs. Everyone was so pleasant and helpful- we really appreciated this. The hotel location is wonderful with everything being so close by. We're already looking forward to our next visit there.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Robert B
Dear Robert B,

I am thrilled your family enjoyed the charm of the HarbourView Inn. On behalf of the entire team, we appreciate you complementing our housekeeping service, our hard working front desk team and our entire team as a whole. We are fortunate to have you share your wonderful experience of our convenient location in Historic Charleston and our specialized services with future travelers. We cannot wait to host you again on a return visit to Charleston, and we send our best to you in Columbus.

Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel was close to the water, restaurants and the historic French quarter. I loved the design and feel of the hotel. The price is a little steep, but if you have a little extra cash spend it at this hotel. I won't be staying anywhere else when I return to charleston.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lindy Y
Dear Lindy Y,

I am ecstatic to see you enjoyed HarbourView Inn’s setting in Historic Charleston. On behalf of the entire team, we appreciate you sharing your experience with future travelers and we are happy you felt our hotel was an attractive place to stay. We hope you enjoyed all of our services and our beautiful city, and we hope to accommodate you again in the future.

Goose Creek, South Carolina
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Spent the weekend to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. The room had a balcony and harbor view. Gorgeous room, and view. Enjoyed the roof top patio, and the room in breakfast. Very costly stay, but well worth it. The city that wed us 10 years ago, love Charleston!

Room Tip: Our harbor view room on the fourth floor, enjoyed every minute. Very quiet
1 Thank queenofthecreek
Dear QueenOfTheCreek,

Happy Anniversary and thank you for sharing your experience at the HarbourView Inn with us and future travelers. On behalf of the entire team, we appreciate your complements of great views from your balcony and our specialized services. October is a peak season and one may find better rates in December and January. We are thrilled Charleston is a special place for you and we hope we may accommodate you again in the future. We send our best to you in Goose Creek.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Great view from our harbor view room! It had french doors that opened to a Juliette balcony, which was perfect for the wonderful weather. The entire staff was very friendly. Especially Jessica and Grant. Stacey, our housekeeper was very attentive to detail and our room was spotless when we returned.

Room Tip: Even if your room doesn't have a direct view, keep in mind that there is a roof top terrace with...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Likalab
Dear Likalab,

Thank you for your review and especially for complementing Jessica, Grant and Stacey. They are true assets to the HarbourView Inn team and I know they appreciate these kind remarks. I am happy you enjoyed our convenient location, our beautiful views and the cool breeze from the French doors. We hope to accommodate you again on a future visit to Historic Charleston.

White Lake, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We arrived with no reservations, that's the way we travel. Spent three nights and enjoyed the accommodation, the room was clean ,the bed was comfortable and the staff was helpful with dinner recommendations ,etc.
The evening manager Marcus Bentel treated us first class, made our reservations for dinner and even met us for wine later that evening. This is a person who should be in the hotel bis, he take's care of customers and seams to enjoy it.

Room Tip: Bring your bicycles and ride around town
Dear Anthony M,

It is always wonderful to hear complements of our front desk team, and I know Marcus appreciates your commendations. Our service team is truly our greatest asset in providing a quality experience. On behalf of the entire staff, thank you for sharing your experience of politeness, comfort and our beautiful city. We hope to accommodate you again in the future and we send our best to you in Michigan.