“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #5 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I was very excited about our stay at the Harbourview Inn after reading about it on here and by what I read on their website. Like most places, it has pros and cons.

When we got there, it was a little confusing on where to park. We pulled into the loading zone and the valet guy tapped on our window. He asked our last name and mentioned that check in was at 3 - it was 2:30. Our room was ready though, so he helped us get our luggage out and informed us of how the valet parking worked. We were under the impression that we had no choice and we had to do the valet parking here. When I checked in, there was a box that said yes or no for valet parking. Well, the guy had already taken my car and given me a valet stub, so I marked yes. FYI, it's $20 a day for valet parking.

When we entered our room, I was shocked at how small it was for the price we were paying. The balcony was tiny and had two bar stool chairs that weren't very comfortable. I was expecting more. However, the bathroom was nice, the snacks / beverages were good, and the bed was great. Our room had a great view. We were on the fourth floor and right in front of the pier - our view was unobstructed. Looking at the balconies around us, I can see how some people would be upset with their view. A building blocked the view of most of the balconies I could see and it wouldn't be any better on the lower floors. I guess we got lucky on this.

The wine & cheese was great and the milk & cookies were even better! The breakfast was filling, but you don't have many options. Please note, if you choose the cereal option, "seasonal fruit" is a banana. I was expecting a bowl of fruit or something. They also had some pastries down in the lobby that were good. You have to get there early though, as they go quickly. We opted to have breakfast in our room and they were always on time.

The staff was friendly and they were willing to help us anytime we had to call the front desk. No complaints on the staff or service at all.

Overall, it was a good stay.

1 Thank Brooke T
AGM-HarbourViewInn, Guest Relations Manager at Harbourview Inn, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Dear Brooke T,

We appreciate your sincere review of the HarbourView Inn. On behalf of the entire team, we would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us and future travelers. Our Grand HarbourView rooms are the only room type with top floor locations and balconies with beautiful views of the Historic Charleston Harbor, and we are happy you enjoyed the view. It is important for us to offer services such as Wine & Cheese and Cookies & Milk to make our guests feel at home. We appreciate the feedback regarding our breakfast options, as guests’ feedback is the most valuable in our dedication to continually improve our services. We hope to accommodate you again in the future and we send our best to you in Chattanooga.

Please do not hesitate to contact me anytime and it will be my pleasure to assist you.

HarbourView Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (463)
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We stayed in a King's Guest Suite last night, and everything about the Harbourview Inn was fantastic. The Bellmen were all very friendly! Marcus checked us in, and he was super, super nice. He went out of his way to personally make sure that the bottle of champagne I had dropped off earlier that day made it to our room upon arrival. He was very accommodating and genuine. We had wine, cheese, and champagne on the roof, and listened to live Jazz music while looking at the spectacular view of downtown Charleston and the ocean. Our room had an adorable Princess Balcony which overlooked the street, and the room was very cozy and clean.
I was experiencing some credit card issues when we were checking out, and the staff could not have been more helpful and understanding. Lisa, Sabrina, and Drew the assistant manager need to be recognized for their remarkable customer service.
We will definitely return to this hotel in the near future. Great service, perfect atmosphere.

Dear CCraver,

I am ecstatic to have you share your great experience with the HarbourView Inn and all of our great service team members. Our team is our greatest asset and I know Marcus, Lisa and Sabrina appreciate your kind remarks. I am happy you enjoyed our complimentary services, our unbeatable views and our clean accommodations. We hope to accommodate you again in the future and we send our best to you in beautiful Hilton Head Island.

VA
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I recently spent one night at this hotel and of course, it was as fantastic as my other two stays. I didn't have a reservation since I wasn't for sure if I would be in the area or not but was quickly given a room (with free parking!). My friend and I were even allowed to check into our two-queen bed room prior to the 3 p.m. check in time (The beds are the best in the world!).

This room didn't have a view (we had the 'dreaded' view of the small power station that is behind the hotel)...but you know what? It didn't matter! Who goes to Charleston to stay in their room anyway?? The room was very clean (as always), the bathroom well stocked, good temperature control (I sometimes have an issue with that in a lot of hotels I stay in), breakfast was served hot and on time, the free snacks are a nice touch, location can't be beat, the staff is very friendly and helpful...I could go on and on about this hotel. It is honestly my now all-time favorite property!! I plan on returning soon!

Room Tip: All rooms are great! Even the ones without a 'view'.
Dear Ngwife2,

I am thrilled HarbourView Inn has become your favorite property after several visits. We are happy you enjoy our great location, complimentary services, and a very special thank you for complementing our hard working service team; they are truly our greatest asset. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us and future travelers. We look forward to hosting you for any return visits, and we send our best to you in Virginia.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 13 November 2013

The Harbourview is an intimate, quaint hotel with an ideal location. Across the street is the pier and it is very fun to walk to in the evening to look out at the sky. The complementary breakfast and cocktail hour makes one travel more like home. You don't have to leave the hotel to get breakfast and you can plan your day with a cup of coffee. It is expensive but based on the area it is very inline and makes your visit a vacation.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jane D
Dear Jane D,

Thank you for sharing your kind review of the HarbourView Inn. On behalf of the entire team, we appreciate your comments and we are all thrilled you enjoyed our convenient location in Historic Charleston and our complimentary services such as continental breakfast delivery and our wine & cheese reception. We hope to accommodate you again in the future and we send our best to you in St. Louis.

New London
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

We travel to Charleston every year. We have stay in many places but our most favorite is Harbourview Inn. The rooms are very lovely with period pieces. We usually stay in the Historic rooms, with brick walls very large rooms with chaise lounge and tables and chairs. Beds are very comfortable. Great staff. You can get your breakfast in your room, wine and cheese in the afternoon and cookies and milk in the evening. Where could you go wrong here. It's a must stay!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
AGM-HarbourViewInn, Guest Relations Manager at Harbourview Inn, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Dear Kcbosslady,

How thrilling to be your favorite place in Historic Charleston! On behalf of the entire HarbourView Inn team, we appreciate you sharing your experience with us and future travelers. We are pleased you enjoyed our cozy rooms, comfortable Tempur Pedic beds, and all of our complimentary services. We hope to accommodate you again in the future and we send our best to you in New London.

Palm Beach Gardens
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I actually tried over 20 bed and breakfasts for a spur of the moment road trip up to Charleston, all were sold out. One of them recommended the Harborview Inn. I got the last room. I didn't realize what great luck that was until we arrived. Perfect location! Right in middle of all the action! Our room was ready early. The best mattress that I have ever slept on, we are going to order one for our home. The little extras ,such as a great breakfast , which we had on the rooftop terrace, wine and cheese in the afternoon and milk and cookies at night. It was a perfect weekend getaway! We couldn't have been mre pleased. We would defiantly recommend this Inn!

Room Tip: Next time we would book earlier and request a balcony room.
1 Thank Winegril561
AGM-HarbourViewInn, Guest Relations Manager at Harbourview Inn, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Dear Winegril561,

I am always thrilled to see our guests take advantage of HarbourView Inn’s “Perfect Location.” On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for sharing your experience of complimentary rooftop breakfast, comfortable Tempur Pedic beds, and all of our other services and amenities. We are happy you had a wonderful weekend getaway and we hope we can accommodate you again in the future. We send our best to you in Palm Beach Gardens.

Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 10 November 2013

My husband and I stayed two nights this past weekend. The rooms were very nice and clean. The wine and cheese on the rooftop and breakfast delivered to the room are really special touches. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. I would certainly stay here again.

1 Thank FROMOMAHANEBRASKA
Dear FROMOMAHANEBRASKA,

On behalf of the entire HarbourView Inn team, we appreciate you sharing your experience with us and future travelers. We are happy you enjoyed all of our complimentary services and amenities as it is important for us to provide such services to provide a sense of ease and comfort. We hope we may accommodate you again in the future, and we send our best to you in Omaha.