I was very excited about our stay at the Harbourview Inn after reading about it on here and by what I read on their website. Like most places, it has pros and cons.
When we got there, it was a little confusing on where to park. We pulled into the loading zone and the valet guy tapped on our window. He asked our last name and mentioned that check in was at 3 - it was 2:30. Our room was ready though, so he helped us get our luggage out and informed us of how the valet parking worked. We were under the impression that we had no choice and we had to do the valet parking here. When I checked in, there was a box that said yes or no for valet parking. Well, the guy had already taken my car and given me a valet stub, so I marked yes. FYI, it's $20 a day for valet parking.
When we entered our room, I was shocked at how small it was for the price we were paying. The balcony was tiny and had two bar stool chairs that weren't very comfortable. I was expecting more. However, the bathroom was nice, the snacks / beverages were good, and the bed was great. Our room had a great view. We were on the fourth floor and right in front of the pier - our view was unobstructed. Looking at the balconies around us, I can see how some people would be upset with their view. A building blocked the view of most of the balconies I could see and it wouldn't be any better on the lower floors. I guess we got lucky on this.
The wine & cheese was great and the milk & cookies were even better! The breakfast was filling, but you don't have many options. Please note, if you choose the cereal option, "seasonal fruit" is a banana. I was expecting a bowl of fruit or something. They also had some pastries down in the lobby that were good. You have to get there early though, as they go quickly. We opted to have breakfast in our room and they were always on time.
The staff was friendly and they were willing to help us anytime we had to call the front desk. No complaints on the staff or service at all.
Overall, it was a good stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy unparalleled service and signature amenities from this AAA Four-Diamond and Condé Nast "Gold List Award" luxury hotel. Panoramic views, vast atriums and beautifully appointed guest rooms - some with private balconies, working fireplaces, and whirlpool tubs - await your arrival. From the moment you enter one of the most historic hotels in Charleston, SC, you will find modern features and services, old world charm and unpretentious Southern hospitality. The waterfront and atrium lobbies are reminiscent of Charleston's early years as a colonial nautical trading hub. They offer the perfect setting for idle reflection, a glass of wine or just the refined sport of people watching. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Harbourview Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbourview Hotel Charleston
- Harbour View Inn Charleston