“Birthday Trip”
Review of Harbourview Inn

Harbourview Inn
Ranked #5 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 15 December 2013

The hotel is very quaint and in a great location to walk to all the restaurants and shops. The rooms are clean, large and comfortable. We did not have a harbor view because this was a last minute trip, but we had a very quiet room. The staff was very attentive and friendly. They even had a bottle of wine waiting for us for my husband's birthday. Very special extra touch! When we visit Charleston in the future, we will stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
AGM-HarbourViewInn, Guest Relations Manager at Harbourview Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

Dear NCCatwoman,

I am thrilled the HarbourView Inn could be a part of your special trip, and we send a belated Happy Birthday wish to you! On behalf of the entire team, we appreciate you sharing your experience with us and future travelers of Historic Charleston. We are happy you enjoyed the sparkling wine, our cozy accommodations and our friendly personal service. We welcome the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future and we send our best to you in Wilmington.

Please contact me directly if I may assist you in any way and it will be my pleasure to assist you.

There are newer reviews for Harbourview Inn

Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel does it right - combines great harbor view location with friendly staff and comfortable atmosphere - real value for the money. An easy walk or free bus to everything, or the staff will arrange transportation. We'll stay longer next time!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Stevetravel555,

I am pleased to hear you will be back to the HarbourView Inn next time you are in Historic Charleston. We welcome the opportunity to accommodate and serve you again in the future. On behalf of the entire HarbourView Inn team, we appreciate you spreading the word of our specialized services to future guest. We are happy you enjoyed the convenient location and our friendly personal service. We look forward to your next visit and we send our best to you in Florida.

Please do not hesitate to contact me anytime and it will be my pleasure to assist you.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Great hotel. Great location.
Our room had a wonderful view of the harbor.
Highly recommend it.
We spent three nights in Charleston.
Able to walk to great restaurants and shopping and the historic district.

Room Tip: Corner rooms - great light and great views.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
AGM-HarbourViewInn, Guest Relations Manager at Harbourview Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

Dear Kurt P,

We are happy you found the HarbourView Inn to be a great hotel in a great location in Historic Charleston. On behalf of the entire team, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience of great views and an ideal location with future travelers. We welcome the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future and we send our best to you in Denver.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

This hotel has always been a favorite of mine & I decided to take my soon to be bride Miss Mary there for a night on the town & stay at the hotel. The rooms are extremely clean, large & comfortable. The hotel lobby if very bright & cheery as are the front desk staff Miss Sabrina & Miss Lisa. Around 5pm there is a happy hour of cheese, crackers & wine for the guests with cookies & milk served around 9-10pm. The morning breakfast is adequate & can be delivered to the room, atrium or upstairs on the balcony. The hotel is directly across from the bay & only a few blocks to the market place & also Harris Teeters grocery store. This was a stay to celebrate our engagement & to our surprise a complimentary bottle of champagne arrived in our room after dinner. Give them a try, you will see why we are repeat guests.

Room Tip: Request a room on 2nd or 3rd floor overlooking the bay
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Ray R,

We are thrilled to be among your favorite hotels and congratulations on your engagement! HarbourView Inn is honored to be a part of this very special occasion. On behalf of the entire team, we appreciate you sharing your experience with us and future guests. We are glad you enjoyed the complimentary services, the sparkling wine delivery and our ideal location. Also, I especially thank you for the kind remarks of Lisa and Sabrina; they are true assets to our team. We hope to accommodate you again in the future and we send our best to you in Bluffton.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

I can't wait to go back to this place. From the moment I walked in to the moment I left, this hotel was an incredible experience. The staff is fabulous, everyone is so friendly. My room was clean, spacious, quiet, comfortable. I did not want to get out of bed. I ordered breakfast to be served in the atrium. I had no idea I would get a phone call telling me my breakfast would be served in 5 minutes. What a neat surprise. The bed was turned down and there was chocolate on the bed. Been a long time since I've had that. I have definitely found my new Charleston hotel. The location is just perfect too.

Room Tip: I was on the harbor side, perfect spot. My co-worker was on the other side and had a view of a tree...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Bjkennedy,

We cannot wait to host you on your next trip to Historic Charleston! On behalf of the entire HarbourView Inn team, we thank you for complementing our personal service and we are thrilled you enjoyed our cozy accommodations, the complimentary services and our ideal location. We hope to accommodate you again in the future and we send our best to you in Atlanta.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

My husband and I took a few days getaway to Charleston and stayed at this Inn for two nights. The staff is wonderful and very helpful with things to do and directions. The room was clean and comfortable. The most amazing thing is that you can order your breakfast the night before and they deliver it to your room so you can start your day out right. The afternoon cheese and wine was fantastic. We stayed right on the harbour view and it was fantastic. We did get rain so we missed out on alot, but that is one more reason to return to this beautiful inn.

Room Tip: select a room right on the harvour top floor....fantastic :)

Dear Debe704581,

I am delighted to see our service team was helpful with suggestions and directions. The HarbourView Inn service team is the most valued asset in delivering a quality service to our esteemed guests. We thank you for sharing your experience with future travelers of Historic Charleston. We are glad you enjoyed the complimentary services, the views and our cozy accommodations. We hope to accommodate you again in the future and we send our best to you in Florida.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

My friends and I stayed at the HarbourView Inn this past October. I have never had a more enjoyable experience. The inn was immaculate, beautifully decorated and the staff could not have been more friendly or helpful. Someone else mentioned how wonderful the beds were - absolutely the best! We had our choice of where we wanted to eat breakfast each morning - the view from the rooftop was wonderful. We made our selections the night before so our breakfast was there just when we wanted it to be. Another wonderful feature - the inn is close to everything! Can't wait to stay there again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear 690lovetotravel6,

Thank you for recalling your experience at the HarbourVIew Inn this past fall. On behalf of the entire team, we appreciate your kind remarks and we are happy you relished our personal service, complimentary services, and our fantastic location in Historic Charleston. We hope to accommodate you again in the future and we send our best to you and your family.