“Southern Hospitality”

Ranked #5 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Bangor, Maine
“Southern Hospitality”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

With an ice storm in New England our stay was unexpectedly extended until Christmas and the staff definitely made us feel at welcomed and comfortable. Great location, great rooms, great assistance with multiple details - in general a potentially stressful time ended up both relaxing and enjoyable.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Linda F
AGM-HarbourViewInn, Guest Relations Manager at Harbourview Inn, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Linda F,

I am delighted to hear your relaxing and enjoyable experience at the HarbourView Inn spelled Southern Hospitality during your trip to Historic Charleston. On behalf of the entire team, we appreciate your complements of the hard working service team and our cozy accommodations We hope to accommodate you again in the future and we send our best to you in Maine.

HarbourView Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (460)
Richardsville, Virginia
Reviewed 2 January 2014

The Harbourview Inn is in a superb location--a waterfront park is a stone's throw across the way, and it's an easy walk to shopping and restaurants. Check in was quick and efficient, and all of the staff were friendly and gave awesome advice on what to see and do in the area. I was there during the Christmas holiday and purchased their Home for the Holidays package. My room was decorated festively and I received chocolate covered strawberries my first night there--which were delicious! Another bonus were the chocolate chip cookies served warm every evening at 9pm, with pitchers of cold milk to go with it. I looked forward to it every evening. The beds were incredibly comfortable, which was a blessing and a curse---I didn't get to see a whole lot of Charleston because I slept in until late afternoon! Without question, I would come back for sure if I were to visit Charleston again.

Room Tip: Definitely get a harborview room if you can afford it. I booked the traditional room and got a view...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank CanelaCaribena
Dear CanelaCaribena,

I am overjoyed with your kind review! On behalf of the entire HarbourView Inn team, we thank you for sharing your experience with us and future travelers of Historic Charleston. We are happy you took advantage of our convenient location and enjoyed our cozy accommodations and our complimentary services. A very special thank you for complementing our hard working service team who is our most valuable asset in delivering a quality experience. We hope to accommodate you again in the future and we send our best to you in Raleigh.

Bangor, Maine
Reviewed 1 January 2014

the harbourview has one of the best locations in Charleston- waterfront park outside your door and walking distance to shops and restaurants.
The tempurpedic mattresses are great. wake up refreshed even after many hours of walking and exploring the city. Continental breakfast delivered to room is good - has limited variety.
Overall, very nice accommodations and we have stayed here several times and it has become our "go to " place in Charleston.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank zupare
Dear Zupare,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and future travelers. On behalf of the entire HarbourView Inn team, we appreciate you continuing to stay loyal to our accommodations. We are happy you enjoy our convenient location, cozy beds, and our complimentary services. We hope we may remain your go to place in Historic Charleston, and we send our best to you in Maine.

Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

We spent six lovely days in Charleston over Christmas week and made the Harborview Inn our home base and we would do it again in a heartbeat. We wanted some place within easy walking distance to the French Quarter without being in the middle of 'tourist central'. We booked their holiday package with a harborside view. The room was nicely appointed and decorated for the holidays, the nightly treats delivered during their turndown service were delicious (and fattening), the bed linens were so nice I wanted to take them home with me and last, but certainly not least, the breakfasts delivered to our room every day made for a terrfic start to our busy days. The staff was courteous, professional and attentive. We loved the proximity of the historic district as well as the tranquility of the parks nearby. Charleston is a beautiful city and we're so glad we made the Harborview Inn our home away from home. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed December 2013
AGM-HarbourViewInn, Guest Relations Manager at Harbourview Inn, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
Dear Twisted_Diva,

I am delighted to hear of your exceptional experience with the HarbourView Inn. On behalf of the entire team, we appreciate your kind remarks and thank you sincerely for sharing your experience of our holiday package, complimentary services, convenient location, and cozy accommodations to us and future travelers. We hope we may accommodate you again during another trip to Historic Charleston.

California
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

The location is fantastic. Walking distance to everywhere. The beds are comfortable although the rooms are on the small side. Breakfast is choice of a bowl of cereal, a roll, a bagel, or a cold egg. The evening cookies and wine were a nice touch. Downside, it cost us $400 a night for a view of the power plant and a peeling wall. Since we stayed at the hotel because it advertised the fantastic harbor view, it was very disappointing.

• Stayed December 2013
AGM-HarbourViewInn, Guest Relations Manager at Harbourview Inn, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Dear CAFamilyOf5,

I would like to thank you sincerely for taking the time to share your experience and feedback with us and future travelers. I am thrilled to see you took advantage of HarbourView Inn’s convenient location and found our accommodations to comfortable. However, it is our goal to provide a flawless experience to all of our guests, and I am saddened that we could not meet all of your expectations. Our dining options are rather limited with our space so we do not have a full service kitchen. We are proud to serve a complimentary continental breakfast that features pastries from a local bakery as well as breakfast parfaits, cereal, bagels, fruit and beverage options such as coffee, hot tea, milk and juice. For the best views, we recommend our HarbourView and Grand HarbourView rooms. Also, great views are found on our rooftop terrace and our main lobby.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your vacation in Historic Charleston. We would be happy to accommodate you in the future. Please contact me directly if I may assist you in any way and it will be my pleasure to assist you. We send our best to you and your family in California.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

We so enjoyed staying here in December for a few nights. Lovely rooms. The beds are so comfortable. Peaceful and quiet at night. We could actually enjoy a nice night of sleep compared to other places we have stayed. Breakfast is included w/ your room rate. They offer wine, cheese and crackers in the evening. No bar at the hotel but there are plenty of bars nearby off property. Also, no closets (only an armoire w/ small closet space). It suited us just fine and was plenty of space for our needs. Nice balcony and view of the harbor. We stayed in room 401. Lovely gas fireplace in the room. Loved being near the elevator (it did not disturb us in the least). The staff was very friendly. I would give this property a A+++ rating.

Room Tip: We loved room 401. 4th floor is their highest floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Cchilton,

Thank for your A+++ rating of the HarbourView Inn! On behalf of the entire team, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and future travelers. We are thrilled you enjoyed our complimentary services, our cozy accommodations and our convenient location in Historic Charleston. We hope to accommodate you again in the future, and we send our best to you and your family.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 29 December 2013

The location is sensational, Valet is worth having, Breakfast was very nice. The room we stayed in is worth 400 per night, i think that was a bit to pricey, Staff was excellent, accommodating and helpful. No pool, bathrooms are not 5 star. Ambiance is great.

Room Tip: No pool. No restaurant at hotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear GOLDY1958,

I am happy you took the time to share your review with us and future travelers of Historic Charleston. On behalf of the entire team, we appreciate your kind remarks of our personal service and all of our complimentary amenities and services. Although we do not have the space for a pool or a restaurant, we are glad to see you took advantage of our ideal location which is walking distance to dining, attractions and shopping. We hope to accommodate you again in the future, and we send our best to you in Atlanta.