“Charming and Elegant with a personal touch!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Harbourview Inn

Harbourview Inn
Ranked #6 of 60 Hotels in Charleston
St. Augustine, Florida
“Charming and Elegant with a personal touch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

From the moment we arrived.......it was perfect! Raining....pulled under the valet garage, and entered the Inn. Very prompt and friendly check in process. We left something in our vehicle, and went down to the garage. The valet was not there....but the manager was in his vehicle leaving. He stopped, got out of his car, and went back in to personally service our needs. The all day refreshments, wine and cheese reception, afternoon tea service and evening cookies and milk, over the top!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
AGM-HarbourViewInn, Guest Relations Manager at Harbourview Inn, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Deborah T,

I am delighted that you found the HarbourView Inn to be a charming and elegant experience while vacationing in Historic Charleston. On behalf of the entire team, we appreciate you spreading the word of our specialized services to future travelers, and we are happy you enjoyed all of our complimentary services. It is great to see you had an efficient check in process despite some rainy weather, and I have the hard working service team and management to thank for such great work. We hope to accommodate you again in the future and we send our best to you in the equally delightful and Historic St. Augustine.

Please contact me directly if I may assist you and it will be a pleasure to help.

HarbourView Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
Nashville, TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

The Harbourview Inn is a gem!
My sisters and I recently stayed at the Harbourview Inn to celebrate my 50th birthday. The staff were so welcoming and hospitable. Upon entering my room, I found a bottle of sparkling wine, chocolates and delicious chocolate covered pretzels. What a welcome!
From the evening wine and cheese, bedtime cookies and milk to the morning breakfast, the staff were attentive and eager to please. The first night, the box spring on my bed broke, causing a saggy mattress and poor night sleep. Drue, the manager, repaired the bed himself and then credited $100 to each of the rooms in my reservation.
In addition to the expert staff, the hotel is lovely. There is a quaint sitting area that is perfect for visiting . And the newly renovated bathrooms are a plus!
Finally, the location is perfect. The hotel is located across the street from the harbor. In the morning, we watched the dolphins while drinking coffee. All of the sites and restaurants are within easy walking distance.
Charleston is one of my favorite cities. The Harbourview Inn is my new favorite hotel in this charming city. I can't wait to return!

Room Tip: The rooms with a harbor view are great!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nashville_TNJill
Dear Nashville_TNJill,

Happy belated Birthday to you! It was a pleasure accommodating your friends and family during your birthday trip in Historic Charleston, and I am always happy to try my hand in the maintenance department. I am thrilled you enjoyed our perfect location, our unbeatable views and the complimentary amenities and services. A very special thank you for complimenting the hard working HarbourView Inn service team, who is the greatest asset in delivering such quality experiences. I know they appreciate your kind remarks. We look forward to accommodating you again in the future and we send our best to you in Nashville.

Owensboro, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

I recently had a group of 70 or so people stay at the Harbourview Inn last week. I can't express to you how wonderful the experience was and the high quality guest service we experienced. I worked with Sabrina to help plan the trip and she was amazing. She was always happy to answer any questions and reccommended great tours, places to eat, and travel accommodations. I didn't hear one complaint from our guest about the hotel. The view was amazing as well as the Tempur-pedic beds! I would highly reccommend anyone to stay and this hotel. You can not beat the location and hospitality!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kristina C
AGM-HarbourViewInn, Guest Relations Manager at Harbourview Inn, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Dear Kristina C,

On behalf of our entire team, we sincerely appreciate your kind remarks regarding your groups stay at the HarbourView Inn. I know there are many choices of hotels in Historic Charleston, and we are privileged to have provided accommodations to your group. I am happy everyone enjoyed our convenient location and views that only HarbourView Inn can offer. Also, I would like to send a very special thank you for complementing our hard working Group Rooms Coordinator, Sabrina. She is a great asset to our team, and I know she appreciates your kind remarks. We hope to accommodate you or your entire group again someday! We send our best to you in Kentucky.

Jacksonville, Florida, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

Very nice place with friendly staff. The breakfast was great and delivered to the room. Large rooms, perfect location for enjoying the market and local rooftop bars. The other perks of refreshments in the lobby throughout day and evening were also nice.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank heather008_1
Dear Heather008_1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and future travelers of Historic Charleston. On behalf of the entire HarbourView Inn team, we appreciate the kind words and we are all happy you enjoyed our complimentary amenities, the accommodations and ideal location in Historic Charleston. We hope to accommodate you again in the future and we send our best to you in Jacksonville.

New York City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

Professional and friendly, the cheerful staff of this wonderful mid-size hotel are always ready with helpful suggestions, local knowledge and smiling faces. Make sure to enjoy the complimentary wine and cheese daily at 5pm, either in the lobby overlooking the water or on the roof top terrace with it's panoramic views of downtowns' church steeples at sunset. The terrace is also a fine place to enjoy your delicious breakfast and morning newspaper if you prefer dining al fresco to your room or to the lobby by the fireplace. The rooms are inviting, comfortable and clean with modern amenities such as a small refrigerator, high-def TV, wifi and luxurious bedding. Located on historic Vendue Range, the Harbourview Inn is steps away from the waterfront park and around the corner from the city's best restaurants, shopping and the most wonderful Colonial era homes and cobblestone streets of the Battery and French quarter, Downtown's finest location staffed by friendly and efficient professionals make for a relaxing stay. All of that, afternoon tea, milk and scrumptious cookies before bedtime and M&Ms in the lobby; what a special and wonderful treat!

Room Tip: I've stayed in the lowest price room and also one of the Harbourview rooms with the fireplace an...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank wavus
AGM-HarbourViewInn, Guest Relations Manager at Harbourview Inn, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Wavus,

I am overjoyed that you have shared your wonderful experience of Southern Hospitality with future visitors of Historic Charleston. On behalf of the entire HarbourView Inn team, we appreciate your kind words regarding our complimentary services, our cozy accommodations and our ideal location and views that only the HarbourView Inn can offer. I send a very special thank you for commending our hard working service staff, whom without we could not deliver such quality experiences. It would be a pleasure to accommodate you again in the future and we send our best to you in the Big Apple.

Andrews, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!
Awesome location - right downtown on the harbor with parks in front of the Inn. It's also within a few blocks of fabulous restaurants, the shopping at the Market and the famous King Street!
Awesome room - very spacious and comfortable bed!
Awesome amenities - We LOVED the cookies and milk at night!

Room Tip: Harbour view was awesome! We were on the 1st floor and could hear the traffic outside, especially w...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AGM-HarbourViewInn, Guest Relations Manager at Harbourview Inn, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Dear KaraMerritt,

I cannot thank you enough for this glowing review, and we feel honored to be part of your special occasion! On behalf of the entire HarbourView Inn team, we appreciate you sharing your experience with us and future visitors of Historic Charleston. I am happy you took advantage of our ideal location and enjoyed our complimentary services and cozy accommodations. We hope to accommodate you again in the future and we send our best to you in Andrews.

Evanston, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

Good room, good location and a very attentive staff made our stay very pleasant. The staff in particular was friendly and helpful, Specifically Sabrina and Lisa went beyond normal expectations to provide assistance and guidance during our stay. Thanks.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Saulk2014,

I am thrilled you had a great stay at the HarbourView Inn while vacationing in Historic Charleston. I sincerely thank you for complementing our hard working service team, who is the most valued asset in delivering quality experiences to our guests. It is always thrilling to see a team member applauded by name, and I know Lisa and Sabrina appreciate your kind words. We hope to accommodate you again in the future and we send our best to you in Illinois.