“lovely hotel-location great!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 60 Hotels in Charleston
Cincinnati, Ohio
“lovely hotel-location great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

We recently stayed two nights at the Harborview Inn- would definitely go back. Great staff, very friendly and accommodating. Our room was really comfortable. Roof top nice but not extraordinary but they do have a complimentary cocktail hour which is nice! We've been to Charleston a few times and this a great spot, great location, walkable to many places.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank robin s
AGM-HarbourViewInn, Guest Relations Manager at Harbourview Inn, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear Robin S,

On behalf of the entire HarbourView Inn team, we thank you for all of your kind remarks regarding our cozy accommodations, complimentary services and our ideal location and views that only the HarbourView Inn can offer. Furthermore, I thank you for commending our friendly service team who is our greatest asset in delivering a quality experience. We hope to accommodate you again in the future and we send our best to you in Cincinnati.

Please contact me any time, and it will be my pleasure to assist you in any way.

HarbourView Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (445)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

We had a very nice time at this hotel, and would return. The room was comfy and clean. Loved the mattress and pillows, they were not the typical lumpy bumpy kind at a lot of hotels.
2 things bugged us given the high cost. There's no breakfast room, so they give the option of delivering the food to a few locations. We had it delivered to our room. The problem is that you have to decide by 11pm, what time you want delivery and what you want. This didn't work for us. We like to wake when we feel like it, and not have to make choices the night before. Having said that, we had no complaints with the food.
The roof top patio has no view of the Harbor unless you stand in one corner and peer over the concrete wall! There's no view while sitting on the sofas or at the tables. This was really weird given that we were told several times to make sure we visited the roof for the wonderful view.
Neither of us could fathom this. The best comfy view of the Harbor is from the 2 chairs facing out in the reception area.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank lizzyloopy59
Dear Lizzyloopy59,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and future travelers. On behalf of the entire HarbourView Inn team, we appreciate the kind remarks and we are thrilled you enjoyed our cozy accommodations and our services. For our On-The-Go guests that do not want to be held back by a breakfast delivery time, we offer a continental breakfast buffet in our Atrium each morning with fruit, pastries, juice and coffee. Furthermore, our rooftop terrace's view may be hindered when sitting and enjoying our comfortable patio furniture, but the terrace does offer a beautiful view of the Charleston Harbor and the many inspiring views of historic Steeples and Spires. Moreover, we hope you enjoyed Historic Charleston and we hope to accommodate you again in the future. I send my best to you and your family in Philadelphia.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

Only stayed for 1 night but thoroughly enjoyed. The room was large with nice seating and a comfortable king sized bed. The shower controls confused us a little. The bathroom was large. Everything was clean and modern. We faced Vendue St. and the noise kept going until about 11:00 P.M. but not too bad. Everyone was very friendly.

They have milk and cookies in the later evening. There is wine, crackers etc at 5 and a great rooftop terrace to enjoy them. Breakfast was delivered to the room and was very good. The terrace overlooks the harbour with a great view. The hotel is accessible to almost all attractions with little walking.

Highly recommend.

1 Thank Caribbeancrazy243
AGM-HarbourViewInn, Guest Relations Manager at Harbourview Inn, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Caribbeancrazy243,

It is so great to have such a nice review from an experienced traveler. On behalf of the entire HarbourView Inn team, I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with future visitors. I am glad you took advantage of our location in Historic Charleston which places one only a block away from some of the best restaurants and walking distance to shopping and attractions. Also, I am happy you enjoyed our beautiful views and our complimentary services. We hope to accommodate you again during your next visit to Historic Charleston. We send our best to you in Winnipeg.

Blairsville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

We stayed two nights at the Harbourview. The staff was incredible from the bell hop, the front desk, and the cleaning staff. Each person that my husband and I came in contact with were so friendly and willing to go above and beyond to make our stay as nice as possible. The room was fantastic. I have absolutely no complaints. We will definitely visit this hotel the next time we are in Charleston. Couldn't be happier!

1 Thank Shawn M
AGM-HarbourViewInn, Guest Relations Manager at Harbourview Inn, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Dear Shawn M,

I am thrilled you found the HarbourView Inn to be simply the best. On behalf of the entire team, we appreciate you helping spread the word of our specialized services to future visitors of Historic Charleston. I would like to sincerely thank you for commending our hard working service team who is the most valuable asset when it comes to delivering a quality experience. We are happy you enjoyed the cozy accommodations too, and we hope to accommodate you again in the future. We send our best to you and your family in Georgia.

Please contact me directly any time and it will be my pleasure to assist you in any way.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

The rooms are clean and well maintained. Every employee we dealt with was friendly and helpful. The rooftop patio is a great place to relax. There's a beer store 5mins walk from the hotel so pack a small cooler and head on up to the rooftop. Breakfast delivered to the room or patio is another great amenity. My kids loved the complimentary M&Ms and cookies. I liked that we were walking distance to everywhere.

The only ding I can give is the AC seemed to have two modes - cold or hot. It wasn't much of an issue for us but your comfort level may vary.

The "could improve" is they could install a few extra towel hooks in the bathroom. When a family of four share a bathroom, space is needed to hang up the towels so they dry out (and they are nice, thick towels). We ended up gettng new towels daily because no one wants to use a damp towel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank John B
Dear John B,

I am pleased you shared your experience with us and future visitors of Historic Charleston. On behalf of the entire HarbourView Inn team, we appreciate your kind remarks and we are thrilled that you took advantage of our ideal location and enjoyed our complimentary services. Moreover, a very special thank you for complimenting our hard working service team; I know they appreciate your commendations. Also, I am happy to report that as part of an update we will renovate our bathrooms and swap out our existing thermostats with digitally controlled thermostats. Thank you for this 5 star review despite these few issues which will help in our dedication to continually improve our services. We hope to accommodate you again and we send our best to you in Raleigh.

Washington, DC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

The location, down by the waterfront in the French Quarter is terrific and the staff are very friendly. There are some nice amenities, like valet parking, an evening wine and cheese reception and a continental breakfast delivered to your room that are included in the room rate. The tempur-pedic mattresses are unbeatable. The evening rooftop lecture by a local historian - which coincides with the wine and cheese reception - is wonderful. So why am I giving this hotel only three stars? Aside from the great mattresses, the physical property seems like a well-appointed Holiday Inn. All the extras don't make up for the fact that it's an ordinary hotel charging extraordinary prices.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank pwrstr
Dear Pwrstr,

I thank you for taking the time to share your candid review with us and future travelers. Our guests’ feedback is most valuable in our dedication to continually improve our services. On behalf of the entire HarbourView Inn team, we appreciate your kind remarks regarding our friendliness, and we are thrilled you took advantage of our valet parking and enjoyed our views and convenient location in Historic Charleston. Also, we are glad you enjoyed the cozy accommodations and the complimentary services such as our Skyline Tour. I know our local Historian, Brian with Charleston Sole, will appreciate these compliments. Furthermore, we are in a peak season and I can assure our rates are competitive with other local hotels. I would recommend a slower season such as late summer or December and January for the best available rates. We are lucky to have favorable weather most of the year. Also, I do believe you would be pleased with our upcoming updates including bathroom renovations, and we hope for the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future. We send our best to you in Washington DC, and please do not hesitate to contact me anytime. It will be my pleasure to assist you.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

The rooms were very nice, employees friendly and helpful. Enjoyed the complimentary breakfast, wine and cheese, and cookies and milk. The location is excellent, putting you within walking distance of so many things. Definitely check out the rooftop views at sunset and sunrise. A few problems though.....one of the lamps in the room didn't work. Another was a three way lamp but only had a single voltage bulb in it. Annoying. The tub drain was very, very slow. The thermostat didn't seem to work well as the room was alternately too hot and too cold. The pillows are also awful. That said, this is an outstanding hotel and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Christy N
AGM-HarbourViewInn, Guest Relations Manager at Harbourview Inn, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Dear Christy N,

On behalf of the entire HarbourView Inn team, we appreciate you sharing with us your experience and feedback. I am thrilled you enjoyed our accommodations, complimentary amenities and ideal location. Moreover, I thank you for your kind remarks of our hard working team, who is the greatest asset in delivering quality experiences. I know they appreciate your commendations. Additionally, your feedback is most valuable in our dedication to continually improve our accommodations and services, and we thank you for sharing this with us so we may notify the proper department to improve in these areas. We hope to accommodate you again in the future so we may showcase our upcoming improvements such as updated bathrooms and new thermostats.