Harbourview Inn
French Quarter Inn(Charleston)
US$373
US$352
  • Breakfast included
Francis Marion Hotel(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$246
US$228
US$217
Official Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express Charleston(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$135
2,225 results
All reviewscookies and milkwine and cheesewaterfront parkrooftop terracehistoric wingharbour viewharbourview roomm mswithin walking distancetempurpedic mattressbreakfast delivered to our roomeach morningperfect locationview of the waterlittle extrascontinental breakfastvalet parking
Reviewed 12 May 2014

What started out to be a disaster upon arrival turned out to be a most pleasant stay at the Harbourview. After a 15 hour road trip, we were extremely anxious to get settled in our grand harbourview room we had booked only to find our reservation had been cancelled. Bruce was at the desk and took it upon himself to keep me calm and managed to get us in a room on the 1st floor for the first night and then to a room closer to what we had booked for the remainder. He brought us champagne and waived our valet parking cost along with giving us a better rate to make up for all the inconveniences and stress. He did all that knowing that within 45 minutes he would no longer be working for Harbourview because he was moving to San Francisco! The entire staff goes out of their way to make sure you're enjoying your stay. It is also in the best location to enjoy the historic district. The view is great, their complimentary breakfast and wine and cheese reception was done very tastefully and the beds are very comfortable!! I was very impressed by how much the entire staff did to please us after the entire mix up. I would highly recommend the Harbourview and would definitely stay there again if I were back in Charleston. Thank you for making the best of that situation.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lynn A
AGM-HarbourViewInn, Guest Relations Manager at Harbourview Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Greetings Lynn A,

It makes us proud to see our team was able to help make your HarbourView experience a perfect one. I am thrilled Bruce was able to provide a solution to the issue discovered upon your arrival. Our service team is our most valued asset in delivering a quality experience, and I know Bruce and the whole team appreciates your kind words. On behalf of the entire team, we appreciate your 5 out of 5 review and we are all happy you enjoyed the view, our complimentary services and cozy accommodations. We send our best to you and we hope to accommodate you again in the future.

Please feel free to contact me any time, and it will be my pleasure to assist you in any way.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We booked a harbor view room facing the harbor which was very, very beautiful! It was wonderful to see the harbor & the Waterfront Park from our balcony. The trolley also stops right outside which makes it convenient to get on & off when you are sightseeing. Beds were fabulous! The hotel is decorated very, very nicely! It was record heat last week when we were there. I know this sounds picky, but the elevator is not air conditioned - this is rough when it is in the high 90's. It was so nice having a choice as to where you wanted your breakfast served. Staff are very friendly & helpful! The M&M's & the cookies & milk at night is a great touch! The location of the public computer was a little awkward being right in the lobby so everyone could see when checking emails. But a great hotel! I would return!!

Room Tip: If you can afford a room with a harbor view, go for it! I know for me this was a once in a lifetime experience!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sharon G

Dear Sharon G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the HarbourView Inn with future travelers. On behalf of the entire team, we appreciate you kind remarks and we are happy you enjoyed our convenient location, our cozy accommodations and our complimentary services. Also, we are pleased to receive your feedback, as guest feedback is our most valued in our dedication to continually improving our services. We hope to accommodate you again in the future and send our best to you in Michigan.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

The Inn has all you could ask for, fabulous setting, rooms (especially with water views), breakfast
delivered to your room, wine and cheese..... easy to walk to downtown locations. Staff is friendly,
helpful, polite and professional.
Make plans early, this is a great place and may not be available. Cannot go wrong with this selection. Have stayed many times and never disappointed.

Room Tip: Water views are the best.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mar w
AGM-HarbourViewInn, Guest Relations Manager at Harbourview Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Mar W,

Thank you for your 5 out of 5 review and for returning to stay with us! On behalf of the entire HarbourView Inn team, we appreciate your kind remarks and helping spread the word of our specialized services. I am thrilled you enjoyed the views and ideal location of the HarbourView Inn, our complimentary services and I especially thank you for your kind remarks towards our team. They are our greatest asset in delivering a quality experience. We send our best to you in Florida and hope to accommodate you again sometime soon.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I planned a first time trip to Charleston for my girlfriend's milestone birthday. I actually tried to book three other places to stay first but they were all sold out. I am so happy that we landed here as it was fantastic! We started out with a room with the water view and then had to move to a room without a view for much less money and the room was exactly the same! So no need to spend extra money unless you really need that view. Loved that breakfast was included every day and that you could have it delivered to 3 different spots- the roof terrace being the perfect spot but it is small and can be tough to get a table on busy mornings. We loved touring around all day by foot and coming back for the wine and cheese reception by 6. It was a really fun time and I can't wait to come back! Thanks to your staff!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Amy C
AGM-HarbourViewInn, Guest Relations Manager at Harbourview Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Amy C,

Thank you so much for the beautiful picture and glowing review of your time at the HarbourView Inn. On behalf of the entire HarbourView Inn team, we appreciate you sharing your experience and suggestions of our complimentary services, cozy accommodations and of course the location only the HarbourView Inn can offer in Historic Charleston. We hope to accommodate you again in the future and send our best to your group back home in Arizona.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I spent a long weekend at the Harbourview Inn with two friends to celebrate our 65th birthday. It could not have been more perfect. I discussed the situation on the phone, and they recommended a room in the historic wing (no view) but it was spacious, impeccably updated, the beds we so comfortable...and we actually had a view of the fountain in the park and watched brides and prom dates have their pictures taken on Saturday.
They sent us a bottle of champagne to celebrate our birthday. The service at the Inn was old-school perfect - friendly, polite, and there was wonderful attention to detail. They serve wine in the late afternoon, yummy cookies and milk at night, and breakfast in the morning (either in your room, a comfortable parlour, or when the weather is nice, up on the roof garden). They recommended the best walking tour.
Highly recommend this Inn for (women like us) or for couples or any age. It is on the park on the harbour. In the historic district. Around the corner from amazing restaurants. I wish I was still there!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank berkshiremom

Dear Berkshiremom,

It is fantastic to hear your group enjoyed the services and amenities of the HarbourView Inn. On behalf of the entire team, we appreciate you taking the time to share your delightful experience with us and future travelers of Historic Charleston. We are glad you enjoyed the cozy accommodations, ideal location & views, complimentary services and a special thanks for commending our hard working service team. They are truly our greatest asset in delivering quality experiences. We hope to accommodate you again in the future and send our best to you in Massachusetts.