“Location, location, location -- and lovely room” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Harbourview Inn

Harbourview Inn
Ranked #6 of 60 Hotels in Charleston
new york city
“Location, location, location -- and lovely room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our five night stay. Our room 307 was neat and well-equipped with a comfortable bed and a sparkling water view; the breakfast on the roof was a treat (even if occasionally shared by the birds); and the service was friendly and welcoming. In particular, our breakfast server, Lilit, was sweet and helpful (retrieving my husband's sunglass case from the roof and bringing it back to our room before he even realized it was missing); Jessica and Lisa at the front desk were pleasant and helpful; and we also liked young Jason at the door, who always greeted us with a smile. Breakfasts were always on time as well and the wine and cheese in the afternoon was a nice touch! We also appreciated the trolley stop right out the door. We really had no complaints -- only praise -- for this spot and hope to return.

Room Tip: We had a Harbour View room, 307, and thought it was worth the extra money, although we didn't re...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank crunchkin
Dear Crunchkin,

I am thrilled you and your husband enjoyed your experience at the HarbourView Inn while visiting Historic Charleston. On behalf of the entire team, we appreciate you sharing your review with future travelers. I am so happy you took advantage of our convenient location and enjoyed the comfortable tempur pedic beds and complimentary services. A very special thank you for mentioning Lilit, Lisa, Jessica and Jason for their hard work. They are true assets to our team and I know they appreciate your kind words. We hope to accommodate you again in the future, and we send our best to you in New York.

Please contact me any time and it will be my pleasure to assist you with anything.

HarbourView Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (449)
Kingsport, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Our stay was hot and steamy (literally...the air conditioning went out during the middle of the night) on the first couple of nights but cooled down on the other three nights. The management and staff were great and went above and beyond - including one night's stay free - to make sure we had an awesome stay! Great southern hospitality.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Linda B
Dear Linda B,

I am so pleased you found the HarbourView Inn to be a lovely hotel for your trip to Historic Charleston. On behalf of the entire team, we appreciate you sharing your positive review despite the issue with our air conditioning. I am happy the issue was resolved and addressed with you by management during your stay. I especially thank you for complementing our service team, whom without we could not deliver such quality experiences of Southern Hospitality. We hope to accommodate you in the future and send our best to you in Tennessee.

Rogers, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is an exceptional hotel. The rooms are beautiful and very comfortable! A great night sleep! Wonderful service. Added treats like complimentary breakfast delivered to roof top patio or room, wine and cheese at 5, and cookies and milk before bedtime. Super location! Highly recommend.

1 Thank Gina P
Dear Gina P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your exceptional experience and give your recommendation to future travelers of Historic Charleston. On behalf of the entire HarbourView Inn team, we appreciate the review, and I am thrilled you took advantage of our ideal location and enjoyed our cozy accommodations and all of our complimentary services. We hope to accommodate you again and send our best to you in Arkansas.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

3 nights here in June.
The positives are the location, right by the waterfront, close to numerous bars, restaurants and visitor sights. The free trolley bus stops outside. The cheese and wine at 5.00 and the cookies and milk at 9.00 are a nice touch. The continental breakfast choices are reasonable, and there is free tea and coffee all day. The terrace has good views and is able to catch the sea breezes.
The disappointments for us: the term harbour view is a little disingenuous as unless you are on the top 4th floor, you can only see the harbour by craning your neck out of the window. We had a harbour side room, which technically it is, but the website pictures do not really tell the full story as there is a whacking great building between the hotel and the waterfront.. The staff were efficient rather than friendly and certainly the lady serving the free drinks was as miserable as sin, and had her tip box out rather expectantly. The valet greeted us in the car park and asked if we had any questions about Charleston before we even got out of the car. It certainly felt like he was doing what was required rather than with any great interest or service in mind.

We found the hotel to be much more expensive than others on our trip but put this down to the central location for which you pay a premium. It was very convenient for us, but we were disappointed it and the staff lacked the Southern charm we have experienced elsewhere in Georgia and South Carolina.

Room Tip: Do not pay extra for harbour side rooms as the view is obscured by the building opposite. The beds...
2 Thank AthelbraeTraining
TDFord, Manager at Harbourview Inn, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear AthelbraeTraining,

I thank you for your review and feedback of your experience with the HarbourView Inn. It is great to see you enjoyed our ideal location near shopping, dining and attractions. Also, it is important for us to add value to the experience with services such as the Wine & Cheese, Cookies & Milk, daily refreshments and coffee, and I am happy you enjoyed these complimentary services. Furthermore, I extend my most sincere apologies for you finding short comings in other areas of your stay. HarborSide Rooms feature French Doors and partial views of Waterfront Park. The photos on our website do not advertise water views in this room type, and I suggest HarbourView Rooms and Grand HarbourView Rooms for our best harbor views. I will share your other comments with our team and use them as training for delivering services in a friendly and professional manner. I wish I could have spoken to you during your stay so I may have recovered from these service failures, and I am certainly available to expand on any other feedback, as guest feedback is the most valuable in our dedication to continually improve our services. We hope to accommodate you again in the future so we may deliver a more superior experience.

Please contact me anytime and it will be my pleasure to assist you.

Juno Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

This is a beautiful hotel near everything in Charleston. The hotel overlooks the harbor and the large fountain at the park. Our arrival was met by a very friendly and courteous valet. The valet parking was very nice and we really didn't need our car till the day we left. The front desk was very helpful. Our room, 201, was a corner room overlooking the fountain. The room was very clean and well decorated. Since the hotel is well located, we could walk to the restaurants. It is very nice having the continental breakfast on the hotel's rooftop. We also took our evening cocktails up to the rooftop to enjoy the view. All and all, our visit was a wonderful experience.

1 Thank Glen G
Dear Glen G,

I am thrilled you had a wonderful time and found HarbourView Inn to be beautiful and conveniently located. On behalf of the entire team, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with future travelers of Historic Charleston. I especially thank you for complementing the services of our valet and front desk teams, whom without we could not deliver such quality experiences. We hope to accommodate you again in the future and send our best to you sunny Florida.

United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

We often come to Charleston for our romantic getaways...my husband and I love the feel of the old city and all that it has to offer. We used to usually stay at the Charleston Place, but this time I wanted something more intimate, closer to the park and with a view...but I was not ready for a BB (I like my big 5 star hotel amenities ;) ...so I found this Inn. PERFECT. It was my husband's birthday and all the staff made it extra special (Thank you Mr. Drew Ford and Matt Buros)...the front desk was extremely nice and all the cookies, milk, tea, coffee and wine were very thoughtful (as was the complimentary bottle of champagne in our room)
Our room was wonderful and had a great view of the park and the bay...we had our breakfast and late night drinks on the balcony and loved it. The room size is not huge, but nice size and very well appointed. The jacuzzi tub in the bathroom sure was a nice touch. The location of the hotel just cannot be beat. We were able to walk absolutely everywhere. (it would have been nice if the Inn provided bikes, like some of the boutique hotels do)

Room Tip: the higher the better. Do call and ask for a room with a view of the water.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank MMignone
Dear MMignone,

I am overjoyed to read of your perfect experience at the HarbourView Inn. I cannot thank you enough for the kind remarks for Matt and myself. On behalf of the entire team, we appreciate you sharing your experience and spreading the word of our services, such as wine & cheese, cookies & milk, and continental breakfast delivery. I am happy you took advantage of our ideal location and enjoyed the views from our terrace. I hope we may accommodate you again on a future visit to Historic Charleston, and I send our best to your family back home.

Please contact me any time and it will be my pleasure to assist you in any way..

Lexington, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

My boyfriend won a silent auction bid and this hotel had a gift certificate for a 2 nite stay in the package!! We were pleasantly surprised. The only room left with a king was the handicapped room. It was very nice. The mattress was so nice (tempurpedic?) Great linens!! The service was great. The only complaint and such a mild complaint was that our bathroom must have backed up to the elevator (we were on 2nd floor) and we could hear the elevator. It wasn't that loud if we shut the bathroom door.

Beautiful view of harbor on the top floor!! Morning coffee is so good!!

Great stay! Enjoyed it!!!

Dear Baruba_Juba,

Congratulations on winning our donated two night stay from the silent auction you attended! On behalf of the entire HarbourView Inn team, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with future travelers of Historic Charleston. I am thrilled you enjoyed our ideal views, our comfy tempur pedic beds with cozy linens and thank you for complementing our services delivered by our team, whom without we could not deliver such quality experiences. We send our best to you in Lexington, and we hope to accommodate you again in the future.