“Pleasant stay, comfy room, great location”
Review of Harbourview Inn

Harbourview Inn
Ranked #5 of 62 Hotels in Charleston
Bayside, New York
“Pleasant stay, comfy room, great location”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

After staying a week at the beach south of Myrtle, we want to spend a couple of nights in Charleston to explore the city, and be near the airport on our way back.

We enjoyed our stay at the Harbourview Inn.
It was a great location, right by the water and across the street from the Waterfront park. It was convenient to all locations in the city and within walking distance to all.

Although the hotel doesn't have a pool, the huge water fountain across the street at the entrance to the park makes up for it.. our 2 young kids spent 20+ mins in the water each day we were there.

The room was comfortable for a family of 4 with a good sized room and bathroom. Beds were very comfortable, and pillows were fluffy. The room had all the amenities you would expect including a safe, a nice TV, a small fridge, and plenty of storage space.

We didn't realize the stay included free breakfast, and we took advantage of the nice views on the terrace one morning during breakfast.

Staff was friendly and helpful throughout our stay.
When back in Charleston, we definitely will look to stay here again.

TDFord, Manager at Harbourview Inn, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear Petertom25,

I am happy to have one of Trip Advisor’s top contributors stay at the HarbourView Inn and have such a pleasant experience. On behalf of the entire team, we appreciate you sharing your experience with future visitors of Historic Charleston. I am glad you and the family enjoyed our accommodations and our location near shopping, dining and attractions such as the family friendly Waterfront Park just across the street from us. Also, I am thrilled our team was friendly and helpful throughout your stay. Our team is our greatest asset in delivering quality experiences, and I know they appreciate your kind words. We look forward to your next visit and send our best to you and the family back home in New York.

HarbourView Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (470)
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stayed 3-nights in July-2014. We had a wonderful experience. Hotel is in a perfect location too the harbor and restaurants. Staff was very professional. Hotel is great. Had wine and cheese every night at 5. Also had fresh baked cookies and milk every night at 9. Great free breakfast buffet. Perfect place to stay.

TDFord, Manager at Harbourview Inn, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear Artbopa,

It is delightful to hear of your wonderful experience with the HarbourView Inn while visiting Historic Charleston. On behalf of the entire team, we appreciate you helping to spread the word of our specialized services such as complimentary breakfast delivery, wine & cheese reception and of course the milk & cookies at night. I am glad you took advantage of our ideal location near the water, restaurants, shopping and attractions. Also, thank you for commending our hard working team; I know they appreciate your kind remarks. We hope to accommodate you again in the future and send our best to you and your family in Pennsylvania.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The location is excellent, you can walk all of downtown and king street from here. The front desk is very nice and helpful Staff very nice. Rooms updated and fresh. No special welcome gift in room for there best suite but hey that's not why we go there. Good valet parking when you need it. great free wifi. This place was very nice and on the small side which was good. They do a cool thing with breakfast which was included on our trip and delivered to our room each morning! The Hungarian lady who delivers it is a doll! Just put your request on your door by 11:30. No hotel bar, but there is one nice one 20 steps away from there main door.

Room Tip: Get a room on the forth floor with a balcony. only one large suite so if you need it book it! No ba...
1 Thank Misonix
Dear Misonix,

I am delighted you took the time to share you very nice experience with us. On behalf of the entire HarbourView Inn team, we appreciate your kind review that will be shared with future visitors of Historic Charleston. I am glad you enjoyed the Suite, our great location and our services. The Suite is indeed a great option for a room with a top floor location with two balconies with harbor views and complimentary snacks and drinks. Furthermore, thank you for complementing our service team who is our greatest asset in delivering quality experiences. I know they appreciate your kind words. We hope to accommodate you again in the future and send our best to you in Ohio.

Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We had the wonderful opportunity to spent several nights at the Harbourview on a business trip, with approximately 12 other couples. The hotel was a dream from the moment we arrived.

Let me tell you right away, the place is beautiful! It's situated at the end of the street, at the entrance to a gorgeous dock & pier. There is a wonderful fountain and the pier has hanging porch swings scattered about for you to sit and enjoy the harbor and ships passing. And you'll be just a hop, skip and a jump from the market. Be sure to be back in time for the complimentary afternoon wine and bedtime cookies!

Inside you'll find a wonderful staff and lovely lobby. We were treated to a huge queen room. The bed was big, beautiful and comfortable. The decor was exactly what you would hope to find in a classic southern plantation ~ exquisite!

We enjoyed ourselves so much and talked about it so frequently, my fiance's daughter chose it for her honeymoon. She was just as pleased as we were!

This is exactly were you want to be for a very special weekend getaway!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank NCK-Rock
Dear NCK-Rock,

I am thrilled that you and the group of couples found the HarbourView Inn to be a perfect decision for the trip to Historic Charleston. On behalf of the entire HarbourView Inn team, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with future travelers. We are happy you enjoyed our ideal location, complimentary services and the cozy accommodations. We look forward to accommodating your daughter for her special occasion, and we hope to accommodate you as well on your next trip to Charleston. We send our best to you and your family and friends in Charlotte.

Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The staff made our anniversary even more special. We booked the "Celebrate Romance" package and the front desk staff went to great lengths to make our stay memorable. Our first room was just off the lobby and on the second night Michelle (my hero) upgraded us to a suite overlooking the harbor. Both rooms were very clean and comfortable, the suite had two balconies with spectacular views, was very spacious with a huge bathroom. Lisa booked our dinner reservations and found an awesome brunch on our last day. The location couldn't be better and is within walking distance of everything. The staff made this great facility all the better by seeing to every detail. The hotel was wonderful, the service ensured our plans to return.

Room Tip: Forth floor room facing east have balconies overlooking the harbor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Bruce H,

On behalf of the entire HarbourView Inn team, we are proud to be a part of your memorable anniversary weekend. Also, I am glad you took advantage of our convenient location and enjoyed our beautiful views and cozy accommodations. Furthermore, thank you for commending Lisa and Michelle for their hard work. They are true assets to our team, and I know they appreciate your kind words. We look forward to your next visit and send our best to you and your family in Greenville.

Please contact me any time and I will be pleased to help.

New Paltz, New York
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My friend brought me here for my birthday last year and I just came upon the Harbour View last weekend when visiting Charleston. We both really loved this hotel: the staff are friendly, the rooms are comfortable, and it is within walking distance to many restaurants and bars. I will definitely be coming back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the harbor so you can see the fountain lit up at night
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Lanes1997,

I am happy to read of your great stay at the HarbourView Inn in Historic Charleston. Thank you for sharing your compliments of our hard working team. They are our greatest asset in delivering quality experiences, and I know they appreciate your kind words. We are happy you enjoyed the cozy accommodations, our ideal location and our services. We hope to accommodate you again in the future and send our best to you in New York.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We loved the location and the quaintness of the hotel. We stayed in a corner suite that gave us ample room to move around. The decor was classic and simple. The bed was comfortable and everything was in order. The Harbourview Inn had the best continental breakfast ever. We were in Charleston in mid June so the breakfast wasn't too heavy. The pastries came from Saffron Bakery and they were the BEST. Charleston had so much to offer. Hospitality is taken seriously.

Room Tip: Any corner room facing the harbor is excellent.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Crosby-Scott
TDFord, Guest Relations Manager at Harbourview Inn, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear Crosby-Scott,

I would like to sincerely thank you for naming us the Best of Charleston. On behalf of the entire HarbourView Inn team, we appreciate you sharing your experience with future travelers of Historic Charleston. I am glad you found comfort in our accommodations and tastiness in our complimentary continental breakfast from Saffron which is delivered to you each morning. Charleston does indeed have much to offer, and we hope to accommodate you for a return trip. We send our best to you in D.C.

Please contact me any time and I will be pleased to help.