As a result of researching hotels for a Charleston trip for my wife and me, we picked the HarbourView Inn because of its amenities and location in the French Quarter on the Charleston harbor waterfront.
We were given a water-view room that was very well appointed, sufficiently spacious, and extremely quiet, comfortable, and clean. Our amenities included complimentary afternoon wine and cheese in the atrium. The continental breakfast was inclusive and delivery options included our room, the atrium, or the hotel’s rooftop. We chose the rooftop because of the nice views and the fine weather. We breakfasted at the hotel three mornings and were wholly satisfied with the quality and variety that included yogurt, parfaits, fruit, cereal, and baked goods plus drinks.
Our service was excellent. All of the members of the staff, including the parking valets, were very courteous and helpful. In particular, our receptionist/concierge Jessica was a standout. In addition to being very gracious, she provided us with numerous excellent dinner recommendations and called to make reservations for us.
The location of this hotel could not have been better. It is in close proximity to the historic residential district, topnotch restaurants, the Market area, and other city attractions. The free DASH city trolley bus stops across the hotel’s front door and will take you to many attractions outside of walking distance.
The HarbourView Inn is a first-rate hotel in an ideal location and staffed with very accommodating and professional personnel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy unparalleled service and signature amenities from this AAA Four-Diamond and Condé Nast "Gold List Award" luxury hotel. Panoramic views, vast atriums and beautifully appointed guest rooms - some with private balconies, working fireplaces, and whirlpool tubs - await your arrival. From the moment you enter one of the most historic hotels in Charleston, SC, you will find modern features and services, old world charm and unpretentious Southern hospitality. The waterfront and atrium lobbies are reminiscent of Charleston's early years as a colonial nautical trading hub. They offer the perfect setting for idle reflection, a glass of wine or just the refined sport of people watching. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Harbourview Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbourview Hotel Charleston
- Harbour View Inn Charleston