We had booked at least six hotels in advance of our first weekend getaway to Charleston after reading reviews and guidebooks that indicated there were almost too many good options. We finally narrowed it down to the Harbourview Inn because of its proximity to the Union Pier Passenger Terminal, as the primary reason for our visit was for Harborfest, the tall ships festival. We canceled our other reservations and hoped for the best, and that's exactly what we got:
Outstanding location across from lovely Waterfront Park, quiet and peaceful with a panoramic view of the harbor, yet only steps from the bustle of Market Street shopping and Bay Street restaurants.
Understated elegance in the public areas and rooms (the larger historic wing room, where we moved to during our stay, took our breath away). Tempurpedic beds!
Staff who bent over backward to accommodate us and ensure our satisfaction.
The most complete "continental" breakfast we've ever had, delivered to the comfortable atrium lobby, the privacy of our room, or the rooftop terrace.
Coffee and tea available in the atrium lobby.
Milk and cookies (several varieties!) in the lobby every night.
Afternoon wine and cheese -- we didn't even take advantage of this, but I imagine it's divine!
We even checked out the other hotels we had considered, and confirmed that we had absolutely made the right choice.
There is no better hotel in Charleston!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy unparalleled service and signature amenities from this AAA Four-Diamond and Condé Nast "Gold List Award" luxury hotel. Panoramic views, vast atriums and beautifully appointed guest rooms - some with private balconies, working fireplaces, and whirlpool tubs - await your arrival. From the moment you enter one of the most historic hotels in Charleston, SC, you will find modern features and services, old world charm and unpretentious Southern hospitality. The waterfront and atrium lobbies are reminiscent of Charleston's early years as a colonial nautical trading hub. They offer the perfect setting for idle reflection, a glass of wine or just the refined sport of people watching. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Harbourview Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbourview Hotel Charleston
- Harbour View Inn Charleston