After a recent visit to Charleston, South Carolina, I was most impressed by my hotel appropriately named the Harbourview Inn Charleston! Not knowing what to expect, I was more than pleasantly surprised! The pleasantries and amenities were noticed immediately.
This hotel is perfectly situated near the water for the view, but also conveniently placed so that all you need or want is just around the corner! It was perfect for my five night stay, traveling solo for the first time. Not only was the cleanliness and service impeccable, the Southern hospitality of the employees made me feel right at home. Bert, Robert, Tyler, Jack, Joseph, Mike, Baily, Jason and Trey (I apologize if I left anyone out of this list), made sure I was comfortable in every way possible. The front desk kept me informed of the tourist attractions as well as the local fare, came through with directions and ways of transportation, suggested restaurants and beaches and made me aware of weather conditions so not to nix my overall plans for each upcoming day. The ambiance of the atrium/sitting areas, inside and outdoors up on the roof were spectacular! Morning breakfast on the roof enjoying the view, wine & cheese at 5 and milk and cookies at 9, made for a wonderful start, mid day break or end to each day. I was also very pleased by the ease and convenience of all transactions having been made for me.
Overall, this hotel is number 1 in my book and definitely a hotel I will return to over and over again when in Charleston, my new favorite Southern vacation spot! I have already recommended it to new friends & vacationers I had met while in town as well as those I had met on the plane ride back to New York state. Complaints? I should have stayed longer - I hold the hotel management responsible for not convincing me of this!
Rochester, New York
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy unparalleled service and signature amenities from this AAA Four-Diamond and Condé Nast "Gold List Award" luxury hotel. Panoramic views, vast atriums and beautifully appointed guest rooms - some with private balconies, working fireplaces, and whirlpool tubs - await your arrival. From the moment you enter one of the most historic hotels in Charleston, SC, you will find modern features and services, old world charm and unpretentious Southern hospitality. The waterfront and atrium lobbies are reminiscent of Charleston's early years as a colonial nautical trading hub. They offer the perfect setting for idle reflection, a glass of wine or just the refined sport of people watching. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Harbourview Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbourview Hotel Charleston
- Harbour View Inn Charleston