“Very exciting”

Thriller Charleston - High Speed Tour Boat
More attraction details
Owner description: Thriller is rocking the boat with a 1 hour and approximately 30 mile tour. See the sites of Charleston along with 5 forts and 2 lighthouses while on your way to an up close view of Morris Island Lighthouse. Live narration and rock tunes on a 43-passenger hi-speed power catamaran will surely put a smile on your face.
Reviewed 24 August 2008

My family and I went on this ride and enjoyed it immensely.

"You WILL get wet," they told us, and gave anybody who wanted one a baggie to keep things like cell phones in to keep them dry. There are mesh compartments to keep your items in, but they're not very big. I just clutched my baggie the whole time to keep it from blowing away.

Once we got out of the no-wake zone, they kicked up the speed and we took off like lightning! What a blast! Salt spray in our faces, and intense wind made it lots of fun! If you have long hair, definitely pull it back. We hit some pretty high waves, so when the boat bounced over them, the effect was like riding a roller coaster.

I would recommend this to anyone who wants more than just a typical, slow-moving boat ride. This was an ADVENTURE. We came back pretty much soaking wet, but it was so worth it!

3  Thank RightHereFuggy

Reviewed 16 August 2008

This is a new, unique way to tour the Charleston Harbor area. The ride covers a lot more of the sites than any other boating tour in a limited time. Although it's a converted speed boat, the ride is very comfortable with a limited amount of spray entering the boat. Captain Mike and Barbara are very good natured and make the trip even more enjoyable. The narration is interesting and informative, although the roar of the engine sometimes makes the narration a little hard to hear, especially if sitting closer to the engine. As of August 2008 this tour is only three months old, but already seems to be doing well and growing in popularity. Highly recommended for all ages...locals and tourists!

3  Thank dcwhit
Reviewed 10 August 2008

If you are looking for fun on the ocean with speed, historic hi-lights and great service, this is the ride to be on in Charleston.

For those that prefer to not be like everyone else - this is the ride for you.

At the end of it, I looked at my friend and said - can we go again? I truly enjoyed the experience and found Captain Mark and the crew to be extremely friendly, personable and knowledgeable.

This ride is a must!

2  Thank Aimee A
Reviewed 29 July 2008

I went on the Thriller Charleston boat tour with a group of fellow employees to experience the tour. The only thoughts that kept running through my head was that it was fantastic. Barbara and Mark are very welcoming and cracked jokes the entire time (expect when they were driving of course). The water was just rough enough to make it thrilling and actually got a bit of air over some swells. Watched a pelican take a nose dive for some fish practically next to the boat which was great. Overall, it was a great experience and I will definately be recommending it to everyone that I can.

2  Thank IrelandsSpades
See more reviews
Reviewed 17 July 2008

As the website staes, If you only do one tour in charleston this is the one. After visiting Charleston many times and even living there for a while, this by far is the best and most exciting way to see all the major sites. In one hour you see the Battery,fort sumter, and all other forts in the harbor, a very close up view of the Morris Island light house as well as a drive by of the sullivans island light house. You also see the uss yorktown, Cooper River Bridge, Columbus Street SPA terminal, Waterfront Park and more. This tour is great for kids 3+ they do offer floatation devices for kids. This is a high speed boat that takes you to the above mentioned places, while enroute Captain Mark seeks out some waves to catch some air on and does some high speed turns, while Barb points out the landmarks. Barb and Mark do a wonderful job at making you feel like part of the family. You can bring cameras as they do provide bags in case you need them, however we did not get wet at all, just a little spray. Dont miss out on this new adventure.

2  Thank todd5244